Deluxe Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deluxe Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within a day or so after applying. There was a phone interview withe the recruiter, then an interview at the Burbank location with 2 individuals in the area i'd be working in. Two days after the interview, I received an offer that was contingent on passing the drug test and background screening.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I received a call and went in for a face to face with three specific individuals. I met with a manager, director, and a VP. After the interview, I was given a timeline for feedback but I never received a follow-up. When I reached out I was told the company or division is having fire drills and they won't know when they will reach a decision but I'm still in consideration. Nothing and then after prodding and probing I finally received an e-mail letting me know they are passing and no additional feedback. Probably one of the worst and confusing experiences I've had interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions and some technical questions. Study interview questions and you will be fine.
      Tell me about your day to day? Etc
      What type of budgeting, planning, analysis have you done?
      The best model you've created?   Answer Question

Senior Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was told to call into a conference line at the given time. I asked for a leave to take part in the phone interview. I waited for about 20 minutes but no body joined the conference. The interview was changed to the next day after contacted with the recruiter. Again, no body came. The recruiter changed the time to anther day. For the third time, two guys joined the conference. No matter what I said, they just kept interrupting me and said OK next question. The whole process finished in 18 min. This is a very strange company.

Interview Questions

• Experience and basic Java Questions   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Interview

Applied on line, contacted by in house talent acquisition for filtering of unqualified candidates. I was directed to a phone interview the next week with 3 people. 2 of the three people were minutes late, one of them significantly. Basic questions about project management and my past history were covered. None of the managers seemed interested in being on the call at any point. One then asked what year I graduated from college - a technically legal question to get around the illegal "how old are you" question. Shortly thereafter, one of the interviewers dropped off the call without saying goodbye.
    Weeks went by when the talent acquisition person indicated that the managers still had not decided to move forward on hiring anyone.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied directly through the Deluxe website. Received an email the next week to set up a phone pre-interview with the Recruiter. During the phone interview an in person interview was set up for the following week. Interviewed in Burbank with two people and the questions were fairly standard. Completed two writing tests at the end of the interview. A couple of weeks later I received another email to set up a second interview with two more people. This interview was more detailed and department specific in it's questioning.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your employment history and how you arrived at your last job.   Answer Question
    • How are you with juggling multiple projects?   Answer Question
    • How well do you work under tight time constraints?   Answer Question
    • How do you work in a team environment with team members that may be less experienced but have more knowledge than you?   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got a call from the company recruiter who scheduled a phone interview. I waited for the phone interview and no one called me. So I called the recruiter back, who rescheduled the phone interview. (I would think someone would call me to reschedule.)The phone interview went ok. I was then called by the recruiter to come in for an in-person interview. The recruiter said that she emailed the Director about one of the interviewers was out sick and that there was a replacement. He said he didn't know about it. I was also told that the position wasn't for this one dept but for another. The interview room that was booked had someone using it, so I ended up being interviewed in the Director's office. Shortly the Director took a phone call that lasted about 5-7 mins. He apologized and said that it was an important call from a DevOps Engineer who left the company because he was bored; didn't have much to do and that he had important information that he needed to get. (This is like a red flag to me.) He then said to me that I didn't have enough hands on experience with Automation(I told the guy during the phone interview that I'm not that experienced in Automation.) I then interviewed with a QA Engineer who asked me simple SQL questions and also gave me a couple of coding questions to answer. The QA Engineer and the Director both agreed that I wasn't a fit for the position. The 2 hour interview only lasted 1 hour. A total waste of my time. The phone interview guy could have just said right then and there that I wasn't a fit for the position, since they needed an advanced QA Automation expert. The drive was about 40-45mins each way from my home. My impression is that this company isn't respectful of people's time, and they have poor communication. Glad that I didn't waste another hour interviewing with them!

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about one big project you worked on, that you are most proud of.
      2. How much automation experience do you have?   Answer Question

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First, recruiter called me for initial screening. Basically, asked my job exp. with job specifications. Then they set up first round of phone interview. Interviewer asked me lot of questions from my resume then move to technical questions about AngularJS, JavaScript, Java, Spring Rest, MVC, Design patterns, Mongodb database. After completing the phone screening, they set up an skype interview. In skype interview, they give coding problems and in depth knowledge of technologies.

Branded Content/Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was recommended by the head of the studio to join the marketing team. Got to meet the Chief Marketing Officer of Deluxe and then individually met the team around him to see if I would fit in.

Assist Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (New York, NY).

Interview

very critical and clear and helpful and they will train me then i will start and i have to apply five hours a day under the manager follow up this work.

Senior Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was cold called and recruited for a senior sales position via LinkedIn. After aggressive follow up with me to obtain a copy of my CV and schedule calls with the hiring team, my interview was abruptly canceled minutes before I was scheduled to speak with the HR lead. After making several attempts to follow up and reschedule, they never responded to any of my emails or calls. Really classy hiring process. Stay far, far away from this dumpster fire of a company.

Interview Questions

• Can you speak with us today?   1 Answer