Deluxe Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

2.6

Senior Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was told to call into a conference line at the given time. I asked for a leave to take part in the phone interview. I waited for about 20 minutes but no body joined the conference. The interview was changed to the next day after contacted with the recruiter. Again, no body came. The recruiter changed the time to anther day. For the third time, two guys joined the conference. No matter what I said, they just kept interrupting me and said OK next question. The whole process finished in 18 min. This is a very strange company.

Interview Questions

• Experience and basic Java Questions   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Interview

Applied on line, contacted by in house talent acquisition for filtering of unqualified candidates. I was directed to a phone interview the next week with 3 people. 2 of the three people were minutes late, one of them significantly. Basic questions about project management and my past history were covered. None of the managers seemed interested in being on the call at any point. One then asked what year I graduated from college - a technically legal question to get around the illegal "how old are you" question. Shortly thereafter, one of the interviewers dropped off the call without saying goodbye.
    Weeks went by when the talent acquisition person indicated that the managers still had not decided to move forward on hiring anyone.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied directly through the Deluxe website. Received an email the next week to set up a phone pre-interview with the Recruiter. During the phone interview an in person interview was set up for the following week. Interviewed in Burbank with two people and the questions were fairly standard. Completed two writing tests at the end of the interview. A couple of weeks later I received another email to set up a second interview with two more people. This interview was more detailed and department specific in it's questioning.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your employment history and how you arrived at your last job.   Answer Question
    • How are you with juggling multiple projects?   Answer Question
    • How well do you work under tight time constraints?   Answer Question
    • How do you work in a team environment with team members that may be less experienced but have more knowledge than you?   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got a call from the company recruiter who scheduled a phone interview. I waited for the phone interview and no one called me. So I called the recruiter back, who rescheduled the phone interview. (I would think someone would call me to reschedule.)The phone interview went ok. I was then called by the recruiter to come in for an in-person interview. The recruiter said that she emailed the Director about one of the interviewers was out sick and that there was a replacement. He said he didn't know about it. I was also told that the position wasn't for this one dept but for another. The interview room that was booked had someone using it, so I ended up being interviewed in the Director's office. Shortly the Director took a phone call that lasted about 5-7 mins. He apologized and said that it was an important call from a DevOps Engineer who left the company because he was bored; didn't have much to do and that he had important information that he needed to get. (This is like a red flag to me.) He then said to me that I didn't have enough hands on experience with Automation(I told the guy during the phone interview that I'm not that experienced in Automation.) I then interviewed with a QA Engineer who asked me simple SQL questions and also gave me a couple of coding questions to answer. The QA Engineer and the Director both agreed that I wasn't a fit for the position. The 2 hour interview only lasted 1 hour. A total waste of my time. The phone interview guy could have just said right then and there that I wasn't a fit for the position, since they needed an advanced QA Automation expert. The drive was about 40-45mins each way from my home. My impression is that this company isn't respectful of people's time, and they have poor communication. Glad that I didn't waste another hour interviewing with them!

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about one big project you worked on, that you are most proud of.
      2. How much automation experience do you have?
      Answer Question

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First, recruiter called me for initial screening. Basically, asked my job exp. with job specifications. Then they set up first round of phone interview. Interviewer asked me lot of questions from my resume then move to technical questions about AngularJS, JavaScript, Java, Spring Rest, MVC, Design patterns, Mongodb database. After completing the phone screening, they set up an skype interview. In skype interview, they give coding problems and in depth knowledge of technologies.

Assist Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (New York, NY).

Interview

very critical and clear and helpful and they will train me then i will start and i have to apply five hours a day under the manager follow up this work.

Senior Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was cold called and recruited for a senior sales position via LinkedIn. After aggressive follow up with me to obtain a copy of my CV and schedule calls with the hiring team, my interview was abruptly canceled minutes before I was scheduled to speak with the HR lead. After making several attempts to follow up and reschedule, they never responded to any of my emails or calls. Really classy hiring process. Stay far, far away from this dumpster fire of a company.

Interview Questions

• Can you speak with us today?   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Heard back from recruiter 4 days later. Spoke briefly on the phone. She went over the job details, what I'm currently doing, the usual. She asked about salary requirements, I mentioned my current salary ($42k) and she said that's within the range the position goes for. A day or so later she emailed me to schedule an in person with 2 people from the team. The in person interview was in their Burbank office which was nice. Met with 2 directors. Went over my resume and they went in depth about the role and its duties. Asked me about my day to day responsibilities currently. If I would work overtime at a moments notice, etc. I felt the in person went very well. Both directors were very friendly. So I felt good leaving the interview.

A week after the in person interview, the same recruiter I had the phone call with reached out offering me the position. However, I felt it was a HUGE bait and switch. She offered me the role as temp to hire with absolutely no guarantee of conversion. On top of that, she mentioned it would be at a rate of $15/hour. I told her I'd think about it. After voicing my concerns that no one mentioned temp to hire to me, she claims she did mention it and that I agreed. Just to be clear, I have a stable salaried job making 25% more than this position. So there's really no one way I would even interview for a job knowing its a temp position.

I will say that this was a very discouraging interview process for me. I have waited years to get back into entertainment and to have this shown to me and then taken away was frustrating. The staff at Deluxe was very friendly. I just wish they were clear from the beginning that they have zero full time positions and that they're really just looking for labor for the new CA minimum wage. I don't think it's appropriate for a person working retail/fast food to be making the same as this position (just a suggestion).

If you're looking to get your foot in the door and can handle an unknown future working for minimum wage, then this is the job for you.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any technical experience utilizing programs such as FinalCut, etc.?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with 4 people from the department. One of them left within a few minutes, one barely talked and the other was falling asleep. Probably was not a good idea to have an end of the day interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Was initially called by one of their recruiters. Must have gotten my resume from an online board or something? Asked me a few coder type questions and said they would get back to me. Day or so later they asked me in for a face to face. I asked to speak on the phone with the hiring manager first, to make sure it was a good fit.

Spoke to the hiring manager on the phone and told him what kind of role I am interested in, and if the fit wasn't right, we could go our separate ways. I'm looking more for a lead/architect type role, and not a coder role.

Came in for a face to face and despite telling me the role wasn't a coder role on the phone, they told me that it was a coder role. Wasn't too happy about that. The interview was pretty much geared towards a coder role, nothing more.

But the face to face didn't really go very well. I have a strong personality and know what I want in my next role. It intimidates many weaker managers who don't really know what they are doing and I think it happened here too. When you come in and know more than the hiring manager, you know where the interview is going to go.

Interview Questions

• How do you create a field in SQL Server that is equivalent to long in C#.
      What do you get if you subtract one date field from another date field.
      1 Answer