Demand Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Demand Media Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.6

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Demand Media.

Interview

totally confusing and disorganized, wrong emails sent, wrong dates and times, bad follow up, process took a really long time. recruiter didnt know the job or skills needed.blah blah blah blah

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Demand Media in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and promptly received a reply about my application. We arranged for a telephonic interview but due to a poor connection this promptly ended. I agreed to answer the interview questions via email. However, I decided not to pursue the position as the recruiter had not read my resume which became apparent when she was surprised to find out I lived outside the US.

People Team Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Demand Media (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone screen. I was then invited to interview in person where I met with 4 different people on the team. It was a really pleasant experience and I got to learn a lot about the company, culture and type of person they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience, how I learn best and how I handle situations. Nothing was too out of the ordinary that I can recall.   Answer Question

Director of Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demand Media in April 2016.

Interview

Absolutely wonderful process from the screening with the talent screen to the phone interview. When coming on-site I got to meet a panel of stakeholders at the company. The next business day I got a verbal offer as well as details of the offer over e-mail. I respectfully countered the offer and after several days I learned that the company had to rescind the offer due to reorg in the company that reallocated this particular head count. Very discouraging experience but just glad that I didn't give notice with my current employer.

Interview Questions

• variety of interviews around the analytics process and database design   Answer Question

Negotiation

This company seems to be in tremendous flux. Negotiations were unfortunately nixed due to the offer being rescinded.

Front Desk Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demand Media (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was surprised when Demand called me for a pre-screening to interview, because you so rarely hear back from cold resumes. The HR rep was warm and friendly, and clearly had spent some time with my resume and cover letter to ask questions that showed us both if it was a good fit.

I also enjoyed the in-person interviews: the first round with a half hour each with four people, and though it was intense, they were all warm and friendly, and they all were invested in matching the right person to the right position. I felt that we were on the same side, not that I was being interrogated, and the conversations flowed easily without feeling burdened by the typical "across-the-desk" interview questions. I left feeling on top of the world.

The second interview was with just one person and was about another half-hour. It was apparent that the interviewer liked and trusted her team, and wanted to make sure that the position and company truly clicked with my personality, work style, and career goals. I felt that I could be honest and open.

All the interviewers made sure I was offered a beverage and the interview room was stocked with water, sodas, and snacks. I was give a tour of the entire building and was asked at every turn if I had any questions and felt comfortable. They were invested in my experience not just as a job candidate, but as a person.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals and how can we help you achieve them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Based on a previous salary, I was offered more than the original posting was for and so did not negotiate.

Devops Engineer Interview

Interview

I filled out their application found on their site. Note I have every skill, and preferred experience, skill they listed for the role. They not only didn't call me but almost immediately rejected, they use Jobvite, my application. They should decide what skills they are actually looking for.

UI Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Demand Media in November 2015.

Interview

I have no phone screening, the company just call me to inform for an onsite interview which took 3 hour answering question and perform whiteboard algorithm solving. The interviewer quite good and they help me a lot. My questions are related with html, js and algorithm.

Interview Questions

• html parser, js, algorithm. web performance optimize, unix command   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Demand Media (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Demand invited many people to an Intern Day where they gave a tour of the office. We were then given a one-hour technical test, followed by a 30 minute behavioral interview with two software engineers. Overall, the experience was nice, and we interacted with the people working there a lot.

Interview Questions

• Questions that were asked were not at the level of data structures and algorithms; much of them focused more so on programming details (i.e. the difference between a stack and a queue, how to use MySQL, etc.).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Demand Media (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Met at the career fair, dropped my resume, got an email to interview at their office. First was a 30 minute skill review test based on Java. Next they had a one on one session wherein they talked about my resume.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Submitted my application at a school career fair for engineers.
    Got an email saying they'd like to invite me their Intern Day.
    All potentials interns had to take an on-site test on whatever you we're interviewing for.
    Afterword, they called you to speak with two engineers from the team. The interview questions were easy: asked about past projects and a easy whiteboard array question.

Interview Questions

• Given two arrays create a new one that concatenates the values of one array to the other. Something like that.   Answer Question