Demandforce Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Demandforce Account Executive Interview Questions

2.8

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Phone interview which took about 30 minutes just casually talking about work experience
Then an on site interview with several sales managers, if you make it past the managers then you go through a background check.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales?
    Name an obstacle you've overcome professionally
    What separates you from everyone else we are interviewing   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Demandforce

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I chose not to go past the phone interview, I felt the earning potentials at my current job were much higher, but this was the process as described to me by the recruiter over the phone:

They run one or two calls with an in-house recruiter then invite you in the office to speak with three or so hiring managers. You are then supposed to shadow people around, run a cold call maybe, are given presentation material to do a mock presentation in front of a couple others in a conference room and then if all is well are invited back for an offer.

My impression:
    I asked some questions that the recruiter over the phone either was unwilling or unable to answer, I wanted to know about the commission structure (whether it was caped, a percent of the sale, tiered, ect.), and how it was setup in specifics so I could gauge how much I was going to be able to make at the company should I decide to more seriously consider moving forward in the interview process and the recruiter wouldn't answer. The recruiter did tell me the average OTE of the position, but I find often that number either to be inflated or underestimated which is why I ask specifics. I didn't try to negotiate a higher salary, however the recruiter unbidden read off a script about how they couldn't move on the salary after I asked about what the earnings potential was with their commission structure. The average OTE for this position (thats what "they say" your earning potential is if you perform at the average level of the rest of the sales team) is about $75k per year which is pretty average for an entry level sales gig in San Francisco. The recruiter came off as a little stuck up and seemed inexperienced, she also wasn't really friendly over the phone and if thats the reflection of the attitude of the rest of the company even if the earning potential was much higher (which it might have been but they wouldn't tell me specifics on commissions, caps, and ect.) I probably wouldn't have wanted to work their regardless. Maybe I was asking too much to know how much I could make at their company, and maybe they don't want their competitors to know the structure after a phone call, but it was the first time someone was unwilling to answer those questions for me in an initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Really basic interview initial interview questions:

Why are you interested in demandforce?

Why are you looking to leave you previous job?

Tell me about jobs X, Y, and Z on your resume?

Later:

Cold call demo

PP Presentation with material provided prior to interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Demandforce (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and spoke with recruiter for 10 minutes who asked very basic questions that showed she had not actually read my resume at all, rather than the traditional introduction of telling me about the company and who they were looking for

Interview Questions

• Why demandgen? Are you in SFO? Why would you be a good fit for this role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Two-step process. First a phone interview w/ the internal recruiter then an in-person w/ three mangers. The overall experience lacked specifics and left me with an unclear picture of the organization. This interview process was extremely deficient.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard, not substantive.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demandforce.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. We talked for about 30 minutes, told me she thinks the position would be a great fit and scheduled an in person interview with 3 of the hiring managers. I was very specific about what vertical i was most interested in because of my background. I spoke with 3 hiring managers 2 from the vertical I was most interested in and one from another vertical. Met with each of them for about 20 minutes. Each person asked and built on the questions I previously answered. I was then told what the next steps would be if they felt it would be a good next step. I was contacted the same day and asked to come in for a more formal presentation in front of the hiring managers. In this presentation it is very important to ask probing questions and find the true decision maker and drill into what they are most interested in. After the presentation they told me that they would get back to me by the end of day with their decision.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Two interviews: First was an hour long in person interview with three managers (20 min each). Be prepared to speak specifically about your sales experience and challenges you have overcome in sales. Second interview is a 15 minute sales pitch to about 8 managers. Do some research on the product so you can answer basic questions. However, the main focus to find out if you can sell and how you handle objections. Close, close, close.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your day to day objectives at your current position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone screen, in-person interview with 3 people, then a formal presentation you give to sell them the product that you have to get them to say yes to. It was actually very fun but also turns out a bit nerve-wracking. The presentation you give is to 6 or 7 managers who wind up being your boss' boss when you start there and meet everyone.

Interview Questions

• Run of the mill interview questions. Name your biggest strength, biggest weakness, talk about a time you struggled, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online through the site indeed. Received a call from a recruiter about 2 weeks later. She informed me about the job position and about the company (selling SaaS to small business owners) I was told that if the company was interested they would contact me within a month or so. I then saw online that the company was having a hiring party for the same position that i applied for about 5 days later. I signed up for the hiring party and had to resubmit a resume and then I received a phone call from a manager at the company. She was great and the call went well so she suggested that I come to the hiring party. I arrived at the party in the San Francisco office and it was packed with at least 80 people. Their was a keg and it felt a little like a frat/house party. They called us into a room in groups of 7 or so and did a version of speed interviews. We were briefly coached up to show "energy" and "ask for the job" and were then sent in. It all felt a little impersonal and slightly unprofessional but I did meet some good people.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted to work in the technology industry.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

The interview was tough. It's a two-stage the interview process and initial short or set of interviews then a group interview where you were meant to propose the product to a prospective business. Be sure to close and don't give up. It's not easy and it's not for the faint hearted.

Interview Questions

• The questions can be unexpected so be in your best and don't let them tip your scale.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's a standard contract with commissions and the offers are given to all account executives as it does take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Was initally contacted by an HR rep for the company after submitting my resume on their website. Basic background interview, led to an in person interviews with 3 different hiring managers, 20 minutes eachs. The final stage is an presentation of the product to 8-10 managers.

Interview Questions

• Presenting Demandforce product to a dental practice: Interviewer says: My practice is located in a small rural town or is right next to an elderly care facility--implying that what is the value of demandforce if many of the clients might not use mobile communicatons etc.   1 Answer
    • Presenting Demandforce to a dental practice: Interviewer says they are a new dental practice, have only been open about a year. IE: there main concern is not follow up appointment reminders or calendar bookings for existing clients but the presenter should focus more on the marketing side of the product.   Answer Question