Demandware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Demandware Interview Questions

2.6

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Demandware (Boston, MA).

Interview

Process started with internal recruiter reaching out.
    Then technical phone screen and followed by onsite interviews with 6 people.
    Everyone was soft spoken and nice except one person who didn't seem interested in taking the interview. It felt like they had already selected someone for the position but were interviewing me as they couldn't cancel last minute.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java 8 questions.
      Algorithms.
      Binary search trees
      Given some basic info about a system, find flaws in UI and database.
      The most widely asked question about a big file that does not fit in memory but needs to be sorted.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Demandware (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with technical recruiter and then phone interview with chief scientist. Then invited for onsite interviews. Flown in and stayed at hotel near office. All expenses paid.

Onsite interview with 6 people from the team over 5 interviews.

Phone call back the following Monday with verbal offer followed by written offer 1-2 days after.

The technical recruiter checked in several times throughout the process and made sure everything was clear and all issues were taken care of.

Overall very pleasant experience. Good people who respect you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated an increase in base salary and starting date.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Demandware (Burlington, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

On call interview followed by 4 onsite interview. Called back again for discussion with QA director and enterprise architect. The discussion were more around project currently working on. HR showed me around. The bad part is they called me over twice instead of combining them in a single day.

Interview Questions

• Very basic algorithms, project design, Java syntax question.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Demandware in August 2016.

Interview

I had a phone call with a Senior Recruiter which was absolutely horrible. My skill set met most requirements and I was coming from a very reputable company. The recruiter treated me as if I was bothering her, she was rude and made it clear I was wasting her time. She didn't ask me anything about my experience just told me all the reasons why she would not hire me. I left the call very confused, why would she set up an interview with me to tell me why she wanted nothing to do with me. I have worked with recruiters in the past and I have never had such a poor unprofessional experience. She gives recruiters everywhere and now this company a bad name.

Interview Questions

• I don't even know what you want to do.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Demandware (Burlington, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

This was just the initial phone screen. I know several Demandware employees and I submitted the resume through one of them. The phone interview was arranged over email. I was told that the process typically takes 2 to 3 weeks and was the typical round of interviews. The initial interview was with the internal recruiter and was a back and forth where he described the company and I went over details of my recent experience. It seemed to go fine and that my background was a very good fit for the job requirements. I reached out to them after hearing nothing for about a week asking for status and have since had more responsive communications.

Interview Questions

• I'm guessing that the key issue was that they asked for my current salary. I'm aware via a recruiter that I work with that my salary is not at all out of bounds for the senior person that I am.

The recruiter seemed reasonably knowledgeable in the technology areas for the position, but there were no detailed technical questions.   1 Answer

Co-op IT Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Demandware (Burlington, MA).

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with the recruiting manager explaining me the position and job description. A few questions about my projects and previous work experience.
    Recruiter called me about an hour later for an onsite interview.

I had two technical rounds one with the recruiting manager and one with Software dev lead and a round with recruiter.

Junior Linux Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Demandware (Burlington, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume in to the recruiter, who was someone that I had worked with before, and was a contact on LinkedIn. He forwarded my resume to a group manager, who then set up a phone interview with me. We spoke for approximately 30 minutes, and I then heard back from the recruiter to arrange for a in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions, mostly focused on scripting languages (Perl and shell), with some command line questions.   1 Answer

Junior Linux Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demandware (Burlington, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a straight forward half day event in their Burlington HQ building, with one on one interviews with 5 people (although I was scheduled to met with six). The HR guy was extremely well informed of the role, it's duties, and requirements. It's a 3 day on, 3 day off, 12 hour shift (7 to 7) with six weeks day, six weeks night rotation.

Started off with a conversation with a guy who worked his way up through the ranks, and had previously held this role. Discussed the technology stack.

Second conversation was with the principle platform engineer and we discussed their hardware. Their racks are deployed as self contained systems. We got into system failures and a little bit of trouble shooting, and how long it would take for a customer to return from a complete failure.

Third conversation was with technical platform engineer and we discussed about patching the application, base OS patches, what roles are performed during the night shift.

Next conversation was about training and documentation. Very big pluses here- they will train you and train you well.

Final conversation was with the manager and really was a coda to everyone's questions / answers.

Found out an hour after the interview that I would not be considered for the role.

Interview Questions

• How would you trouble shoot a system that does not have network connectivity?
      (Assume Desktop PC, Linux)   1 Answer
    • Last question from the day: If money was not an object, what car would you buy?   1 Answer

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demandware (Cambridge, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for a 3 hour interview, but it ended up being a 5 hour interview. The team that interviewed me are all smart individuals. The interview and the process of working with the recruiter was a great experience. Overall I'm giving this a neutral experience because of the confusion on the way it turned out. I was not provided with a job offer and the stated reasons for that did not align with the interview experience and my knowledge of various processes at question.

I received nothing but positive feedback from the team while interviewing.
    I even answered an architectural question in a way where I was told, "You just drew out our current production infrastructure." to which then I improved upon and the team member said, "That's exactly what we are missing and need." (They do also have an interesting scaling issue with Redis that I do have a solution for, but did not suggest the solution.)

I think there may have been some miscommunication between the team and the recruiter because the recruiter told me they are passing on me due to my inexperience with AWS and Python, which I find strange, because
    a) I was never asked any Python specific questions.
    b) I work with AWS professionally and personally every day. I also answered all the architectural questions using AWS solutions along with recommendations on where I would not use AWS solutions.

Overall the interview itself was a great experience filled with enjoyable and challenging algorithm and architecture questions. During the interview process I was told I did answer all the programming questions correctly. Their reasoning for not making me an offer doesn't
    I left this experience feeling I gave the team architectural advice and solutions to their existing problems for free.

Interview Questions

• Database writes are slow due to disk IO. What do you do?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demandware (Burlington, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Not too difficult. Mostly behavior type questions. Very laid back environment. The recruiter was very helpful and easy to get in touch with. Overall, the process was fairly easy and would do it again