Dematic Interview Questions in Grand Rapids, MI | Glassdoor

Dematic Interview Questions in Grand Rapids, MI

2.9

Business Intelligence Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

- I have not yet been reimbursed for travel as promised, which means I am unlikely to be applying for another job with Dematic.

1. Three weeks after submitting an application I had a general, easy phone interview. I was asked about what I was looking for and if I thought I could do the job.

2. An easy phone interview two weeks later. I was given a fairly clear picture of the requirement and was asked to share relevant project experiences.

3. One month later, an in person interview started well but I kept being asked the same questions over and over.

I thought the interview went well. Two weeks later I was told the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you failed and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Do you know what 'ready for deployment'* is? (They used an acronym I was unfamiliar with, can't remember if it was RSOI or RFD or something else, but it was not one from ITIL or BABOK or PMBOK)   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation you convinced someone to use a better BI tool than Excel   Answer Question
    • Are you confident you can read/write MySQL queries?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Because I had already worked for this company about 10 years ago, the interview process was not the usual "let me tell you about my experience", since I had already more than 15 years of experience in the area of expertise and as manager of various engineering departments of this company in the past.

Interview Questions

• Willingness to travel, due to assignment requiring 50% of time in Europe.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

chat not real interview. Manager was not real interested in hiring anyone that kissed team. too many offshore people.This interview was not professional at all!. It was more like a show

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Thorough, yet expedient. I was asked a few technical questions, but they were able to ascertain my skill-set fairly quickly after I gave fairly elaborate answers to their questions and explained how I advocate for certain approaches to problems.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, because I thought the offer was fair.

Accounting Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call for and interview and went in to meet directly with the manager of the dept. He asked me a lot of questions about my resume and very few situational questions. He explained the company and the position and it was very conversational based got a follow up email after the interview asking for references and GPA (I was a recent college grad) after about a week they emailed back stating the position was filled

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen with some of the senior members of the team. During the phone screen the questions were mostly focused on personality, goals, and light technical questions. The second interview was on-site and included about 7 members of the team. The team was excellent. They seemed to mesh very well and you could tell they were a great work family. Each person on the team had a copy of my resume and asked questions. There was a simple whiteboard problem and a few definitions, but most of the interview was based on my experience, motives, and ability to fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

• There were no terribly difficult questions, but remember to brush up on the basic definitions of the languages on your resume.   Answer Question

I had other offers to compare with Dematic and one of the other offers was better for our family. Absolutely nothing Dematic could have done. Dematic's offer was very competitive and there was no negotiating necessary to be offered what I believed I was worth.

SaaB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews, 5 interviews on site. Folks are smart, focused. Good interview questions, and transparent about the pros and cons of working for the company. Did a good job of querying on background, describing the position, and asking what actions I'd take.

Interview Questions

• Interested in SaaS implementation, and Cloud Services background.   Answer Question

Senior Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

When I arrived at the company, I had to wait for the first interviewer. After the first interview, the next person was not ready. The organizational structure was unclear even with repeated questions. I only met three people for a senior level of management. The Company has went through many leaders and just recently announced moving operations to Mexico.

Electoral Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

I met with Dematic at the Grand Valley State University career fair in the fall and about two weeks later was put in a phone interview. The phone interview was a conference call with multiple employees asking me questions. The conference call started off with a really bad connection, so I would suggest using a land line phone if possible.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. They asked about my senior design project and several skills I had mentioned in my resume.   Answer Question

Controls Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

Someone from Human Resources contacted me to schedule a phone interview. There were three managers in phone interview asking mostly about my resume and previous work as well as behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your internship experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your experience with ControLogic and Industrial network.   Answer Question