Denny's Restaurant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Denny's Restaurant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Denny's (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

I applied for Denny's through a headhunter. I did not realize I applied to Denny's until the franchise owner called me, told me that he was very impressed with my resume, and wanted to schedule me for an interview with the area director. Later, on the day of the interview, the headhunter called me to give me some advice in preparation for the interview. I met the area director, read my resume, and asked me why I wanted to leave my current job. I stood out from the other applications because my background includes restaurant management where I need to cook, prep, and be very hands-on, instead of acting as an office manager. I was offered the job a week later and subsequently accepted the position a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current place of employment?   Answer Question
  • What are your main responsibilities at your current job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Denny's

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Denny's.

Interview

Five minutes into interview a job offer was made. Pay offer was low, I counter offered and they accepted at and interview 2 days later. I feel I was offered the position because they have a difficult time finding decent people to apply.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Denny's (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with the franchise owner and his son at the store I was already working at as an hourly employee. We sat down and they asked me about my Denny's experience, what positions I was trained for and how I liked being a Denny's employee. We talked about my work experience, they talked about their Denny's experience. They were very friendly and outgoing during the interview, we discussed salary, hours, benefits. It was a very smooth comfortable interview. 2 weeks later I was offered a management position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My salary was the only thing I was able to negotiate, every thing else was set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Denny's (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy and very direct full of information, cover the benefits of the organization and expectations of this one. Also how to get promoted and using the organization for advance in this one. The expectation and execution of the restaurant as a manager, quality, cleanliness, and the brand promotion and execution.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer
    • how to execute your leadership at the restaurant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denny's (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Converstaional and no real questions. They literally look you up and down and like ok start tomorrow. applied online approximately one week before receiving a call to schedule an interview. I got there 10-15 minutes before the initial scheduled time. I was offered something to drink and just asked me simple questions. You must complete two interviews before getting the job

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Denny's.

Interview

A joke. Upper management didn't even show to the scheduled interview and didn't have the professionalism to call me or the GM of the store. I should have known from this what I was getting myself into. Interviews consisted of the GM and I sitting at the counter and him asking the same questions of me he asks of servers..."tell me about a difficult customer you have dealt with." NO questions about leadership, food safety, you know, the important things you'd want in a manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions were easy enough for a high school student to answer. I asked more difficult questions of the servers I interviewed while employed here.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was called to meet the district and regional managers in the same day and was told on the phone they would extend an offer. I recommend passing if you are offered a management position here if you have any ethics or food safety background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Denny's (Burbank, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online. After a couple of days I received an e-mail asking if I would be interested in doing an interview in a few days. Basically a week later I went to the restaurant, sat down with the manager, which was very nice and friendly, talked about my skills. The reason I didn't get the job was because I don't speak Spanish fluently (I do speak some, enough for a conversation, but apparently not enough), so I wouldn't be able to deal with the employees that don't speak English at all (which sucks). Again, the restaurant manager treated me very well, very nice, very polite and even gave me some tips about other locations that were hiring, but i left frustrated because of the language issue.

Interview Questions

• There was not questions and stuff, we were basically talking about my skills and going through my resume. The most important question was: "Do you speak Spanish?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Denny's (Bakersfield, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

To become entry level management, one must first go through a working interview. What that means is you will be sent to a site and be rated on how you perform at work, whether you move fast or slow. Once hired, the company sends you on a comprehensive training program while you work. It is usually a 6 week course. When I went through it, it was two and a half weeks based off my previous training at a similar establishment. After completion of the training, you are off running a store on your own. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work long hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Denny's (Cheyenne, WY) in October 2011.

Interview

I first had a phone interview, then an interview with the General Manager and a third interview with the District Manager which was then followed up by a phone call from the Human Resource department.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the least important job at Denny's?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was made by the District Manager and I felt that it was a fair offer so I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Denny's (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2011.

Interview

30 minutes. 1 interview, then a second. Interview conducted at hiring location. Interviewer presented the cons of the job to verify if I was a good candidate. the interview was conducted in one of their restaurants. The second interview was set up at the local corporate office with an officer of the company.

Interview Questions

• Review work history. Experience, accomplishments. Verify availability, and review the day to day operations and whether or not you would be a good fit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but be realistic. If you are currently working you are more in demand, and have a better chance of making at least a little more than you currently are. Reviewing salaries of similiar positions in the same segment can give you an idea of an acceptable range. Most are looking for candidates who are hired to stay with the company, so there is not always alot of wiggle room with salaries. A good company knows their greatest asset is you and most want it to be a good fit for them and you, while maintaining a budget they can make money on.