Denny's Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Denny's Server Interview Questions

Interviews at Denny's

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Hobbs, NM

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Denny's (Hobbs, NM) in June 2014.

Interview

how will you benefit the company are you willing to learn are you willing to grow with dennys what hours can you will you work can you work holidays

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Denny's

Anonymous Employee in Hazleton, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denny's (Hazleton, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

Easy, quick, friendly. I interviewed at a new opening store so it was one interview, then a group orientation and then intense 3 weeks of training, then crazy hours and an abundance of customers. Very well training team.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for this company?   1 Answer
    • Can you work a flexible schedule?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Denny's (San Jose, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

It was quick and very welcoming managers and staff. Interview was based on skills and elearning computer skills videos and test. Training employee was very helpful and very informative about the tasks that needed to be done for the restaurant.

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denny's (Kissimmee, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a called about 3weeks later about coming into the store dor an interview.
    Walked into restaurant and sat at a table where a manager n an assistant manager asked each 10 questions while looking at my resume.

Server Interview

Interview

it was fast and I had to interview with two general managers. They asked brief questions and were wiling to work with my inexperience. You really have to stay in touch with them throughout the process and make sure you get what you want.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at denny's   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Denny's (Palmdale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

very easy just talk to you about the job
    don't ask much about scenario-us
    walked in for an application and returned with a resume.
    wasn't difficult at all.
    the managers don't care about anything really just themselves

Interview Questions

• what previous jobs I've held   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Denny's (Brownsville, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

At my particular Denny's, they had a split interview with 2 managers. They both offer their own questions to the interview, but the questions aren't hard so don't worry. They're just trying to see how comfortable you are with people, if you know how to upsell, and your work experience.

Interview Questions

• Own Transportation?   1 Answer
    • Shifts most interested in? (6-3, 3-11, 11-6)   1 Answer
    • They gave me a scenario to determine how great you are with talking to people. Pretend to greet a customer, upsell, and help him determine what he will be eating based on his factors.   1 Answer
    • Past workplaces, what you liked, why did you quit/fired.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Denny's in February 2014.

Interview

Very basic interview questions asked by just the GM no one else at the interview. Nice and quick process. Offered job on spot and started training the same week. Trained for a few days then was on the floor the next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Denny's (Chester, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

EXTREMELY BRIEF. I was actually rather upset that I drove 20 minutes to sit down with the manager for all of 30 seconds. I was only asked my first and last name and availability (which was all listed on the application) then the interview was concluded.

Anonymous Employee in Neptune Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Denny's (Neptune Beach, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Casual interview. Manager talked about themselves and asked me a few questions. I got the interview because I kept coming in to see if they were hiring. I think the manager was tired of seeing me. I was hired on the spot during the interview. I starting training 3 days later.