Dental Network of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dental Network of America

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belleville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dental Network of America (Belleville, IL).

Interview

When I had my interview, I interviewed with two supervisors that ask you questions about yourself, your future, your knowledge. The interview process takes approximately one hour. I also had to do a mock call during the interview process. After the mock call I did the ten key testing, typing testing, and computer knowledge testing.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years.   1 Answer

Manager, Provider Data Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dental Network of America in December 2010.

Interview

There were intended to be two interviews, a phone and in-person with a director and another manager. However, the in-person was split because the other manager was unavailable.
    The initial phone interview was with the Director and was official and direct. I reviewed my background and work history and the Director told me about the position in more detail. The position entailed managing a group of 7 people overseeing data in an industry (dental insurance) that is technologically behind the times. Among subjects discussed were the processes that this department handled (info on dentists, practices, and sub-insurers) the capabilities of the workers (mixed) the reporting structure (7 to me, me to director who was in other office) and the future challenges of the department (transition to a more automated process.) I asked a lot of questions about the people, the process, the data, and the technical expertise. The Director also laid out the problem areas of the department -namely that their data is more inaccurate than they would like - and I responded with generalized ways I would address the issues. The result was an in-person interview.
      The in-person interview was over lunch, and while it was supposed to be more technical, the technical manager was unable to attend. Therefore, I reiterated the general responses to the challenges of the department, and went into more detail about why i was interested in the position. It was also a chance for me and the Director to size each other up and we liked each other fairly well. A second phone interview was scheduled with the technical team where I went over the way I would address the messy data issues. However, since this was over the phone rather than with a computer in front of us, the back and forth was somewhat awkward and my solutions weren't as precise as I would have liked.
    If you go through this process, try to get as much clarity about the issues facing the department. Get as much detail as you can, preferably using examples. Then have solutions prepared in advance. Also, try to sound excited about dental insurance.
    The company seemed very solid but unimpressive. It seemed like a great place for work-life balance and nice enough people worked there. Great place for someone raising a family. Not a great place for super-interesting work.

Interview Questions

• Given the issues with our data - items don't match across multiple databases - how would you reconcile the information?   Answer Question
    • Name one time you had to fire someone and how you did it.   Answer Question

Account Receivables Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dental Network of America in March 2010.

Interview

The company is a small non-for-profit group located in the suburbs of Chicago. There were 2 one-on-one interviews. The first was with the supervisor, then it was with the head of the department. The interview was very low-key and at a relaxed pace which I think describes the atmosphere of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an instance where you made a negative situation into a positive one.   Answer Question