Denton House Design Studio Project Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Denton House Design Studio (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from the controller the next day for a quick interview. He quickly went through everything and asked if I had any questions. I was only able to ask 1 question and then he cut me off and asked me to come in for an in person interview the next day.

I showed up and the HR person was out sick so the controller interviewed me himself. I could tell he was extremely impatient, kept looking at his watch, and perspiring. I didn't get the feeling he was super confident and again I was only able to ask two questions before he cut me off and had me interview with the VP.

The VP was very polite and I could tell he cared about the company and the people under him. I had a really great experience interviewing with him. The next interview was with the team members and they took turns asking me questions about my experience, work preferences, and personal interests. I was given a tour of the office which was a really neat, it is like a really nice looking house turned into open work space.

I was late into the process interviewing with other companies so I asked if I could get feedback from the VP shortly but I never heard back from him so I withdrew as soon as I got an offer.

Overall I had a good time learning about the company and interviewing with the VP and the team members. I give this a positive experience, although interviewing with the controller and how impatient he was and the lack of feedback made it a negative event as well.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with spreadsheets?
    What would you do if a customer doesn't pay?
    Have you ever helped implement ERPs?
    What is your experience with project based accounting?   Answer Question

Denton House Design Studio Response

Nov 30, 2016 – Human Resources

We are pleased that you had an overall positive experience during our interview process, and that you enjoyed the tour of our unique office space. We appreciate your feedback on the pacing of our... More