Denver Mattress Sales Associate/Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Sales Associate/Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Mattress (Denver, CO) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview process for Denver Mattress is straightforward. I had a friend who worked for the company, so they set me up with the interview. I don't know how easy it is to get an interview through careerbuilder.com or by turning in an application.

The first interview consists of the typical overview of past employment, skills and personality traits. It is a fairly long and extensive process. Each interview I did with them lasted approximately 1-1/2 hours. Many of the questions get personal....this is more of a behavioral interview. They also ask a variety of questions about the people you associate with, your early education, your childhood. It makes for an easy interview as long as you are a talker like me. Otherwise, I think it gets a little too personal. A word of warning for anyone who wants to work for Denver mattress, they only hire people that are willing to train for less than a year and move-up as an assistant manager in another city or state. Therefore, they want people who are able to move away from home within 6-8 months! The lesson in all of this? Lie. You can make some good money through this company, everyone is very nice, the benefits are decent. These mattresses basically sell themselves and almost everyone I talked to within the company LOVES their job. However, you have to be prepared to make some personal sacrifices that I was unwilling to make.

Interview Questions

• Describe the types of people that you would most like to associate with and what kind of people do you avoid?   1 Answer