Denver Mattress Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Denver Mattress Interview Questions

Interviews at Denver Mattress

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Mattress in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online on their website. The interview consists of 3 total interviews The first interview is with the assistant manager (45 minutes), the second interview is with the manager (1 hour) and finally the last interview is with the district manager (1.5 hours). The interviews are held in the back of the store in their office. The first two interviews are trying to find out if you can sell and all of the interviews are making sure you are a good fit for their company culture which is based on integrity and strong work ethic. The final interview entailed "get to know you" questions. These consisted of questions regarding your resume, schools attended, childhood, family, friends and any criminal background. They were all very friendly and it was more of a conversation rather than just asking questions one right to the next. It was quite refreshing. My suggestion is to research the company and ask as many questions as you can.

Interview Questions

• State a negative and positive about your previous employers.   1 Answer
    • How would you manage people?   1 Answer
    • What would your references say about you?   1 Answer
    • What are you looking for a career?   1 Answer
    • What will be most challenging to you in this role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is 100% commission.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Denver Mattress (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Store manager was not bad. When interviewed with the regional he needs to focus more on how you would benefit the company not on what you did as a kid. I am 60 and have had a real life not just out of high school and have held high clearance jobs. In fact I told my son that works for the FBI he laughed and said he would bet this man does not have a class even psychology! This is not a life and death job nor is it a high security cleaarnce job. My son also told me in he been some tough interviews unless you have a trained person in psychology interviewing they are not in the legal right to ask some of the question tthey ask! This is a mattress company that is it! Not an airline or doctor or law Enforcement not even close . If you want a background check then that is easy get one or stay out of peoples personal life's that has nothing to do with selling! I would say get a life yourself and be more concerned with sales! Yes I am going to the labor board with this . I am little older and know better only because I have worked companies that have high security clearances !

Interview Questions

• All about your family nothing about what what you can briing to the company.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Denver Mattress (Kennewick, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

The first interview (it's been a week since) was really laid back. The interviewer just wants to get to know your personality and traits, nothing really pressing or intimidating about it.

Interview Questions

• What was the last movie you watched?   1 Answer
    • When is it okay to tell a little white lie?   1 Answer

Denver Mattress Response

Nov 18, 2016 – Regional Sales Director - West Region

Thank you for your review and good luck in your career search.

Retail Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Denver Mattress.

Interview

I went through all three level of interviews, playing along with questions about my childhood and what it was like in my family on Christmas morning. It seemed like they were holding it against me that I had a great family life and kept pushing to find something that I had done wrong or some way that my family was dysfunctional. None of this seemed relevant to selling mattresses... When I got to the third interview, the manager offered me the job on the spot. I said I needed to go home and talk to my significant other and was never called back, as promised.

Interview Questions

• They probed and threatened me regarding drug use at each of the three interviews. I told them multiple times I'd never used drugs and they seemed to not believe me. They warned me over and over that I would be fired if I was lying. They talked about intensive drug tests they would do that could go back 7-10 years and I said that was fine, like I had already said, I've never done drugs.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Denver Mattress.

Interview

Not the typical interview questions. They pretty much ask you to talk about yourself for about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Definitely was not expected to be questioned if I was aware of the "hair follicle drug test". They try to scare you saying that the test can go back 5-7 years. Which is not true and even if it was most people that are working there were teenagers 5-7 years ago and were at different places in there lives. Nevertheless, I was never drug tested. They just want you to be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is nothing negotiable. Its a commission based job with no vacation days until you work with the company for a year.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Denver Mattress (Lafayette, IN) in February 2013.

Interview

you have 3 interviews before you are hired, first with assistant manager, then the manager and then they fly in the district manager. This process can take weeks or months depending on how quickly they can get the district manager there. They will never hire you without seeing him/her first.

Interview Questions

• they just want to know all about your relationships in life and how you have preformed in life. They want to see that you are trustworthy and have a strong background to want to succeed. They want to see if you have made mistakes that you have over come them and learned from them and haven't repeated them. They want to see a determined and hard working person that will achieve goals they set and make them the most money possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is no negotiating at all it is what it is up front. commsion with no base pay

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Denver Mattress (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2015.

Interview

I declined the job offer when it required wearing a suit and tie to work every day. I was hoping that the dress attire would involve company polo shirts (with the Denver Mattress logo on the left chest), but not a jacket & tie.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this comany?   1 Answer

Denver Mattress Response

Nov 16, 2015 – Regional Sales Director - West Region

We appreciate your review and would like to clear up that a suit is not required for the position. We do require a tie as we like to present a professional appearance to our staff and customers and... More

Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Denver Mattress (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

The company requires a three step I interview process. You interview with the store manager and the assistant manager, then if they approve, you are scheduled for an audit with the regional manager. These interviews are all pretty invasive and they do ask some pretty personal questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you stillnin contact wih your parents? What was it like growing up with your parents? Tell me about them. What was school like for you?   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Denver Mattress (Toledo, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

Not as typical as most interviews. There was no office, just sat at a couple of chairs at the front of the store for both of the interviews I went to. Have to be willing to work on commisson, which I really don't care for but you only get a chance at every few customers as they work on a rotation. Benefits don't kick in for about 6 months, which is not common. If you want to continue to move up in the company, you need to be willing to move. I have had the chance to get to the third and final interview, but I do not think that I will take that chance because the job does not fit my interest and what I need, but to others it may.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Denver Mattress in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with Manager
    interview with Assistant still to come.Tell me about yourself was their big question. 3 step process. If they like you final interview is Regional manager. They recommend who they like to hire.