Denver Mattress Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Denver Mattress Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Denver Mattress

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Denver Mattress (Toledo, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

Not as typical as most interviews. There was no office, just sat at a couple of chairs at the front of the store for both of the interviews I went to. Have to be willing to work on commisson, which I really don't care for but you only get a chance at every few customers as they work on a rotation. Benefits don't kick in for about 6 months, which is not common. If you want to continue to move up in the company, you need to be willing to move. I have had the chance to get to the third and final interview, but I do not think that I will take that chance because the job does not fit my interest and what I need, but to others it may.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Denver Mattress

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Denver Mattress in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with Manager
    interview with Assistant still to come.Tell me about yourself was their big question. 3 step process. If they like you final interview is Regional manager. They recommend who they like to hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Denver Mattress (Denver, CO) in October 2018.

Interview

Extremely personal interview process that is designed to see if you fit with the company culture. They do not want to hire artsy individuals who bring diverse ideals. The whole process is designed to maintain the owners vision of a subordinate culture who’s employees have little to no innovative passions. They look to monitor and only hire traditional persons who adhere to the owners vision of an ideal worker. If you were raised on a farm, in the military, or have a traditional background they are much more likely to hire you. In my case, I’m from a small southern town with a business admin degree. The small town culture they thought I would poses got me in the door, but when they learned I had professional acting experience and reject most close minded views I was garenteed to fail in their hiring process. Don’t even think about being honest about the joint you smoked a few years ago. If you really want the job, be that person I described here, or fake it till you make it. DON’T BE COMFORTABLE AND HONEST. Act like your ready to follow any order even if it means humiliation. Be the trusty subordinate who will do anything to impress his direct report.

Interview Questions

• How often do you drink alcohol?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your parents.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What military experience do you have (even if you have already told them you have none). They are testing to see if you are favorable to military actions. This question is extremely important because they favor military experience more than a college degree.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Denver Mattress?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in the back of a police car?   Answer Question

Denver Mattress Response

Oct 31, 2018 – National Sales Manager

Thank you for your review and appreciate your feedback. I disagree with much of what you have to say as we have hired many people from the performing arts fields and greatly appreciate many... More