Denver Mattress Sales and Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Denver Mattress Sales and Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Denver Mattress

1.5

Sales and Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Denver Mattress.

Interview

Not the typical interview questions. They pretty much ask you to talk about yourself for about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Definitely was not expected to be questioned if I was aware of the "hair follicle drug test". They try to scare you saying that the test can go back 5-7 years. Which is not true and even if it was most people that are working there were teenagers 5-7 years ago and were at different places in there lives. Nevertheless, I was never drug tested. They just want you to be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is nothing negotiable. Its a commission based job with no vacation days until you work with the company for a year.

Other Interview Reviews for Denver Mattress

Sales and Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Denver Mattress in January 2011.

Interview

I answered an ad for a career fair, where I met with a manager for Denver Mattress. He asked me a little about myself, asked why I wanted to work there, told me a little about the company's culture. I did my research on the company and had many questions for him. Our personalities meshed, so he set me up for another interview with a district manager.

The district manager interview took about an hour and a half. Questions became very personal. They ask a lot about family relationships and other relationships dating back to childhood. They do this to gauge your seriousness in working for a company where you will have to relocate within two years to get promoted. Asks about drug use. Threatens the ability to use a hair follicle test that will detect drugs up to 7 years back. It is best not to lie. You can get hired, and when the full background check comes back, if it turns out you lie, you can be fired on the spot. And they will find you out. It is basically just an interview to see if you have a sociable personality and if you will be a natural salesperson. Some questions:

Name a regret you have?
    Do you have any questions for me? (this is very important, to take an interest in researching the company, and give the interviewer a chance to tell you a little about the company). The obvious things to inquire about for this company would be the Doctors Choice brand, Furniture Row Weekend stores, Furniture Row Racing, Regan Smith, Tim Tebow endorsement. Most of the managers I dealt with all had interests in some of these things. Or anything to show you have an INTEREST in the company that is looking to invest in you.

Interview Questions

• What is your history of drug use?   1 Answer
    • How is your relationship with your mother? Father? Siblings? Did you play sports in high school? Did you have a lot of friends? How would your family feel about you relocating?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Straight commission job.