Denver Museum of Nature & Science Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Denver Museum of Nature & Science

Volunteer Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Museum of Nature & Science (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

Initially I received a screening call from the department head. Then I had an interview with her and the Office Manager through Skype (because I was in vacation in New Orleans - it was so nice of them to Skype me!) The final interview was a group interview with 7 great people. The same day I got a call with an offer.

The process takes time because this is a very busy time for the museum and let me tell you - these people are busy and working hard! Wonderful experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you didn't get along with a supervisor.   Answer Question

Space Oddest Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Denver Museum of Nature & Science (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

Very informative and relaxed. Also described the position responsibilities well and what was expected of the position. Described the culture behind the team at Space oddest as well as encouraged me to express my own personality. Very communicatively open and professional experience.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you giving presentations to large groups?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Museum of Nature & Science (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

Mostly asked about serving experience and schedule availability.I also was required to take a drug test before this interview took place. Catering serving experience is a plus, but they were open to training as well. Business casual presentation was expected so I dressed fairly well. The interview process was fairly short. If you are a personable person with good work ethic, you should have no problem!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Denver Museum of Nature & Science (Denver, CO).

Interview

The funnest interview I've ever had! I think there was an initial phone interview to assess if I was interested in the job for what they were paying followed by a group interview with 3 employees: my future supervisor and two people whose jobs were similar to the one I was applying for in various aspects. In addition to the usual set of questions there were two practical portions of the interview. First I was presented with a set of expense reports and asked how I would organize them into a spreadsheet for grant tracking purposes. Then one of the interviewers left the room and called in on the phone so I could pretend she was a teacher calling to make a school program reservation and they could assess my customer service skills. At the very end, because the position was bilingual preferred, they briefly introduced me to one of the Spanish-speaking educators on staff so we could chat a few minutes and she could assess my level of fluency.

Interview Questions

• Hmm...I don't recall any ringers. Questions seemed to be pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely negotiate starting salary as annual merit increases are not large. Anticipate 2-4 weeks after the offer before you are actually working as the background check and drug test take considerable time and you can only start on the 1st or 16th of the month.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denver Museum of Nature & Science.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back only one interview. They mainly just wanted to know if my personality fit with the rest of the kitchen staff