Department for Work And Pensions Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

3.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The entire process from start to finish was extremely unprofessional and from a government agency I expected far more. You start by applying through the Civil Service website, at the end of your application form you have to complete three tests: judgement, maths, and verbal. Note that these tests are extremely buggy, I had significant issues completing the tests as there was so many errors in its software. Dont waste your time in filing a complaint because despite claiming they will resolve the issue in 5 days, 3 weeks later and they still are baffling to what's the issue. Next, the interview itself was dreadful. After speaking with one of the interviewers on the phone she confirmed what ID I needed to bring, however once I got to my interview they decided suddenly they needed more ID, despite having brought all of the ID they had asked for. They were gracious (and I use this term loosely) to let me have my interview first before having to go home to get more ID, however the interview was very rushed. The interviewers themselves did not seem interested and we're extremely rude and abrupt, making it very obvious throughout the interview whether they liked you or not and whether you actually stood a chance at getting the job. This, in addition to overhearing one of the staff stating her daughter was interviewing for that same job the same day, was evidence enough that the entire interview was for just for show. Sure enough I was not offered the position and the interview feedback was inaccurate and has little thought put into it, as it was clear from the very vague and incorrect comments made.

Interview Questions

• Follow the competency questions they give you as they will ask during the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Competency Based interview. The people interviewing were were warm and welcoming and made me comfortable - asking if my chair was comfortable.
    They answered all the questions I had in the end
    Only thing disappointing they spoke over me would not let me complete what I was talking.. would definitely except more from a civil officer.
    I somehow felt they did not have interviewing skills.

Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Entry: Two interviews, each taking turns to ask questions whilst the other takes notes. I noticed whilst some interviewers looked more friendly and easy going others appeared more austere.

Interview: I was asked a question on each competency: Leading and communicating, Making an effective decision, Building capability and Providing a quality service. The questions were straightforward but I I felt they expected a high level answer to each competency. They did prompt me at times If they felt I hadn't answered the question well enough.

They allowed me to use my notes which I had in a folder and organised in a way so that I could refer to them when answering the questions. I also showed them evidence of skills etc although they seemed dismissive and indifferent to the documentation I provided them. This could be because the interview is solely based on my answers tot he question.

They asked my about my digital skills which was an underlining theme of the interview. They wanted to get an insight into why I thought digital services were beneficial and what I would do for customers who struggle to use them. I used different case examples even after providing them with my main case example. It really depends what follow up questions they ask. Sometimes I had to give different examples (as mentioned above).

They interview took about 1 hour. 15 minutes for each question approx. I put no offer because I'm still awaiting the results.

Eo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview included four competency questions of which are listed in the competency framework PDF provided on the job description page . The interviewers were friendly and very engaging, one of the interviewers asked question while the other wrote this interview lasted 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went out your way for a customer?   Answer Question

Executive Officer DWP Operations – Work Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two very different senior members of staff. It was a very warm situation and i was made to feel at ease. I would 100% advise having your interview notes at on the table in front of you even if you don't need them. (I received praise for having my notes in my feedback) First question was along the lines of tell us about yourself be open and honest.

Interview Questions

• Refer to the competencies and ESSENTIAL CRITERIA and you can surely draw up questions in your head from that.
      4 Main questions asked in relations to competencies but also they probe with more questions to get a wholesome answer.
      Theres no right or wrong answer, so just speak your truth as the interviewers want you to do well.

One of the question that I recall was 'tell us about a difficult situation you experienced and what are the ways you went about handling it'.   1 Answer

Eo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy interview, panel were very friendly. asked competency based questions about how i met them for effective performance in the job. the process didnt take that long compared to other government departments. definately worth appliyng. i am still waiting for the interview resulsts. however overall experince was positive. Application process was easy, just online questions and then a civil service online test to test your general knowledge of english and maths i would say.

Personal Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied for the role online and was contacted by Manpower recruitment agency and invited to attend the interview which was conducted by a job centre manager and a recruitment consultant. We went through competencies relating to my previous employment.

Interview Questions

• A set of competency questions that I had written up the answers too and bought with me into the interview. They were taken from the competencies that was emailed to me after I passed the case study and online test. These had to be prepared before I attended the interview.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied Online, asked scenario questions to prove suitability for job.One week later I was invited for interview, I was interviewed by three people which included a HR person who had no clue about the technical answers I proved. She sounded very arrogant and unpleasant

Interview Questions

• what BA techniques would you use in different scenarios   Answer Question

Junior Social Researcher (Summer Placement) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Competency Based Interview and a Presentation on a research topic you have carried out. The interview is fairly relaxed, with two interviewees, although most questions come from a lead interviewer. The presentation consists of about 10 minutes presenting time, followed by questions. You can present on whatever you like, so long as it is relevant to the brief given to you a few weeks before the interview. As this is a summer placement, it is intended for current university students. One problem was that the initial interviews were carried out during the Oxbridge exam period (when most other universities have finished), which made it difficult attending or rearranging the interview if you were a student at Oxford or Cambridge.

Interview Questions

• Civil Service competency based interview questions - see online for civil service competencies. It is best to prepare answers to various competencies before the interview. Make sure you know which competencies you are likely to be tested on.   Answer Question

Claimant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Routine, some questions are challenging but fairly standard. I knew a number of friends who have been interviewed here. With some basic preparation, its a fairly painless process.

Interview Questions

• Where else have you worked recently   1 Answer