Department for Work And Pensions Personal Adviser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Department for Work And Pensions Personal Adviser Interview Questions

Personal Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied for the role online and was contacted by Manpower recruitment agency and invited to attend the interview which was conducted by a job centre manager and a recruitment consultant. We went through competencies relating to my previous employment.

Interview Questions

• A set of competency questions that I had written up the answers too and bought with me into the interview. They were taken from the competencies that was emailed to me after I passed the case study and online test. These had to be prepared before I attended the interview.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Department for Work And Pensions

Personal Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

Competency based online application. Quite difficult in the sense that this is very time consuming and word count is limited so fully read the civil service competencies before completing your application. The job role will tell you the competencies they are looking for i.e. delivering at pace, leading and communication etc. After competency based online application I was invited to a skills test where I completed numeracy and verbal reasoning tests. After this I recieved a face to face interview in front of two member of staff and had to list my 3 choices of local offices that I was able to work in. I was not guaranteed to get the closest office to my home address - travelling was an expectation but reasonable as sufficient public transport if you dont drive.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time that you went the extra mile for your customer?
      What do you think your weaknesses are?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
      Answer Question

Personal Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions (Liverpool, England (UK)) in April 2008.

Interview

Multiple choice assessment questionnaire, literacy and numeracy tests followed by interview, lots of forms to be filled regarding health, CRB check, employment history etc.

Interview Questions

• Very detailed job specification was available prior to interview, which allowed for good preparation, quite a formulaic interview   Answer Question