Department of Energy & Climate Change Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Department of Energy & Climate Change Interview Questions in London, England

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Diversity and Inclusion Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Department of Energy & Climate Change (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Organised, panel interview, consisting of 3 members. Extremely fair, competence based, friendly and on time. I didn't get the job, but I cannot fault the process. Feedback was given when it said it would be. Its a pity the department is being axed as the rest of the public sector could learn a lot from them. The only downside is that they asked people to prepare a presentation, but didn't make it clear that no laptop was available to use.

Interview Questions

• Competence based and situational questions, with some background reading and materials to absorb and comment on. A presentation on the material to be given.   Answer Question

Policy Delivery Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Department of Energy & Climate Change (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Standard Civil Service competency based questions to a panel and a mini presentation on the day on a topic of your choice relevant to the role, related to the DECC story. Tested your ability on the spot.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Deputy Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Department of Energy & Climate Change (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Focussed on civil service competency framework which can be accessed by googling it online. They were also specified in the job advert. There were three people on the panel. The line manager, another director in a related area and a senior human resources representive. The line manager was the decision maker. The others simply advising.

Policy Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Department of Energy & Climate Change (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

online application form (competency based); followed by competency based interview and then got a phone call saying I was successful. Interview panel is three people and competency based questions with some questions for clarification or to expand on what was said. Applied through the Civil Service Jobs website where all CS jobs are advertised. Had to describe current and last five years of jobs (but you can add more). there are word limits to the questions (usually 200-250) so it's worth writing them in Word, for example, then you can copy and paste to the application form.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you had to influence someone, how did you go about it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was only able to negotiate over the notice period - salary, annual leave is set centrally.

Assistant Economist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Department of Energy & Climate Change (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I underwent an hour long interview, part focused on micro followed by macro economics and then on general civil service competencies. The micro portion was fairly standard and quite predictable when considering the policy area. The macro element was more unpredictable, but a reasonable question to answer. The competency portion of the interview took the most time. 4 competency areas were covered, which were highlighted on the application form and I was allowed to use the competencies from the application I submitted.

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Department of Energy & Climate Change (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Competency based interview. The process is all very transparent and set out on the government operational research service website. You provide your experiences that best show the competencies required for the position and are asked about them in the interview. Some technical questions may be given depending on the role to demonstrate your understanding and ability to communicate technical information.