Department of Health UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Department of Health UK Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2017

3.6

Research Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Department of Health UK (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Each answer is required in the STAR format, just as you write them in the application process. All questions are competency based, except for one "What two things would you like us to remember about you after today"?

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate a time where you've had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Personal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Department of Health UK.

Interview

I had 30 minutes to prepare for a short presentation on the key competencies. This was followed by questions about the competencies and strength based questions. Panel were very friendly and welcoming.

EO Roles Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Department of Health UK.

Interview

Started with a brief application form in which I had 250 words to explain why I wanted to apply for the DH. Then online application asked for examples of when I had demonstrated a range of competencies (collaborating and partnering, seeing the big picture, delivering at pace, and making effective decisions).

After this stage was the online assessments, including a verbal test, numerical test, and a situational judgement test.

The interview was based around the four competencies. Had half an hour to provide a response to a question based on the seeing the big picture competency. Then questions were based around the remaining three competencies with a few follow up questions. Then were some strength based questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you've had to analyse a range of information to make an effective decision? (Making effective decisions competency)   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Department of Health UK (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was formal, and strictly competency based. The interview included a written test, a role-play with the Private Secretary, and a panel interview with 3 people, including someone external to the Department of Health. They are only interested in how your experience fits their competency framework, not what you can individually bring as a professional.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I fitted into the set competency framework provided, with specific examples for each to fit the 4 models.   Answer Question

Operational Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Department of Health UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

There were 3 interviewers on the panel; one asked competency based questions, one asked analytical scenario questions and the other technical statistics and operational research type questions. The atmosphere was quite relaxed .

Interview Questions

• How many pregnant women do you think there in the UK right now?   1 Answer

Deputy Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taichung (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Department of Health UK (Taichung (Taiwan)) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview was hold in Bureau of Health Promotion conference rooms. First of all, there is a small scale of knowledge exam. All of the questions are free response questions. The most numinous one is related to health communication. Second, here comes the interview part, it was hold in a briefing room, and three senior managers are seated in a row. they will ask you a couple of questions about the popular issues about health news.