Department of National Defense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Department of National Defense Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2017

Range Safety Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Department of National Defense (Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

it was a selection process in which years of skill were put into account and what previous camps you did which taught you the skill. i was then just asked to sit down and sign that i accepted the offer for employment.

Interview Questions

Interview

There was written test followed by interview. The competition was limited to internal personnel only so no external personnel were allowed to apply. The written competition was very much field related .. nothing to terribly difficult. There were generic questions on instrumentation such as RTD types and charcteristics, questions on Data logging and loop testing.

Interview Questions

• What jobs have you worked on in the past that you did not achieve a successful result?   1 Answer

CR4 Qualified Pool Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Department of National Defense (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Application submission, phone interview, written exam, language evaluation, in-person interview, pool qualification, informal interviews

Interview Questions

• Questions within the application process were of normal difficulty. The hardest part is to have your resume match the job description so that it passes pre-selection. Automated systems check resumes and if the content doesn't match enough, your application gets rejected even before someone looks at it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Public Service... no negotiating

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Department of National Defense (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

There are two interviews. One takes places with a general recruiter and then another with a more senior person who will determine your suitability. The second one asks more detailed questions and you should do your best to prepare for it in advance by reviewing common questions. You should also dress professionally and ensure that you are not late for the interview and are not rushed to exit.

Safety Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Department of National Defense (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

Pre screening with online application and vetting with resume through HR department, then testing prior to final interview. If meet minimum requirements then move on to the interview process. Some provide pre-interview questions, others give you an allotted amount of time to prep just before, meeting the panel of 1-3 members. You must clearly state how you meet each point on the job poster to be considered a candidate and move to the testing stage.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a conflict. What was the situation and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Department of National Defense (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

Very structured and regimented, designed for 18-19 year old recruits

Better offer elsewhere

Artillery Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Department of National Defense in September 2011.

Interview

attending information sessions, choice of military trade, one on one interview with an recruiting officer, panel interview, interview with commanding officer of the regiment, physical and medical test, aptitude test and background check.

Interview Questions

• why choosing to be an officer rather than a member?   1 Answer

Logistics Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Department of National Defense (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in June 2010.

Interview

Application form, aptitude test a series of interviews wiith Military Career Counsellors and a medical along with a background check is required. The medical can be quite lengthy and may include repeat visits with family Doctors recommendations.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you deal with stressful situations. Provide an example of a stressful situation that you have faced along with the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are set salaries for ranks upon entry, there is no opportunity for negotiation.

Industrial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Department of National Defense in August 2009.

Interview

One phone interview, then a face-to-face with a group of individuals and 2 weeks later an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give specific situation task acion and results of production system problems at your last employment.   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Not enough money for the city the offer was for.

Policy Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Department of National Defense in July 2008.

Interview

Very rigorous. Behavioral interview.