Design Within Reach Studio Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Design Within Reach Studio Account Executive Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Went to the store directly and gave someone my resume. Followed up and came in for an in person interview within a week. Met with two individuals, mainly general career/why you want to work here/can you sell questions. Completed a digital sales ability questionnaire that you had to pass.

Finally there was a group interview with the studio team members I'd be working alongside.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most satisfying moments you've experienced in your career or education?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Design Within Reach

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Easy going, within two weeks I was working.

Interview Questions

• If I could bd a piece of furniture what would I be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, it's all commission.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (Austin, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

It's typically a two-step process where you interview with the Studio Proprietor and then, if the Proprietor gives the thumbs up, the Area Manager. Be prepared to discuss Design and Mid-Century furniture. Interview will also probe into how you deal under pressure and how you feel about engaging with customers. The key is to never ask, "can I help you find something today?" but instead start a conversation with the customer about the item they are currently looking at.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite Architect?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Base salary is set. There is no negotiation. However, there is opportunity to make quite a bit of money from commissions.

Studio Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Design Within Reach in April 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a contracted recruiter. I was sent an IQ test to complete, which was somewhat difficult. (I passed) I was asked to come in for an interview and a few days latter offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

make an offer and plead your case and you'll probably get what you ask for

Studio Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Design Within Reach in October 2009.

Interview

Design Within Reach came off to be the perfect empoyer at the initial interview. Upon being hired my perception was drastically changed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would consider other candidates to look elsewhere in order to avoid regrets.