Desjardins Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

2.0

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Desjardins (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

They do a simple interview and offer an interview soon. They are focusing on your previous work experience in financial industry and customer service communication skills.
    The position is commission based, and 2 licenses is an asset.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Desjardins (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

They email you a screening questionaire on your IQ, personality and behaviour. They sell you on the idea that the compensation is up to you. Which is 100% accurate. But they don't tell you how cold-calling is the way they expect you to earn it. You need on average to call 100 people to book 4 appointments. 4 appointments for me closes on average 2 sales.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Desjardins (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. The agency called me that they have an Administrative Assistant opportunity at Desjardins Capital Markets. Then the agency asked me a few questions.
    A couple of hours later the agency sent me an email with my start date.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the downtown core   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Desjardins (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter, where an in person interview was scheduled. Fair interview process, however I was originally unaware that it was such a commission-based role! I declined the offer since I am looking for salary, but it seems like a good way to work independently for commission if that's what you're looking for.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable using friends and family as a source of clients?   Answer Question

Trading Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Desjardins (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

A phone call with basic fit questions, why do you want to do this, why are you a good fit, and basic discussion about the markets in general to test how into it you are. Really nice people.

Telephone Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Desjardins (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2009.

Interview

Applied online, recieved a call to come in for an interview. It consisted of a online test on call centre skills, typing a business letter and an interview with team leader and director. Asked 5 behavioural questions about customer service, conflict, dealing with difficult situations. Director and Team Leader were easily distracted and went off topic, interview is more like a friendly conversation

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with change   1 Answer

Negotiation

no scope for negotiation, HR asks for salary expectation range and then a middle point is offered to employee. HR did not care to specify a proper range and was quite dishonest and evasive about quoting a range. Resulted in me quoting a salary that was industry avg but quite low for this company. Hr was not proactive enough to reconize the value of the applicant and adjust salary as required. Heavy bias towards French speakers.