Destination Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Destination Hotels Interview Questions

2.7

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Destination Hotels (Del Mar, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted by the hiring manager about two weeks later. I had a short phone interview with the hiring manager to confirm my qualifications and then was invited in for an interview with the heads of the department. It was a very short interview and I was told that they would contact me within a day or two to let me know whether or not I was selected for the position, but they never called me back or replied to the emails and message I sent to them. Perhaps it's just me, but I feel that if you met with someone for a face-to-face interview, the least you can do is give them the courtesy of a "thanks, but no thanks" phone call to let them know what is happening. It's extremely unprofessional and frustrating to simply ignore prospective employees.

Interview Questions

Guest Services Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Destination Hotels in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online job application. Contacted by hiring manager to schedule interview. Showed up early but had to wait 5 minutes past start time. Asked very vague questions and seemed disinterested.

Director of Property Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Destination Hotels (Bend, OR) in March 2010.

Interview

My initial contact was with a Regional Director to whom I had a previous introduction. He forwarded my information to HR and the direct supervisor of the position applied for, and provided their contact information. Without this introduction, not sure my resume would have made it through their automated screening system!

Following three telephone interviews (HR, Direct Supervisor, & Managing Director) an onsite interview was scheduled. The interview process was effectively coordinated through the property's HR office, including travel, accommodations, meeting schedule, and position & company information. It was a fairly intensive 2 day process, meeting with various department heads, and multiple meetings with the Managing Director. All contacts were professional and did a good job of demonstrating the company culture.

I would have required relocation, they opted for a local candidate.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with competition from other property management companies and vacation rentals by owner?   Answer Question