Destination XL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2016

2.5

Full Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Destination XL (Livonia, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied and heard back from them quickly. I had a brief phone interview, then I met the HR person. During that interview, she brought in the floor manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make a fast decision.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Destination XL (Canton, MA).

Interview

I applied through the company website with an employee referral. I was called in for an interview during my college spring break (mid-March) and was offered the job in April. The interview was made up of the team I would be working with as well as an HR representative. The questions were relatively basic, mostly questions about myself. During the interview they made it seem as though I had gotten the job. Overall positive experience, as everyone I spoke with was very pleasant. I was happy to accept!

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Destination XL (Canton, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very casual, Two women interviewed me one was very interested the other was cold and didn't seem very interested in the interview. It lasted about an hour, there was lots of room to ask questions. The setting wasn't very professional. I barely got to speak with the recruiter I had been in contact with.

Interview Questions

Interview

First step was a very brief phone interview with the store manager at the time. He asked me very brief and easy questions about myself. Second step was a face to face interview with the same person in the store. Similar standard interview questions about myself and why I chose to apply/would be interested in working at Destination XL. Third step was meeting with the regional manager who asked me very similar/if not the same exact questions.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked you why you're working here, what would you say?   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Destination XL.

Interview

One interview after another. 3 in total by 3 different people. Took a total of 2 months to get all the interviews before I was finally offered the position. Just a very long drawn out process. They were only interested in interviewing me (or anyone) when they were finally bored enough to be bothered

Interview Questions

• Just the same old stupid question that every lies about and management are too stupid to realize we're lying. For example...Why do you want to work for this company? What can you bring to this company?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Destination XL (San Bernardino, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Will I had 3 Interview, I keep on getting BS from the Manager, after 1 month I finally got a call and they wanted to move forward and had a offer for me. That my Base Pay will be $7.88 + comm. I was like wow I waited a month to hear this. Not a good company

Interview Questions

• the basic, but this Manager will keep on asking the same question but change it when asking again.   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Destination XL (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online through indeed, heard back a week later. Had two interviews with the assistant store manager and the store manager. I originally applied to wardrobe consultant but was offered key holder. Waited a month for the interview with the DM, had a phone interview the next day with the area manager, and was offered the job 15 minutes after that.

Interview Questions

• What does exceptional customer service mean to you? They gave scenarios of guest losing luggage and you have to find their entire outfits and other necessities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered 8.25 per hour but was able to match what I made at the job I was with when I was hired.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Destination XL in July 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager was very nice but something was off, that's the reason why I declined the job. The interview process was way too long and I had a feeling that I could not meet or exceed their goal.

Interview Questions

I was told that I would have to clean the restrooms. They have no housekeeping. Too cheap. ..

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Destination XL (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Elementary questions. Clearly the rm did not understand the specialty business he sold cell phones prior to being hired by DXLG. His good friend is operations VP and the reason for him being hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to take a pay cut?   2 Answers

General Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Destination XL (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Had to come in at least three different times to meet everyone before I was hired. Working around the hiring manager and my own schedule was also tiresome and unnecessary if the company had any time management skills.