Destination XL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 30, 2018

2.6

Stock Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Massapequa, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Destination XL (Massapequa, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief process where they just get to know you and ask you basic questions. They also test your morals about theft as well as other things like such. The interview is very easy

Wardrobe Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Holly, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Destination XL (Mount Holly, NJ) in February 2018.

Interview

first Interview was with the store manager, she was nice and the interview went good, then second interview with regional manager it was good too, the Process was straightforward. They make sure that the candidates are really good employees prior to hiring. Did not have any issues in regards to interview process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Destination XL.

Interview

Really fast in terms of Apply to phone interview. Was notified within a week, scheduled a phone call and was briefly given a description of the job. There really wasn't much asked of me other than what was on my Resume. Overall I liked the interview, I was even given a brief description of what I would be doing.

The position offered wasn't exactly what I was hoping for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Destination XL (Canton, MA).

Interview

I applied through the company website with an employee referral. I was called in for an interview during my college spring break (mid-March) and was offered the job in April. The interview was made up of the team I would be working with as well as an HR representative. The questions were relatively basic, mostly questions about myself. During the interview they made it seem as though I had gotten the job. Overall positive experience, as everyone I spoke with was very pleasant. I was happy to accept!

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Destination XL (Canton, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very casual, Two women interviewed me one was very interested the other was cold and didn't seem very interested in the interview. It lasted about an hour, there was lots of room to ask questions. The setting wasn't very professional. I barely got to speak with the recruiter I had been in contact with.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Destination XL (Memphis, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was very warm and informative. The person conducting the interview was very pleasant and friendly. This person shared their background and the led into a list of questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked you the standard question about describing a conflict situation on the job.   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Destination XL (Manchester, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and then met RSM and zone leader at Starbucks for around an hour. The zone leader bought me an iced tea. It was an easy process.

Interview Questions

• What do we need to do to get you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We negotiated salary once. I got a $3000 increase.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Destination XL (Harrisburg, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

multiple interviews, 1 in person, the rest were over the phone. The upper management was very kind. The complete interview process took almost a month. The lengthy interview process is intentional to weed out those who are not really interested

General Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Destination XL (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Had to come in at least three different times to meet everyone before I was hired. Working around the hiring manager and my own schedule was also tiresome and unnecessary if the company had any time management skills.

Interview Questions

Interview

First step was a very brief phone interview with the store manager at the time. He asked me very brief and easy questions about myself. Second step was a face to face interview with the same person in the store. Similar standard interview questions about myself and why I chose to apply/would be interested in working at Destination XL. Third step was meeting with the regional manager who asked me very similar/if not the same exact questions.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked you why you're working here, what would you say?   1 Answer