Detroit Business Consulting Account Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Detroit Business Consulting Account Representative Interview Questions

1.5

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

I was called a day after I applied, which I thought was weird. When I went in the next day for an interview, there was an influx of people going in and out for interviews. Apparently, there were all applying for the "2 full time positions" that was being offered by DBC. In all of my interviews, I have never seen such a mass amount of interviews for a business. It seems like they are trying to get anyone on board. I got the second interview, which they try to make it seem like it's hard to get because they say "well give you a call between xx and xx time, if you don't hear from us then we've went in a different direction." During the second interview, I expected only a couple of applicants. But there were still so many! There were like 15 of us. The interview was about 2 hours long, and we heard the entire spiel about how there is opportunities and stuff. But what really got me was when Andrew, the interviewer, said "yeah we won't be having our entry-level employees doing grunt-work" and what do you know entry-level employees are responsible for door-to-door sales. And, furthermore, not one time did they ever say "door-to-door" sales. If you want people to work for you, then be transparent. Don't make people drag it out of your mouth. Working strictly off of commission should be a major signal for all applicants. All major companies provide some sort of base pay, because if you're working strictly doing work based off of commission, then you're working for FREE.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths in a group setting
    ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Detroit Business Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

The first round was 15 minutes long and very brief and easy, we talked about what I look for in a company and briefly went over my resume. The next interview was longer and I met with a manager one on one and we discussed the position in greater detail. It was really a sales job where they were trying to make money to cover the money they had spent on decorating their office. The whole thing seemed kinda shady and very brief

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting.

Interview

They are deliberately vague and disinterested. They will ask you some questions to make it seem legitimate. Essentially, if you don't spit on their floor they'll give you a job, they are always desperate because of their insane turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• background, strengths and weaknesses, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

The entire process was very simple. Super easy to tell them what they want to hear to get hired. For two of my interviews I had to wait 20 minutes because they were running behind. The third interview also right after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your future goals and how do you want to achieve them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI).

Interview

They called me a couple hours after I had applied online. The 1st round interview was with an upper management person they asked more personal than professional questions. They then brought me for a 2nd round interview which was held at Panera where they explained how quickly you can move up in positions. I immediately had a 3rd round interview after which involved me filling out a sheet of generic questions. For the 3rd round the mostly answered my questions.

Interview Questions

This position is 100% commission based on door to door sales. You have to provide and pay for transportation without reimbursement. If you want to dog yourself tired to work their system go for it but it takes a lot of work and time to make the money they advertise

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting.

Interview

The interview process was much different than what I'd experienced before. The first round interview consisted getting to know me, and asked questions about myself and goals I have for the future.
    The second round interview consisted of leaving the office to grab a coffee with an account manager and having them break down in detail the positions, time line, pay, and benefits. This painted a clear picture and allowed me to better grasp my role in the company. This also gave me the opportunity to ask any questions in more detail and the account manager was very friendly and informative.
    The third round interview was followed up shortly after the second round and allowed me to sit down with one of the assistant managers and discuss the second round interview as well as discuss my timeline to success.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to be successful?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

It was fairly easy and expeditious. They were very eager to bring in a new crew of people due to there recent contract with Comcast. However, they do not inform you that you NEED a vehicle to be successful as you will be driving from one territory to another. Ask questions! What they dish out isn't factual as far as the job description, it is a door to door SALES position. You are commission based, don't just take their word, get educated on exactly what it is that you will be doing!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you like to do in your spare time, what are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Interview was pretty easy. Mostly just them talking about the job and how easy it is to move up in the company. They honestly didn't ask me too many questions. Then they brought me in for a second interview and we went to Panera. Not really sure what the point of that was. Again, the interviewer just talked about how fast you can advance in the company.

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and very deceiving. The whole thing lasted three days and it seemed like there was so much they were not telling you. I talked to my friend who work for them for about three months. He said the job was filled with cold calls, paying for your own licensing and transportation, and unstable pay.

Interview Questions

Not worth time and effort

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting.

Interview

I emailed my resume in and received a call the next day, I set up my first interview. The first interview was with one of the managers and pretty basic, general "get to know you" questions. Very little was said about the job itself. I got asked to come back for a second interview and made that appointment for later in the week. It was with an Account Manager at Panera (?!?), which I have never had an interview at Panera before. This interview the account manager described what I'd be doing and drew a diagram of what each position in the company looks like. Afterwards I got asked to stay for the 3rd interview which only lasted about 5 minutes and asked how I felt about everything. I was honest and said that I was a little unsure because the income didn't seem very reliable or steady (mostly all commission). Later that I night I received a call with the position being offered to me and when I turned it down due to the same reason I stated during the third interview, the manager that called me was so distraught that he hung up on me. Needless to say, I don't think it would have been a good fit.