Detroit Business Consulting Account Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Account Representative

Detroit Business Consulting Account Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Detroit Business Consulting

1.5

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting.

Interview

I was emailed the day after I sent my resume that they were interested in an interview. I interviewed on one Friday and was asked to have a second and third interview the following Friday.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing too complicated or difficult, but in retrospect the management and interviewers were vague and withholding about the actual duties of the position I applied for.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Detroit Business Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

This process is a complete scam, the company tries to portray a fun cool atmosphere that will give you money and room to excel in the career. This is a scam. MULTILEVEL Marketing Scam. After getting my offer to work there I found the rip off reports online that showed the company was paying Google to put the bad reviews lower on search results than the company's website.

Interview Questions

Total scam--- avoid this company at all costs

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting.

Interview

In total, there are three interviews. I got the second and third interview at the same day. More like a back to back interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

3 interviews where the first two where traditional, I was offered a position before the third interview? It seemed like a multi level marketing company doing door to door Comcast sales. I do not know why I needed a degree for this type of position. It is commissioned sales. They offer a manager position for people who stay for a year and there are only a couple managers, this means that the turnover is extremely high. Whatever the reason is, I was not going to stick around to find out. Also, this is not your consulting firm, it is a direct sales and marketing firm.

Interview Questions

• None, out of the many people interviewing, we where all being offered positions. As if everyone who isn't really strange gets hired.   1 Answer

Everyone in the office was really young, there was no managers over 30ish. Also, for having a nice location in Troy, why where they playing loud music during the interview. I was slightly offended that the atmosphere, while optimistic, would have music playing really loud. I should of known, the ad was on Craigslist.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted within a few hours after applying to the position through Craigslist. Upon arriving to the interview, you could see several people entering and several exiting the office. It was clear that it was a revolving door of interviews taking place. I was asked somewhat informal/generic questions mostly about my personality. I know these may be important questions but these can't be the only questions that are relevant (this isn't a babysitting job or something). I felt that the interviewer was uncomfortable and more nervous than myself. After the interview they told me they would contact me that same day between 1pm and 1:30pm (my interview was at 9) and tell me if I made it to the next round. I was invited back for a second round but declined.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult about the interview. It was more uncomfortable and seemed amateur.   Answer Question

I declined because this is a door-to-door sales position and not something I thought I was applying for from the start. I thought this position was more of an office environment working on marketing campaigns and strategies (at least that's what the job description seemed on the posting)

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty general, not too bad. The people that usually interview you are pretty nice. For the first round, a manager usually interviews you, and if you get called back for a second round, one of their account managers will interview you. The second round is quite long, but it goes by fast. Nothing too difficult. Then when you finish the second round, they almost always do a third round with another manager right after you finish the second round. The third round is probably the most brief out of all three rounds.

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting.

Interview

I emailed my resume in and received a call the next day, I set up my first interview. The first interview was with one of the managers and pretty basic, general "get to know you" questions. Very little was said about the job itself. I got asked to come back for a second interview and made that appointment for later in the week. It was with an Account Manager at Panera (?!?), which I have never had an interview at Panera before. This interview the account manager described what I'd be doing and drew a diagram of what each position in the company looks like. Afterwards I got asked to stay for the 3rd interview which only lasted about 5 minutes and asked how I felt about everything. I was honest and said that I was a little unsure because the income didn't seem very reliable or steady (mostly all commission). Later that I night I received a call with the position being offered to me and when I turned it down due to the same reason I stated during the third interview, the manager that called me was so distraught that he hung up on me. Needless to say, I don't think it would have been a good fit.

Account Representative Interview

Interview

The first interview was very laid back, we basically talked about sports and music for fifteen minutes. After that interview I received a callback for the second interview and I go to that one on Monday so hopefully it goes well

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am not certain yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly simple. I received a call a week before and the woman asked me some general questions about what I was looking for (full time work, career advancement). Then she asked me to come in for a pre-liminary interview. The pre-lim was also simple with general questions about my work ethic, my experiences and education. Within a couple hours I received a call from the office manager asking me to come in for a second round interview two days later. The second interview is where things got less easy. First, they ask for you to take an entire day off (9:30am-5pm) which can be an expense. Also, they were not clear on what we would be doing. Instead, interviewees came in and were taken on job shadowing interviews, essentially observing the consultant. Although the people in the office were very nice, most had very large egos and only had dollar signs in their eyes. There was a lot they did not explain and were very secretive about some of the information until myself and another interviewer stopped the shadowing completely to get more in-depth information where the consultant became very defensive. Overall, was not pleased with the interview process and actually asked to leave before the end of the work day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you were chosen to come back for a second interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume through my college recruitment site, about a week later I got a call saying they would be interviewing soon and asked if I was still interested. I said yes, and about a month later I was called in for an interview later that week. I sat in their reception area filling out a general questionnaire with a few other candidates and there seemed to be more coming and going. The first interview was VERY short, only about 10 minutes, they told me that they would decide later that day who would be coming in for a second interview. I received a call later inviting me for a second interview the following week which I accepted. The second interview consisted of an associate manager taking me to a separate location and talking about the job, the interview process, and the company structure. She informed me that moving up to the associate level she was at takes from 6-18 months and in the period before that the pay would be commission only after which I would receive bonus commission plus a base salary and more of my time would be put into training new hires. I asked a few questions about the turnover, as it occurred to me that a company that promotes this quickly would be growing unbelievably fast without a very high turnover rate. They mostly tried to dodge this question, I'm assuming because it is in fact very high. After that, I met with the office manager for about 10 minutes, and overall most of the interviewing process seemed to be the company selling itself to me, rather than me trying to get the job which struck me as very odd. Ultimately, I was offered later that day and ended up turning it down. There certainly are people who have came out of the door to door sales position and are doing very well, but I felt as though the management was not telling the candidates the whole story.

Interview Questions

Had better offers, management seemed a bit shady