Detroit Zoological Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Detroit Zoological Society

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Detroit Zoological Society (Royal Oak, MI).

Interview

The interviewing process was simple, and I enjoyed it. I was emailed by my future supervisor and we scheduled an interview date. I came in for an in-person interview that lasted 30-45 minutes, and received an email 1-2 weeks later stating I had received the position. I also received detailed instructions on where to park and where to go for my interview, as the Zoo is quite a large place!

Volunteer Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Detroit Zoological Society in January 2016.

Interview

Initial contact was through phone to set up an in-person interview. I missed the call and didn't hear back after many calls (I called many times, left messages. Came out later they were "never received"). Finally (over a week later) set up an in-person interview. It wasn't the best. I felt like I wasn't able to sell myself. My fault I guess. They asked off questions that I didn't expect. It was kind of weird and awkward. Again, my fault for not being on my toes. After all of that I knew I was not going to be offered the position, especially after the many calls and the dud interview. I hated it started off on the wrong foot. I followed up 2 weeks after my interview and heard nothing. Finally received a letter in the mail. (HR: Please don't waste paper and postage. You have my email.) Front desk lady was very friendly!!! It was nice talking to her while I waited.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at (insert job title and organization)? Did you do (this and this there)?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Detroit Zoological Society (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Good interview process but after a live interview I would expect the courtesy of a response. HR and CFO were very nice but asked fair questions. More than 6 months after the interview and I have not heard back.

Guest Relations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Detroit Zoological Society (Royal Oak, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick, Call day after i submitted applicationa and hired within week. It was a very fast and easy process. They asked questions based on past experience and how you would handle the outdoor work experience.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Detroit Zoological Society (Royal Oak, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Great HR team and not your typical boring interview questions. They want to get to know you. I remember laughing along with the team. It was definitely a great vibe. I applied on a Friday and received a phone call on Monday. I went in for an onsite interview on Friday later that week and received a job offer the next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What are some rooms for improvement?
      Your strongest quality?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Detroit Zoological Society (Royal Oak, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Called in for interview, 30 minute onsite interview. Questions were mostly based on determining what sort of person i was and the values i had - very personality based.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Zoo?   1 Answer