Deutsche Börse Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deutsche Börse Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.7

Functional Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Börse Group in September 2011.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews. Unusually, you are interviewed by the more senior member of staff first, they decided if you are generally a good fit for the company, in my case they didn't really care about specifics they were investigating how communicative and professional I was more than anything else. Once you are accepted then you move on to the more technical interview. Mine was for a junior role so there weren't too many technical questions and it was very laid back, in fact I think the interviewer perceived that to be their 'style'. I was slightly frustrated as, as is so often the case, they weren't prepared and couldn't really describe what I would actually be doing. I would recommend having some very specific questions to be able to ascertain what you need to know as it won't be offered.

Interview Questions

• They threw in a fairly standard logical thinking question which was 'How many trees do you think there are in Germany?' They really just want to watch you think without getting flustered.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a junior role and I really needed a job so I didn't negotiate...also, they are known for paying well so it wasn't necessary.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Börse Group.

Interview

it was a telephone interview, 2 Interviews
    basic questions:
    tell me about yourself
    what are you main duties at your current job
    what are your expectiations from the intership position
    Why Deutsche Börse?
    The telephone interview was pretty short, only 15minutes. A little bit too short in my opinion. They said that I will hear back from them in 2 weeks. However, no responds after that scheduled time period. So I called the HR Manager and told them the matter (already received a different offer), HR Manager told me that they will talk to the Interviewers and will get back to me as soon as possible. 2 hours later I received an offer from them.

Quantitative Risk & Methodology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Börse Group (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in November 2016.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes earlier and waited. My contact person met me and ushered me into the interview room. The selection team comprises of the senior team and junior team. First phase of interview was with the senior team and second phase with the junior team. All approximately 30 minutes each. The Head of the team joined from UK via video conferencing.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about knowledge of energy markets. Financial products.
      Risk exposures, VaR, overall knowledge about risk management.   1 Answer

Praktikant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Deutsche Börse Group (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied around the end of May 2016 and was called in August for an interview. I have been interviewed by the end of August. During the interview, I have been asked purely technical questions on the regulatory aspect of clearing process. Some of the questions were relatively easy to answer whereas some other required expertise to know. Overall I can say out of 10-12 technical questions I could answer 6 or 7 of them correctly. There was no motivation or strength-based or behavioural interview questions. I had the interview in the Cube, Eschborn.

Interview Questions

• What is the default waterfall?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eschborn (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Börse Group (Eschborn (Germany)) in April 2016.

Interview

The entire process was relatively straight forward - although it took a lot of time until I finally received an invitation to the interview. The interviewer was very fair - "I will not play any psychological tricks on you" was his first sentence after welcoming me. Overall it was a mix of personal fit questions, questions related to derivatives and general questions about markets. Be prepared to receive questions regarding current industry developments and their respective impact on stock exchanges. It is a good starting point if you would like to break into banking ;)

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a swap and a futures contract?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Börse Group (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in August 2015.

Interview

A double interview that started with the HR person and continued with another interview with two other people from the team. The questions were mostly standard, even if the HR ones were perhaps tougher. It was still not clear to me if they were talking about a specialist or an officer, awkward explanation of the difference. In the end I received a rejection and no feedback at all.

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest achievement, why do you want to work here, in general nothing very technical.   Answer Question

Part Time Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Börse Group in June 2015.

Interview

They ask about important items on my cv, and what courses I took during class. Especially one lecturer is currently a director in Deutsch Boerse. What is my biggest advantages, weakness, what is the most memorable experience during my stay in the other country. What is my opinion about the current market situation, do I usually watch related news? what is the biggest competitor for Deutsch Boerse, what advantages they two have. since i was applying for a part time position, so they ask about when do i have time. and they introduced what Deutsch Boerse offer for intern or part time student.

Interview Questions

• what do you think of current market, example in asia or america   Answer Question

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Börse Group (Prague (Czech Republic)) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took a month. The first interview was provided by telephone. It was about administrative stuff. The second interview was technical. 2 developers and 1 manager took part in it. It was easy. But I must notice, the interviewers were not bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. They don't like their work. It's not attractive for me.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Börse Group in November 2014.

Interview

First round of interview took place with the main manager. Basic questions like my experience, required salaries, expectations. Next round of interview with one team was by phone and all questions were about time complexity of basic algorithms and operations with data structures. Another round of interview with different team was at office and questions relate to basic mathematics tasks.

Interview Questions

• time complexity of data structures and basic algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by the group manager. He presented the company. Technologically, they use primarily MySQL, C/C++ and probably also some Java. On business side they develop trading system for majority of stock exchanges in Europe. They release once or twice per year. At this stage be prepared for questions like: "Where do you see yourself in 5 years".

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between malloc and calloc   1 Answer