Deutsche Bank Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deutsche Bank Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Deutsche Bank

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

One to one, formal interview, very professional, Human resources was responsive, the questions asked were relevant. Typical questions were asked such as why are you interested in this role, why did you leave your last role, they offered a good description of the role and allowed time for multiple questions

Interview Questions

• What is the reason you left your previous firm   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in June 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter from the Jacksonville office about multiple roles. She seemed quite enthused about my background and potential fit for the role. She asked me basic questions about experience, willingness to relocate to Florida, and reasons for leaving current company. Later she scheduled an interview with the hiring managers for the position I was being considered for. The interviews went quite well I thought. I was at least a decent fit for all of them. I followed up with the recruiter who committed to keep me updated, and she didn't respond. Tried once a week for three weeks to get a hold of her by email and phone. Never heard back from her. And then they wonder why they have such a hard time bringing talent to Florida. I was not even a month later when a different recruiter contacted me about another role. When I mentioned what happened she apologized and I went through the exact same exercise described above. Never heard from her again either. Believe it or not, another recruiter reached out about a different role a couple of months ago. Needless to say, I was done with DB. They need to get their act together. I understand delays, but non-response is unacceptable after you scheduled multiple interviews for multiple roles.

Interview Questions

• Case scenario situations related to specific front office role I was applying for. Nothing overly technical or difficult   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2018.

Interview

The worst company and confused people (hiring manager and HR) are working.
    The interview process was very long and took more than 2 months to come to conclusion.
    There were 3 rounds of interview, average questions asked in interview.
    I got selected and verbally offered for that position then after few days I came to know there was some weird business approval that didn't go through so they cant move forward.
    Even no one knows what kind of approval it was and the reason that didn't go through. It was very confusing and waste of time.
    Big communication gap within the company and confused people are working there.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Brief HR screening a few days after applying online. Two on-site visits with a couple interviews each, with one phone interview in between. Some interviewers video-connected from other locations. This was a quant role, so there were quantitative questions, but all very reasonable and relevant. One interview, with my future manager, was in a form of quantitative discussion with different business-related situations. In the middle of the last on-site visit they already expressed they liked my candidacy and passionately advertised the job. During the final conversation we discussed the financials, where they told me my desired salary was impossible, but they were sponsoring visa. They ended up giving an offer over phone with slightly less money, which I happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Some relatively simple combinatorics and probability questions, some of which tailored to what would have to deal with at work. What is today's Dow Jones index.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview was referred by a friend. It is highly subjective to the desk you are applying to. May or may not need prior experience in the field. a a a a a a

Interview Questions

• Will you take a bet with expected value same as the initial pay off   Answer Question

Associate? Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter called about 2 weeks later. The recruiter screened me than set up an interview for about a week out. I interviewed with a panel of hiring managers. Contacted me 3 days later and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How are your excel skill? Are you comfortable with working more then 8 hours a day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very quick and easy - phone interview with three different people. The overall conversation was probably about an hour. I spoke to the VP, Assistant VP, and a fellow associate.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly about my previous experience and the overall company structure.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of on-site interview. First round with hiring manager and team members. Second round with a more senior manager and other members from same department but different group. The conversations are more about communications than technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the trader is very tough?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in September 2008.

Interview

Only two interviews were done. One with the HR officer and the next was with the domain manager. That was 5 years ago when the company was still expanding. It was very quick and easy since they were immediately hiring candidates who will be given assignments abroad. There was also a phone interview from the Sending Location at that time.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

I got an interview call from a job consultant. I was interviewed during a hiring drive in my city. The interview consisted of only two rounds, one with the HR and other with the VP of the department. The HR round was the generic stuff with questions like reason for change, questions related to people management. The VP round was more about situational leadership and the product knowledge. Since the role involved people management, there were lot of questions related to team handling, getting the work done etc. The VP round lasted around an hour.

Interview Questions

• During the interview, while highlighting my people management skills, I told the interviewer that I am a keen observer of people's behavior. To which he asked me to highlight two positive and two negative aspect of his personality based upon our 30 minutes of interaction.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I initially quoted a certain percentage increase in the compensation. The HR refused that amount and said it could be a deal breaker. When I assured them that I am open to negotiation on salary then they roled out offer letter to me and to my surprise they gave me hike which I initially asked for. The key is to be flexible on salary part. If you are a right fit, they will offer you what you deserve.