Deutsche Bank Interview Questions in Birmingham, England | Glassdoor

Deutsche Bank Interview Questions in Birmingham, England

Updated Sep 19, 2016

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

A brief introduction, questions regarding personal interest in the bank and sectors/division. The moving on to competency questions. Bank uses 9 types of competencies and usually 3 interviewers examine 3 types each. Questions are very similar, however about different personal skills and experiences.
    Regarding technical knowledge, there were no questions about that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about last time you were working in a team and you had an argument with member of your team about something you knew you were right about.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Spring week - good experience, everyone was friendly and managed to put me at ease.
    3 1:1 interviews. They were half an hour each. The technical/industry related questions were challenging and needed some careful thought. Brain teasers were also challenging. Competency/CV based questions seemed straightforward. Did not feel too pressurised as they genuinely seemed engaging and enthusiastic to listen.

Interview Questions

• what do you think are your main strengths?
      what are they skills you think are best suited to this role?
      Answer Question

(AWM Division) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Birmingham, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

It started off as a normal competency based interview. Then they moved on to talk about the CV (two interviewers). They literally went point by point and covered almost everything on the CV. They asked me whether I know how to do macro using excel and also what I have learned at University for econometrics.

Interview Questions

• What are the listing procedures at the London Stock Exchange?   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer - CB&S: Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Birmingham, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Was invited to first round interviews in Birmingham where they gave standard competency based questions and some basic maths. Other candidates came from Warrick, LSE and Bristol so prestige of your university seems important.
    In essence, know your CV, have an opinion on everything in the markets, and you should be fine.

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Birmingham, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Application form
    Include cover letter!

Standard first round interview, with the most basic technical questions asked.

Went through CV in detail, so make sure you know EVERYTHING on there.

Very unprepared for final round. Case study very tough, and accounting style questions unprepared for.

Be aware most others in final round not undergrad but MSc Finance etc.

ITIL Based Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Birmingham, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview with intermediary followed by another telephone interview with the bank directly. After this, there was a 1.5 hour face to face interview. The end client was identified during the initial interview with the intermediary and the second telephone interview was succinct and asked pertinent questions relevant to the job. The face to face interview expanded on this, asking for examples in previous employment along with some general principles connected with the job itself which were not that taxing. They were very quick in getting back to me with an answer.

Interview Questions

• Give some examples drawing on relevant previous experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible

GTO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

two vice president from different departments made the compensated based interview which is mainly based on my cv, they are very friendly, they first introduced themselves and then started to ask me some questions related to my interests, then they ask me about some compensated based question, after that they will ask some questions that they are interested in my cv, after that, they ask me whether i got some questions to ask related to their company.

Interview Questions

• why choose technology? why technology is important to DB?   1 Answer

Introduction to Investment Banking & Finance Week Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I had to apply on line answering a series of questions which I think are the same for many roles, then I had a telephone interview followed by an assessment centre where I had to give a presentation, participate in a group task and another competency based interview. HR were very nice and was an enjoyable experience

Marketing Resource Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Birmingham, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very unstructured process. I applied online and then a mail arrived from HR staff wondering if I was staying in UK or not (even though my Resume clearly states my address and phone number), then a telephone interview, personal interviews and three more telephone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Have you prepared marketing related brochures, RFAs, agreements and what has been your experience?
      Which stakeholder is most difficult to deal with?
      Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process was quick and efficiently managed by HR. They ensure that everyone feels comfortable and introduce the candidates to the current graduates and give information about the bank in general. Once the first stage of the interview has been completed which was 2 on 1 they respond very quickly within a few days. The final stage of the interview consisted of 3 rounds looking at the CV and finally they call back within 1-2 days (mine was in the afternoon the very same day) and give feedback to your performance.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about my CV and on key skills such as communication, team work and time management.   Answer Question