Deutsche Bank Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.4

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Was supposed to be interviewing with two individual but just met with one. The questions where not hard and not really what I was expecting. When I walked in the place deems very dead, just a group of individuals in front of their desktop computer analyzing data.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview started with past experience and working environment.The Interview was not hard.The interviewer was very knowledgeable and asked relevant questionare. The Onboarding process was quite lengthy. I had to go thru couple background and health test.

Interview Questions

• How do you gather the requirement? When do you consider a requirement is completed. Do you know what a use case is?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

it was pretty quick process. applied through the school career portal, and then somebody called to ask me to come to their new york site for interview. then went through 2 rounds of interviews, mostly behavioral questions. then 3 days later HR called to inform that i got the offer.

Interview Questions

• behavior on the most part, and definitely be prepared to talk about everything you put on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

After submitting a resume and cover letter, I was contacted by HR to schedule an initial phone interview. The phone interview was with the prospective supervisor, was in-depth and lasted about one hour. A couple of days after the phone interview, I was contacted for an in office interview. This interview was conducted by two staff members whom I would be working with. It was an in depth and pleasant interview. This interview lasted no more than one hour. A follow up phone interview with London office staff was then scheduled about one week later. This interview was more challenging, but informative.

A few days later I was contacted by HR to be notified that they were interested in hiring me, but as it was the end of the year they needed to finalize budget details before making a formal offer. At that time HR indicated that employment would commence in January of 2014 and asked if I would be ok with the wait and I stated that I would be ok with it. HR also stated during this conversation that would provide plenty of time to gather required pay stub information, as well as allow for time to go through the background check and ID process. In the meantime, I provided the requested salary information and discontinued my job search. When January came, I contacted HR to find out when they expected to formalize their offer and was told the situation was still 'status quo'. I continued to be in touch twice a week for the duration of the month and was given the same status each time. At no time did they mention the position was no longer available, or that they were no longer interested in hiring me. In fact, I was told that I was a great candidate and they would love to hire me but understood if I couldn't wait for their formal offer as they couldn't provide a time frame when it would be forthcoming. I discontinued contacting them when February came and they no also made no attempt to contact me further. To this day, I have no idea what happened.

Word of advice to candidates: if made an offer over the phone, insist on getting that re-iterated in writing via email. Also, do not discontinue your job search until you are in the door, even after being made an verbal offer, as it may not come through.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to defend your experience, and have detail knowledge of past projects you have worked on.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Only went for first interview

Interview Questions

• Fit based, discussed mostly background and recent news including my opinion on various ongoing political topics. Also discussed my interest in Deutsche Bank and the position/ fit of skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

After the 1st contact was made via email there was initially constant reply for most of my questions. However after the phone interview and being requested to add my information to their online data base, communication from them went silent. Since then despite multiple tries I have not been able to reestablish contact with the bank. This I feel to be very unprofessional and that they should have replied confirming or declining the position instead of having me wait in a state of limbo.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

One Senior BA and one Technical PM interviewed me, followed by another round with 2 PMs. One of them was line manager. Overall, was interviewed more by Technical PMs than by BAs. Team was production support focused with some development work.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening from an external recruiter (DB have outsource their recruitment to a company called Resource Solutions) very nice recruiter and gave pointers on what the hiring manager was looking for, having discussed the role and the CV even asked me to highlight some of the stuff I spoke about on the phone on the CV so that it is clear to the hiring manager. She arranged a phone interview with the Manager the same week, typical competency based questions and he also sounded like a nice chap on the phone -I got a follow up call from the recruiter to ask for give and actually ask for feedback on suitability, and then asked for my availability for a face to face with the manager....it took a little while for that to happen as it was the holiday season.

Face to face interview with the hiring manager and another team member, generally competency based and scenario based as well depending on your answer, took a little over an hour very relaxed as well, and no pressure.

Got a response a couple of days later, concerns that I might become bored with the role looking at my experience and the job requirements (They did give a hint of that concern during the interview, even though I tried to assure them), and were also looking for knowledge of a specific vendor product they were migrating to....overall it was a relaxed interview, and the hiring manager was genuinely warm and seems sincere.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

TTH scheme, the overall organisation of the interviews was very good, reasonable competency based questions and a very kind interviewer which made the process better. Also employees are very welcoming and help relax the nerves once the process gets started.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

First an online analytical test. Followed by 3 senior manager interviews. Upon clearing the 3 interviews then again 3 interviews with the VP. All the interviews were majorly competency based and each lasted an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were forced to do something wrong by your superior/senior, how did you tackle the situation?   Answer Question