Deutsche Bank Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deutsche Bank Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Deutsche Bank

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

After the 1st contact was made via email there was initially constant reply for most of my questions. However after the phone interview and being requested to add my information to their online data base, communication from them went silent. Since then despite multiple tries I have not been able to reestablish contact with the bank. This I feel to be very unprofessional and that they should have replied confirming or declining the position instead of having me wait in a state of limbo.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Only went for first interview

Interview Questions

• Fit based, discussed mostly background and recent news including my opinion on various ongoing political topics. Also discussed my interest in Deutsche Bank and the position/ fit of skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

After submitting a resume and cover letter, I was contacted by HR to schedule an initial phone interview. The phone interview was with the prospective supervisor, was in-depth and lasted about one hour. A couple of days after the phone interview, I was contacted for an in office interview. This interview was conducted by two staff members whom I would be working with. It was an in depth and pleasant interview. This interview lasted no more than one hour. A follow up phone interview with London office staff was then scheduled about one week later. This interview was more challenging, but informative.

A few days later I was contacted by HR to be notified that they were interested in hiring me, but as it was the end of the year they needed to finalize budget details before making a formal offer. At that time HR indicated that employment would commence in January of 2014 and asked if I would be ok with the wait and I stated that I would be ok with it. HR also stated during this conversation that would provide plenty of time to gather required pay stub information, as well as allow for time to go through the background check and ID process. In the meantime, I provided the requested salary information and discontinued my job search. When January came, I contacted HR to find out when they expected to formalize their offer and was told the situation was still 'status quo'. I continued to be in touch twice a week for the duration of the month and was given the same status each time. At no time did they mention the position was no longer available, or that they were no longer interested in hiring me. In fact, I was told that I was a great candidate and they would love to hire me but understood if I couldn't wait for their formal offer as they couldn't provide a time frame when it would be forthcoming. I discontinued contacting them when February came and they no also made no attempt to contact me further. To this day, I have no idea what happened.

Word of advice to candidates: if made an offer over the phone, insist on getting that re-iterated in writing via email. Also, do not discontinue your job search until you are in the door, even after being made an verbal offer, as it may not come through.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to defend your experience, and have detail knowledge of past projects you have worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Was supposed to be interviewing with two individual but just met with one. The questions where not hard and not really what I was expecting. When I walked in the place deems very dead, just a group of individuals in front of their desktop computer analyzing data.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

it was pretty quick process. applied through the school career portal, and then somebody called to ask me to come to their new york site for interview. then went through 2 rounds of interviews, mostly behavioral questions. then 3 days later HR called to inform that i got the offer.

Interview Questions

• behavior on the most part, and definitely be prepared to talk about everything you put on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick interview, general questions asked. Trying to gauge what type of background you come from. Additionally they were trying to get a read on your personality and whether or not you seemed like a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working between different business units?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied through College Portal, and received a phone screen which was very basic and focused on location, compensation, authorization, etc - no behavioral or technical questions. The HR then arranged for an in-person interview at their Wall St. Office, though due to the Holiday season it was a little hard to get hold of interviewers. The interview consisted of 30 minutes each with the Director and VP. The questions were behavioral (walk through resume, conflict resolution, etc.). The Director only spoke for 10 minutes, and asked me for questions, appeared to be in a hurry (kept checking the phone), and left early. The VP interviewed well, but mentioned a second round of interview (?), which caught me by surprise as it wasn't mentioned before. Didn't receive any communication about the result, and "thank you" emails weren't responded. I only found that I didn't make the cut, when I checked the portal. Very poor communication from the Director and VP. Extremely unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

It is a very smooth process. People and culture are also very friendly. Focus more on behavior questions. Very quick process too. They also get back to you with feedback and updated news right away the same day of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview started with past experience and working environment.The Interview was not hard.The interviewer was very knowledgeable and asked relevant questionare. The Onboarding process was quite lengthy. I had to go thru couple background and health test.

Interview Questions

• How do you gather the requirement? When do you consider a requirement is completed. Do you know what a use case is?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

The whole process is pretty fast. Apply online then there will be online test about math reading. Then phone interview from that department. HR will call you after a week I guess. Then one to two interview about an hour or half an hour. There will be a VP and a associate. Next round will be two 1-to-2 session. And there will be directors. Final round will be a group interview. Last time we are playing with toys in two groups, then a present afterwards. The result will be out in a week time.

Interview Questions

• Normally they just follow your CV and ask questions about that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No really have one. They just ask their employee to call me and tell me how wonderful the company is.