Deutsche Bank Equity Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deutsche Bank Equity Research Associate Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Brought me down to Jacksonville overnight for an interview. Forgot to mention to me that they DON'T REIMBURSE FOR MEALS. What? I've never heard of that before. Also, I checked out the kitchen. They provide nothing to their employees. I didn't even see bottles of water. Now I understand that this is all food-related, and that's not typically how you decide on a job, but I think both of those signs are particularly telling. I think it best describes the state of the company and the (lack of) respect it has for it's employees -- at least in Jacksonville.

The interview itself was your typical research interview. They really have to sell you to get to Jacksonville and it feels like they knew this.

Interview Questions

• Mostly fit questions. Also lots of "tell me about a time.."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at Deutsche's Jacksonville site and contra to the previous review, I had a great experience. Interview was straightforward and common feel of interviews on the street; was interviewed by MD, VP, assoc, and an analyst. It didn't seem like Deutsche spared any expense on Jacksonville as the site is nice with a full gym and some other common BB amenities. For what it's worth, they did feed us lunch. Not sure what the previous reviewer was talking about, but hey, what firm would want to hire someone more concerned about being offered water and reimbursed instead of focusing on getting the offer? I feel bad for someone with that level of entitlement. Obviously that previous reviewer's hunger for food to be provided outweighed their hunger to interview well and provide quality research for a firm.

Interview Questions

• Was asked how I would value companies in varying sectors. Was asked how I would model maint-capex (MCX) for a frac sand MLP earlier in the year. There were some fit questions based around my story in making it from a non-target to a BB interview. Was also asked a little about current market environment and to pitch a few stocks.   1 Answer

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2014.

Interview

2 hour interview with Managing Directors from New York. It was very intense. If you've read any of Micheal Lewis' books, then you'll know what I mean. I was asked questiosn ranging from my views of the market to what my thoughts were of compliance and Wall Street.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 onsite, 1 with team 2-3 with sales, and 2-3 with director of research

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

It depends on the analyst who you will be working for. Stock pitch (at least one) is mandatory irregardless of the sector. Less brain teaser type questions in research. Expect valuation type questions. Nothing harder than a typical Vault Guide question. Director of Research will more likely to ask you behavioral and fit question, since it is his job to make sure you are in for the long haul.

Interview Questions

• 1.) What constitutes as book value of a company. 2.) Pitch me any stock 3.) How is my modelling skill   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

The entire process consisted of three interviews (which I found a bit troubling). The first was an on-campus interview with a senior, group-head type. He was basically sniff-testing to make sure I understood the requirements of the job and was legitimately interested. Based on that I had a 'final round' of two interviews in their offices on Wall St. One was with a more junior level guy who was friendly and I think was more interested in personality fit and how I could help take workload off his plate. The second interview was with two women. It wasn't totally clear if they both worked in the group, although one clearly did. She was the toughest of the interviewers. Her questions were fair - more technical than the others' - but her demeanor revealed a mean spiritedness that really turned me off.

Interview Questions

• Pitch stock recommendations (specifically related to a sector I'd covered in a previous job).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

very brief. A couple 30 minute phone calls and then they flew me up to Boston for a 45 minute coffee chat. the 45 minute chat was more about them trying to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Run Depreciation through the three statements   1 Answer

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted to perform a telephone interview and the standard psychometric tests. The interviewer was extremely pleasant and frank. Going through the process, I was interviewed by their hiring manager who threw a slew of quantitative questions at me.

Not many fit questions were asked by the interviewers.