Deutsche Bank Interview Questions in Hong Kong | Glassdoor

Deutsche Bank Interview Questions in Hong Kong

Updated Dec 15, 2016

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2016.

Interview

One individual onsite interview by two interviewers who are associate or VP, after passing the first phone screen interview already. Should you successfully pass this round that I am writing about, you will have a final round interview with similar form to this one by more senior interviewers

Interview Questions

• Self-intro
      Why DB
      Tell me an experience about your creativity
      What did you do for the Australia school's IPO
      Why Australian school wants an IPO in HK
      What proportion of revenue of the school comes from Chinese students
      How do you value an education company
      Assumptions to project revenue
      How to find unlevered beta and risk free rate
      For Chinese companies, what it the risk free rate and what is the value
      Why DDM for micro finance companies
      How microfinance companies get a low interest rate for borrowing from the bank
      How they mitigate the risk of clients' default
      Why clients want a high interest rate lending from micro finance
      Tell me the most challenging experience
      Any questions

Wealth Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2016.

Interview

The 2 interviewers were nice. And the style of the whole interview was rather like chatting. No pressure at all. They ask behavioral and market questions in an irregular order. Since I am having it in Hong Kong, they ask me to answer different questions in English, Cantonese and Mandarin. The questions were not that hard as they often gave open-ended questions. No technical calculative questions and brainteasers were asked.

Interview Questions

• What were your best and worst experience in trading stocks respectively?
      Why wealth management but not investment banking?
      How do you manage your time with part-time intern and uni studies?
      What are your insights of the USD trend?
      Ask so many questions regarding your intern experience, remember to understand what you have done before.
      Tell me one time that you deal with a team conflict.

Global Transaction Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2016.

Interview

there were online assessments, followed by first round (2 to 1) and final round (3 to 1 panel) interviews. interview results were notified in 24 hours. no technical questions asked, just interest and competency questions

Interview Questions

• why DB, why transaction banking, and some competency based questions for both interviews   Answer Question

ADU Operations Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was held at their HK office at ICC building, I was interviewed with the AVP of the team and it took 35 mins , I briefly describe my pervious KYC experience which I gain from other banks and the AVP described the job role in detail.

Interview Questions

• Mainly regards to KYC with large corps and individuals   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in So Kwun Wat San Tsuen (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (So Kwun Wat San Tsuen (Hong Kong)) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted online before Nov. On the end of Nov, I received the first round interview invitation. The interview last from 900 to 930. Two interviewers, both from technical department. That's a Friday. On the following Tuesday, I got rejected.

Interview Questions

• Basically is about the CV question and the behavioral question. Why do you choose the technology division in investment bank? How do you handle team conflicts.
      Also two simple written test. The first one is a single for loop. The second is about SQL query.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2015.

Interview

Global Transaction Banking. Two rounds of interview. First round interview with VP and second round interview with MD. Just casual talk without any specific technical questions. Just be yourself and try to show as much knowledge as possible that you have towards the industry.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are an introvert or an extrovert, and which one do you think is better.   Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2015.

Interview

First round, on-site interview: two interviewers from the technology team, first do a quick quiz (very simple, one psudo code, one SQL), then ask questions mostly about my CV. It is quite relaxed, and interviewers are very nice. Now is waiting for the final round.

Client On-boarding Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in June 2015.

Interview

Went through phone screening followed by a face-to-face interview by team leader.
    The interview was very much focused on my current job duties, work experience and reasons I left my previous jobs.
    There were questions to test my knowledge in KYC, what would I do in on-boarding certain clients and what would I do when I face some common problems.

SummerTechnology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2015.

Interview

30 min. many competency questions, 2 technical questions. I was 20 minutes late. There were 2 interviewers. They are both from tech division. I talked about the projects I did. They didn't ask for many more details. Too many questions about leaderships, failure,weakness, how to deal with conflicts... I got a reject letter the day after the interview.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Two rounds of individual interviews after the CV screening and aptitude tests. With the business representatives from Deutsche Asset and Wealth Management. HR and the business reps are really helpful, efficient and professional. Overall a good impression.

Interview Questions

• Not exactly, mainly on behavioural questions to see the fit of candidates   Answer Question