Deutsche Bank Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

3.1

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It began with a internet phone screening, approximately 30 minutes long. If you were awarded a super day they notified you approximately 2 weeks later. Super day began with interviews in the morning, one interview for 30-40 minutes with 2 people. Either Vice President or Managing Director in status. If you made the cut for the afternoon you were informed shortly after lunchtime of the new interview slot. This is 2 consecutive interviews of 30-40 minutes each, again with Vice Presidents or Managing Directors in their respective group. At the end of the process you were told by HR to expect decisions within two weeks. However, they sent out notifications within 48 hours to candidates. The usual, top prospects given 2 weeks, maybe zone prospects told to await a prolonged decision, and bottom prospects rejected politely. Overall process took a few months from first contact to final decision, standard in the finance industry.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why DB?
    Q: Why Finance?
    Q: What is 1 thing not on your resume that I (interviewer) should know about you?
    Q: What is one instance you had of working with a difficult group on a looming deadline? How did you act? What was the outcome?
    Q: Is there one instance to where you provided a service to a client but the client was unhappy? How did you react? What did you do to solve the issue? What was the result?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Tuscaloosa, AL).

Interview

Panel Interview. Both people came off as very arrogant and not engaging in conversation. Asked questions that you would only have answers for if you had actually competed the internship. Interview lasted around 45 min to an hour. Came out of the room totally turned off. It took around 2 weeks to hear back and get an answer of their decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

2 rounds . I Have a Dream Internship
    2 2 person interviews for thirty minutes. They went through resume. General questions were asked. Know a lot about all the divisions and about where Deutsche bank is going in the economy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

interview was pretty easy. they talked about the company and the position rather asking questions? they wanted to see whether I am really interested to do the job. asked some very common question like what does ethics mean to me, what is my weakness, asked about my previous experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

All behavioral and situational question. The interviewers were very helpful and answered all my impeding questions about the job. There was two rounds of interviewing, an initial thirty minute interview followed by a call back with an invitation to the last round. The last round consisted of two thirty minute interviews with two interviewers in each room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online though my university, received an invitation for an interview a few weeks later. Two people interviewed me, one of them friendly and the other quite unfriendly. Typical interview, seemed like they were going for an intimidation factor. Asked fewer banking-related questions than I had anticipated, mostly focused on behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working in the banking industry?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Two rounds
    Second was a super day
    Basically all the ones on all the IB prep guides. Know basic technicals well. Both the finance and the accounting aspects. Don't just know but also understand the material. Classes in finance should help somewhat .
    Have a solid why finance why IB why DB
    Super day more to see who you are and if you are a fit
    First is more to see if you even qualify

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's on-campus interview program. The first round was a 30 minute fit/behavioral interview, but was rather stressful. They kept interrupting me mid-answer and asking a new question. I did not advance to second round.

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward and the questions were the basics. These were based on the usual team, values, and what your expectations were from the company and the program. They really wanted to know what you had done and what your successes were.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you have had to tell someone and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Went through two interviews in one day. each with two people. The first one was really challenging I was asked more mathematical questions, second interview was much more relaxed and basic.

Interview Questions

• What are Deutsche Bank core values?   1 Answer