Deutsche Bank Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

3.1

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in June 2017.

Interview

Ich habe mich über das Onlineportal beworben, zwei Wochen später habe ich eine E-Mail erhalten und wurde in dieser zu einem persönlichen Gespräch in Frankfurt eingeladen. Das Gespräch fand mit zwei Personen der Abteilung statt. Gleich zu Beginn des Gesprächs wurden mir sehr viele fachliche Fragen gestellt. Danach wurde mir erklärt was meine Aufgaben im Praktikum sein werden und es wurden einige Fragen zu meiner Person und meinem Lebenslauf gestellt. Eine Woche später kam eine Absage per E-Mail.

Interview Questions

• Was sind die Aktiv- und Passivpostitionen der Bilanz einer Bank?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. The first round was with two VPs and second wrong was with two Directors. Fit questions on resume , a few behavioral questions. People are friendly. It seems that interviewers only got my resume passed to them a few minutes before I entered the room.

Interview Questions

• What's your leadership experience?
      Why do you want to join DB?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It began with a internet phone screening, approximately 30 minutes long. If you were awarded a super day they notified you approximately 2 weeks later. Super day began with interviews in the morning, one interview for 30-40 minutes with 2 people. Either Vice President or Managing Director in status. If you made the cut for the afternoon you were informed shortly after lunchtime of the new interview slot. This is 2 consecutive interviews of 30-40 minutes each, again with Vice Presidents or Managing Directors in their respective group. At the end of the process you were told by HR to expect decisions within two weeks. However, they sent out notifications within 48 hours to candidates. The usual, top prospects given 2 weeks, maybe zone prospects told to await a prolonged decision, and bottom prospects rejected politely. Overall process took a few months from first contact to final decision, standard in the finance industry.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why DB?
      Q: Why Finance?
      Q: What is 1 thing not on your resume that I (interviewer) should know about you?
      Q: What is one instance you had of working with a difficult group on a looming deadline? How did you act? What was the outcome?
      Q: Is there one instance to where you provided a service to a client but the client was unhappy? How did you react? What did you do to solve the issue? What was the result?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

attended spring week, friday was an assessment day
    3 interviews: competency, business acumen, case study
    case study could choose to be a business analyst or software developer
    all interviews 1:1
    there was also assessment during the week e.g. DB employees could recommend interns and some had to fill in reviews

Interview Questions

• What do you want from your life? How do you define success?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, Personal Interview
    Background information, fit questions, investment banking experience, achievements, team work experience, microsoft office skills, strategic thinking, derivatives knowledge, describe a LBO process, DCF method, multiple method, dividend model

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Tuscaloosa, AL).

Interview

Panel Interview. Both people came off as very arrogant and not engaging in conversation. Asked questions that you would only have answers for if you had actually competed the internship. Interview lasted around 45 min to an hour. Came out of the room totally turned off. It took around 2 weeks to hear back and get an answer of their decision.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in December 2014.

Interview

First round on campus, some easy questions on describing risks, underlying certain instrument. Second - onsite: tell me about yourself, why structuring, a bit about degree plus actual questions about option pricing/greeks, etc. Some minor questions from other fields, i

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online though my university, received an invitation for an interview a few weeks later. Two people interviewed me, one of them friendly and the other quite unfriendly. Typical interview, seemed like they were going for an intimidation factor. Asked fewer banking-related questions than I had anticipated, mostly focused on behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working in the banking industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

interview was pretty easy. they talked about the company and the position rather asking questions? they wanted to see whether I am really interested to do the job. asked some very common question like what does ethics mean to me, what is my weakness, asked about my previous experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Division: GTO - Technology
    I applied online via their homepage, and shortly afterwards I had to complete a numerical online test. The test was quite easy, and even so I am sure I did not answered everything right, I was invited for an interview. There were two in-person interview stages. The first stage was a one-to-two interview with a person from HR and on from the division. The second stage was three one-to-one interviews with three different people from the GTO division.

The feedback process was really quick and very detailed, and I cannot say anything bad about the interview process, besides that their room-temperature is way too cold.

Nonetheless, I was shocked that there were so little knowledge-questions in the interview process. I applied for a technology role and there were few to NONE technical questions during the interviews. When a Deutsche Bank employee is reading this: You definitely have to restructure you interview process to make sure that the people coming through really know their stuff. I could have been a total beguiler (I am not :D) and passed this interview process. I would suggest to get some sample code and to let the interview read it, or to let the interview do a little project during their interview-day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly non-technology related questions. Focus was more on team work and storytelling of prior experiences. Questions were like "tell me of an experience where you joined a new team", "tell me of an experience where you worked in a team" , "tell me of an experience where you had troubles working in a team", "Why Deutsche Bank?" , “Why technology?"   Answer Question