Deutsche Bank Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

3.1

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Cool Guys. All parts in the process are reasonable and not too tough

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Cary, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

Very smooth process. On campus interviews and then called on site for 2 interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Three 1:1 interviews. Mostly behavioral, with some technical questions. Know why you want to be at DB, why finance and what drives you to commit to the extensive hours involved.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

attended spring week, friday was an assessment day
    3 interviews: competency, business acumen, case study
    case study could choose to be a business analyst or software developer
    all interviews 1:1
    there was also assessment during the week e.g. DB employees could recommend interns and some had to fill in reviews

Interview Questions

• What do you want from your life? How do you define success?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Division: GTO - Technology
    I applied online via their homepage, and shortly afterwards I had to complete a numerical online test. The test was quite easy, and even so I am sure I did not answered everything right, I was invited for an interview. There were two in-person interview stages. The first stage was a one-to-two interview with a person from HR and on from the division. The second stage was three one-to-one interviews with three different people from the GTO division.

The feedback process was really quick and very detailed, and I cannot say anything bad about the interview process, besides that their room-temperature is way too cold.

Nonetheless, I was shocked that there were so little knowledge-questions in the interview process. I applied for a technology role and there were few to NONE technical questions during the interviews. When a Deutsche Bank employee is reading this: You definitely have to restructure you interview process to make sure that the people coming through really know their stuff. I could have been a total beguiler (I am not :D) and passed this interview process. I would suggest to get some sample code and to let the interview read it, or to let the interview do a little project during their interview-day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly non-technology related questions. Focus was more on team work and storytelling of prior experiences. Questions were like "tell me of an experience where you joined a new team", "tell me of an experience where you worked in a team" , "tell me of an experience where you had troubles working in a team", "Why Deutsche Bank?" , “Why technology?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview started with an online application. First I had to send my CV/CL etc. and then I got invited to a numerical and reasoning test. Both tests were quiet simple and similar to the tests of other banks I applied to. After passing the test etc. I was invited to a phone interview. There were motivation and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• you have 100 pieces of sugar and have to build a quarter. How many pieces are left?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

online tests followed by two 1-1 interviews in the first round, then i was invited back to have 3 1-1 interviews as final round, the interviewers are very friendly and questions are mainly competency based, macro economic trend, etc

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, Personal Interview
    Background information, fit questions, investment banking experience, achievements, team work experience, microsoft office skills, strategic thinking, derivatives knowledge, describe a LBO process, DCF method, multiple method, dividend model

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in July 2015.

Interview

Online application, call from HR to go in a few days later. Interview with an associate and an analyst. Very casual, a few technical questions. People were friendly and helpful. Told me a lot about their intern program at the end. Quite short notice for the interview from HR, not a lot of time to prep.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Pune (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

1st- screening test. basic cs questions from all subjects were asked. covered breadth of topics
    later personal interview as followed. It was miz of HR+ technical.
    formal attire was expected and questioned if absent.
    Interviews were more informal and personality oriented.

Interview Questions

• college projects?
      special skills?