Deutsche Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017
1,214 Interview Reviews

1,214 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

On campus interviews for the first round. Second was on the phone due to bad weather (could not fly to New York City). I believe there was a dinner - but everything should be thought of as an interview.

Corporate Banking Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2017.

Interview

I applied to the accelerated recruiting program and got an interview. The moment I walked in I realized they had no intention of hiring me. The "interview" started before the second interviewer even got there and they didn't ask me any behavioral or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• They pretty much went down my resume asking me general questions about it.   Answer Question

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with three people from the department for a half hour each. The interview was pretty standard each interviewer went through my resume and asked about whatever experience they wanted to now more about. One of my interviewers --the most senior in title was super awkward. He gave me a hypothetical with no context, I asked for clarification and it became more confusing. I gave up and said I have no idea and he gave me a simple answer which would have made sense if the hypo was complete. This interviewer also left no opportunity for questions and kept asking me how could he know that I wouldn't quit the job after a short time because of my past experiences --he asked me at least three times. It's kind of obvious I was a consultant we work on contracts I wasn't quitting. Oh well. It was the most bizarre questioning I have ever experienced. The bank emphasizes that interviews go both ways and questions are expected from the interviewee - not in this case.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Brief HR screening a few days after applying online. Two on-site visits with a couple interviews each, with one phone interview in between. Some interviewers video-connected from other locations. This was a quant role, so there were quantitative questions, but all very reasonable and relevant. One interview, with my future manager, was in a form of quantitative discussion with different business-related situations. In the middle of the last on-site visit they already expressed they liked my candidacy and passionately advertised the job. During the final conversation we discussed the financials, where they told me my desired salary was impossible, but they were sponsoring visa. They ended up giving an offer over phone with slightly less money, which I happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Some relatively simple combinatorics and probability questions, some of which tailored to what would have to deal with at work. What is today's Dow Jones index.   Answer Question

AML Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Pre-screening interview with hiring manager. Then two separate interviews over the phone. Overall easy interviews, mostly talking back and forth asking questions about the role and speaking on resume.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

One on-campus interview with two interviewers, then two final round interviews in their North Carolina office. The HR person I was in contact with was very nice and all of my interviewers were very pleasant to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your project and the challenges you faced   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Associate summer internship during my MBA led to a full time offer. On campus interviews were required to get an internship offer and after the 10 week interview process they may give an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's the rationale for investing in a biotech company vs. an aircraft leasing business.   1 Answer

Functional Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2017.

Interview

First off the hiring manager forgot to call me, luckily the recruiter gave me the work number and I called. Completely unprepared and was unaware of our telephone meeting.

Interviewed for a contract position. Even though I was not a fit, I found his deameanor very rude and arrogant. Cut me off mid sentence and told me "NO" right away. Then in a blustering tone told me the team was looking for a tech savvy individual and then asked me if I knew a some trading terminology. Even though I knew the answer to the question, I answered with a "no I don't know". At that moment I wanted to end the telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, but only related to trade surveillance   1 Answer

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online then received an email asking to set a date and time for a phone interview. The email instructed me to respond with my availability then I would receive a confirmation for the date and time of the phone call. I did as instructed but never received a confirmation. After about three days, I followed up with an email. I received a response scheduling the phone interview for the following morning.

The phone interview lasted approximately ten minutes. The interviewer basically just went over my resume and asked for a few more details. At the end, the interviewer told me it appeared that I was well qualified for the position. She said she was going to forward my information to the hiring manager who should contact me within ten business days to schedule an in person interview.

I waited about 12-13 business days without a response. I followed up with an email and was told the position had been filled. I was left with the impression that I was being blown off. Either that or the hiring process is disorganized. If it was the former, I would have appreciated being told up front that I was not qualified.

AVP-Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Received phone interview after applying online after more than two weeks. After initial phone interview, scheduled for in-person interview at New York office. In- person interview schedule came after about two weeks.