Deutsche Bank Assistant Vice President - Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deutsche Bank Assistant Vice President - Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Deutsche Bank

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Raleigh, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I hope this review will help as I did a lot of research. In September I interviewed for 2 roles (back office & front office) with Deutsche bank in Jacksonville Florida. I did 2 interviews each (4 total) just a few days apart. Every thing went well. This was through a recruiter.
After the interviews I did not hear back until December. I kept on pinging my recruiter to find out during that time and he said that he has not heard anything and they have a slow process.

Anyways, I hear back in December and they explained that one of the roles is open if I was still interested. They explained that there was a hire freeze for externals and now it's open. So I said yes, I am still interested. I did my 5th interview but at this point it was very generic. Personality and over my resume. The initial interviews were more technical.

Interview Questions

• Basin Unix and db questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Anyways, after that 5th interview, they said I was hired. So now it went through the approval phase (2 weeks due to Christmas holidays) and then drug screen and fingerprint and background check another 2 weeks. Over all process 6 month. They helped with a relocation package and the base was what I was expecting. Waiting for my clearance and I will give my 2 weeks and relocate with my family.

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Cary, NC).

Interview

It began with a phone interview then went to a one on one and then finally a group panel interview. There was a background check (criminal and credit). You have to give your fingerprints and take a drug test. There was a personality screening and some problem solving questions. They group interview is to see how likable you are. If you get to this point they have already determined that you have the skills for the job and now they are just seeing if you will fit with the team. If you can avoid being totally arrogant during this stage you have a very good shot at an offer.

Interview Questions

• What newspapers and magazines do you read and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have a pay range band. I was told there was no negotiation and I'd come in at the bottom of the pay band.

Assistant Vice President - Technology Interview

Interview

easy to medium level...4 interviews in person. focus on what previous projects were.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the company website and HR reached out to me 2 days later for a phone screening and to set up a phone interview. I had a phone interview 2 days after that call with the hiring manager and another VP on the technical side.

I was asked some technical questions mainly around Unix and SQL and the rest of the time was walking through my resume, personality and several behavioral questions. They both seemed very happy with my answers and was an overall positive call. The call lasted around 1 hour. Later that day HR reached out to me to set up a face to face interview ASAP so we arranged a day at the start of the next week.

I attended the interview which was solely with the hiring manager due to the other VP from the phone interview being off sick. I was asked several behavioral questions and again walked through my resume. I was also introduced to other team members. Interview lasted roughly 1.5 hours.

I was contacted by HR around 1 hour later who congratulated me and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• How would I extract certain data from a log file using unix commands?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Pune (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Written test which will def let you to scratch your head. Very very difficult for someone who do not have practiced in their current role.
    Vocal interview was quite good and logical. Asked many questions based on what is mentioned in your resume.
    All went good, but still waiting for HR call. Seems like they are quite busy or unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Pune (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Went through consultancy, it was an online tech test followed by 2 hour long interview. They asked everything possible related to the technology applied for. Not sure why they were having online test even at 9 year experience level. I was told the tech round was qualified and they will call for HR round. Still waiting to hear from them.

Assistant Vice President - Technology Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in May 2011.

Interview

3 rounds managerial, technical and HR

Assistant Vice President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Moscow (Russia)) in August 2013.

Interview

Couple phone interviews with HR.
    Two tech interviews about core java, multi threading, data structures.
    And last one with director where you need to explain why you wanted to work here and salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• lots of questions about java, multi threading and couple algorithmic questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Pune (India)).

Interview

I was contacted by Hexagon HR services and subsequently we scheduled an interview. On the interview day my time slot for Face 2 face interview was at 11 AM. When I reached I saw that there was a interview drive for various roles. I reached at 10.30 AM and was sitting waiting for my interview until 12.30 when I asked if the interview will be rescheduled? The outsourced HR services Hexagon said they cant find my CV which I gave to them 2 hours back. Finally at 30 mins they found it among a pile of paper and then I was told my interview was next. Meanwhile all candidates who came at my time had already finished and left. At 1 PM I asked when my interview will be conducted the said soon but then added that the panel will break for lunch at 1.15 PM so the interview will be at around 2. I could not wait 3 hours for an interview so I informed them that Im leaving and left. Hexagon started to come up with some excuse but this was very unprofessional. Seeing me other candidates waiting started asking the same question.

If Deutsche Bank allows such outsourced HR service to continue then it is adding a very bad impression as an employer. Very disappointing experience and unprofessional and I joined barclay's in a couple of weeks.