Deutsche Bank Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

3.2

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Analyst, Global Markets Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2016.

Interview

I got an online test invitation around one week after application. The test included two parts, reasoning questions followed by quantitative questions. Each part were about half an hour long.

Interview Questions

• By reading a short paragrah, choose Yes No or not clear.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Spoke with team members both on the phone and in person. It was a few different rounds. It was not too technical given that it was an analyst position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   1 Answer

Global Markets Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

there are one round of phone call and one superday. Phone call are mainly to test your personality.
    Superday consists with 3 rounds of 30 minutes interview. There are one VP who mainly do the asking and a senior level employee to observe. The questions are not that hard but they will dig deeper if you didnt say what they what to hear.

CB&S: Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was an o- campus interview with 3 different people. I met with each person for about 20 minutes. After a few days, I was Invited back for a super day that took place about 3 weeks later in Jacksonville. The Jacksonville super day was only an hour long. I had 2 interviews that lasted about thirty minutes each. Both interview sessions had two interviewers. The first set was fast-paced and high-pressure. I got grilled about the greek crisis and my prior work history. I was also asked a brain teaser. The second group I met with was much more "fit" oriented. They were very nice guys, and we got along great.

Interview Questions

• Asked very detailed questions about the greek crisis.
      Brain Teaser: you have a rope that will take 1 hour to burn, but each section of the rope burns at a different rate. How can you know when 30 minutes has passed?   1 Answer

Global Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There are 2 rounds. I applied through on campus recruiting. The first round is on campus. They got back to me the next day and invited me to a super day. The super day in NY. Super day is only one interview with 2 MDs. All interviewers are very nice and friendly. Didn't get to ask hard questions.

Interview Questions

• general markets questions. And why trading etc.   1 Answer

Global Markets Trading Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

It was on campus interview.
    I interviewed with a guy from England.

It was typical one-on-one interview between me and a hiring manager.
    The interviewer will ask questions about my experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking in the optimal candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• What if you have bad colleague in your team?
      How can you handle?   1 Answer

Global Markets Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

Interview

One round phone interview, including behavioural questions and basic questions such as" talk about what's new on the markets", basically to test whether you are following the market properly.
    Final interview includes two rounds. Interviewee meet with two interviewers each time. The final interview is very technical, includes lots of follow-up questions. There were several basic math questions but not very difficult. I was also asked "what's the gdp growth rate of India?" "what's the relation between Rubble and some southeast countries currencies" "plan QE as you are ECB"

Interview Questions

• The interviewers tried to get to know your capacity to compare different markets and allocate resources. It's helpful to know fundamentals and economic policies of all the important economies.   Answer Question

CB&S Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

On campus recruiting at a target school. Had name pulled after an information session, selected for first round interview. One on one interview, meshed well with interviewer and was called back for on-site super day. One 45 minute 2:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what's happening with rates right now. What will happen at the Fed's next meeting? What is the mandate of the fed? What's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Initial communication was through email, the entire internship process took a week since the day I was contacted. Had two interviews total. The interview time was sort of bad; it was during finals. However, they were flexible and instead of an in person interview, I opted for a phone interview instead. People were very friendly and it was an educational experience.

Research Analyst, Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and after what seemed quite a while, got an email from the recruiting team asking if I was interested for the position.
    After I replied with a yes, I got a phone call the following day where they talked about the position and what they were looking for and asked me to talk about myself. Very basic phone call.
    Next, they invited me for the super day while on call and sent me an email with the formalities and information. The interview was for 1.5 hours with 30 mins of back-to-back interviewing with the people from the team. This was scheduled for one week after the phone call.

The interview was in NY at their Wall St office. My time slot had two other students with me who'd flown in from different cities.
    The first interview was casual. I was asked to talk about myself and stuff listed on the resume. There were a few behavioral questions. And that's about it. In short, there was nothing that stood out. Very general.
    The second interview was again related to my resume. Nothing behavioral. I was asked questions about my views on the market and my courses in school.
    The third interview was again market and project related. I was asked questions about my project in much detail though, not just the overview.

The interviewers were friendly sure, but they seemed distracted. I would've said that it was maybe my fault, and it surely could've been, but the way they started talking from the go itself felt as if they were doing it for formality sake, I guess. It wasn't a bad experience, but it wasn't what I expected it to be either.
    Also, I read a lot of interview reviews for DB here, but this wasn't like them. These interviewers weren't there for the behavioral skills and confidence. They wanted someone who was really good with markets, and more.

Interview Questions

• What are your views on the market at the moment?   Answer Question
    • What are your views on the oil prices?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a difference of opinion between you and your teammate   Answer Question
    • Tell me something, anything, that you would like to change about yourself   Answer Question