Deutsche Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017
1,091 Interview Reviews

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Went to a super day. First interview was in the morning and was a 2 on 1. Asked general questions. Received a call back at 12 that I made it to the final round. Consisted of two 2 on 1 interviews in the afternoon. Interviews were much different from each other. One asked a lot of questions, some technical and Google-esque. The other hardly asked me any questions and just ket flipping through my resume.

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Interview

I meet a recruiter at a school job fair who said they would be in touch. I had completely forgotten about DB when I received a phone call to go in for an interview. I was interviewed by two people. Weeks later I received an offer from DB.

Interview Questions

I decided to decline because the offer did not justify relocating.

Clearing Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Was a quick 30 minute interview where the interviewer explained the position and why it is needed. Than, he turned the tables and it was me asking the questions. Overall, it was very laid back.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview, basic questions, they seemed disinterested in the process, two 15 minute interview, if you made past that round, 3 more in-person interviews would take place. Tell me about yourself, how does course work relate to position, explain resume, are you good with these programs, etc.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruited from a core school:
    2 20minute interviews with alumni, if selected, followed by 2 30minute interviews for their Super-Day. Was very easy, and clear throughout the entire process. DB wants people that are genuinely interested in working for the bank, rather then just landing an IB internship... if you have an interview and are there for the wrong reasons you will be exposed come interview time.

Interview Questions

• The first round interviews stressed my knowledge of basic accounting concepts/valuations. The most important questions are "Why IB/DB"

Super-Day was tough being that mine took place over the phone instead of in the office (NYC). 1 was all fit, one was 25% fit/ 75% technical

Questions:
      What is Brexit? How does it impact the economy?
      Where is the market headed?
      What do I get with an EPS, P/E, EBITDA multiple?
      What do you know about LBOs?
      What do I look for on the financial statements when analyzing a company (aside from the first and second answer I gave them)?
      Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

2 30 minutes interviews with 2 different groups of interviewers. Mostly behavioral questions. Only one technical question. Two interviewers are actually business analysts and did not have any technical questions to ask so they let me go early.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Raleigh, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

So I'm going to keep this story short.

The recruiter contacted me in September and my friend and I flew out to NC for the interview in November. The recruiter was extremely unresponsive that my friend had to call up her manager to see what's going on.

Not only that, the recruiter kept changing the interview time, which was extremely frustrating since we had classes and projects going on; it was really overwhelming that we don't have a definite plan.

After the interview, the recruiter told us that the position is almost filled with all the former interns...which made us feel like they're wasting our time. She told us that we'll hear back in two weeks.

And guess what, we did not hear back until today -- end of January, which is two months later, saying that the position is filled.

Most unprofessional company I have ever encountered.

Oh, and one of the interviewers was extremely ignorant towards my friend just because she's a computer engineer and they're looking for software engineers. He basically told her that the company needs people who know software, and she's not one of them.

If you want to see what a company's like, look at its employees.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class?
      What is polymorphism? Why would you use it?
      Determine if a string is palindrome.
      What is object oriented programming?
      Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Boston, MA).

Interview

I had an interview over the phone for first rounds. This interview was a cold call so there was no prep. The interviewer interviewed me on the spot. It lasted around 20 minutes and was not too difficult.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Cary, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I was invited to join the final interview round at DB office in Cary, NC. I had one-on-one interviews with a few team leaders. It only took them a few days to return with an offer

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions about working with a team. Technical questions include high level data structure questions. (stack, queue, etc...)   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

My first round interview was on-campus, only 30 minutes mixed with both behaviorals and techinical/brain teasers. It was just one on one for the first one. The final round was in NY and it was one 45 minutes two-on-one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some current events that you are interested in.   Answer Question