Deutsche Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017
1,251 Interview Reviews

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Associate summer internship during my MBA led to a full time offer. On campus interviews were required to get an internship offer and after the 10 week interview process they may give an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's the rationale for investing in a biotech company vs. an aircraft leasing business.   1 Answer

Functional Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2017.

Interview

First off the hiring manager forgot to call me, luckily the recruiter gave me the work number and I called. Completely unprepared and was unaware of our telephone meeting.

Interviewed for a contract position. Even though I was not a fit, I found his deameanor very rude and arrogant. Cut me off mid sentence and told me "NO" right away. Then in a blustering tone told me the team was looking for a tech savvy individual and then asked me if I knew a some trading terminology. Even though I knew the answer to the question, I answered with a "no I don't know". At that moment I wanted to end the telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, but only related to trade surveillance   1 Answer

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online then received an email asking to set a date and time for a phone interview. The email instructed me to respond with my availability then I would receive a confirmation for the date and time of the phone call. I did as instructed but never received a confirmation. After about three days, I followed up with an email. I received a response scheduling the phone interview for the following morning.

The phone interview lasted approximately ten minutes. The interviewer basically just went over my resume and asked for a few more details. At the end, the interviewer told me it appeared that I was well qualified for the position. She said she was going to forward my information to the hiring manager who should contact me within ten business days to schedule an in person interview.

I waited about 12-13 business days without a response. I followed up with an email and was told the position had been filled. I was left with the impression that I was being blown off. Either that or the hiring process is disorganized. If it was the former, I would have appreciated being told up front that I was not qualified.

AVP-Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Received phone interview after applying online after more than two weeks. After initial phone interview, scheduled for in-person interview at New York office. In- person interview schedule came after about two weeks.

Incident Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2017.

Interview

I was notified by a recruiter about a phone screen and to choose times for that. She called and that went well. Two weeks later I called her and asked for the status and she said I would be getting an email scheduling an interview with the hiring manager. I responded to the email listing a time but the reply from the recruiter was that it was too early. I replied that I was open for the week and they had difficulty scheduling. A negative was that I was told that we don't get days off. We have to earn them. I would be working 7 days a week and more.

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Received interest via indeed , responded and received a phone conference explaining the job.

A week later received a f2f interview time and datr. Following week interviewed for the position

Interviewed with 6 people total to speed up process, broken up in groups of two at 30 min increments.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • What are some things you learned from this interview today?   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose Deautsche bank?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do your research on the company
    Make sure everything on your resume is accurate and not fluff because they will comb through every piece of it and ask questions .

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

First round was a phone interview. It was not very intimidating, because the questions were all behavioral. There were two interviewers, and they asked questions in turns. It lasts about 20 minutes.

TechnologyProgram Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Overview:
    I had applied online and more or less forgotten about it until about a week before my scheduled interview. I was told that all arrangements would pretty much be taken care of, to get me to fly into Manhattan on Thursday (interview day) morning. I would be scheduled to fly out later that evening after 6:00PM. Depending on how we did in our first round, we either got called back or didn't. The final round interview was the following day and DB took care of all arrangements there as well. Hotel, rebooking flights, etc.

First Round:
    A few of the candidates are all seated together in a communal waiting room for their interview. We were never quite sure how many interviewers there were, but we all got different experiences. For me personally, I had one technology oriented interviewer and one more financially oriented. This interview was a mix of both technical as well as behavioral, although mine veered more toward technical. The interviewers were great, it felt more like an intellectual conversation than an interview. Know your resume and know what you've written about on you resume. Brush up on some of your concepts, but don't need to be a master of everything.

Final Round:
    The next day we had two back to back interviewers. This was purely behavioral, although my first interview had me sweating, I made sure to maintain my ground in the second. A lot of your typical behavioral questions. Nothing too intensive, it was intimidating though.

Offer:
    I got a call from DB extending an offer to me that very next Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• Why DB? Why finance? Difference between Java & C? Why you?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions for the first round, then two 30-minute interviews for the second round. Second round consists of behavioral interview as well as a technical interview. Technical interview asked questions pertaining to my major and how I would improve it.

Interview Questions

• I assume you're familiar with Agile Methodology, how would you improve it?   Answer Question

Deutsche Bank TechnologyProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Invited to interview in New York. First round on Thursday and followed my 2 second round interviews on Friday. I felt like the people who interviewed me were very dry. They kept asking me questions and cutting me off during my answers and eventually ran out of time for me to ask them questions. All behavioral first round.

Interview Questions

• Why DB?
      Projects?
      3 strengths and 3 weakness?
      Time you worked on project and faced challenge?   Answer Question