Deutsche Bank Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deutsche Bank Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Boston, MA).

Interview

I had an interview over the phone for first rounds. This interview was a cold call so there was no prep. The interviewer interviewed me on the spot. It lasted around 20 minutes and was not too difficult.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

1 Phone round
    1 Super Day - 3 back to back interviews with associates, VP and M.D. It basically evolved around basic accounting/finance questions. I was tested hard on technicals. The WSO Guides are a good resource to prepare for the interviews.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Did my first round on campus, two interviewers in one 30 min interview. Got a lot of technical questions but they were pretty standard. Also got several behaviorals, mainly about my resume experiences. Final round was mostly behaviorals. Two back to back interviews. Really liked the bank but didn't get it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied regularly, got the super day. Super day was rather intense, 10 technical questions and a bunch of brainteasers. Made it to the final round and got the job. Was told the day after

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Standard Superday process, 2:1 interview for the first round, then you get chosen to go to final round. Experience with interviewers: some were friendly, some were not. Just standard range of people as it would be with any bank. The process occurred over one day.

Interview Questions

• How does a $10 increase in depreciation affect the 3 financials statements?   1 Answer
    • What is WACC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Dropped a resume through campus recruiting and the bank's internal systems after having worked there in a different division. Once resume was pulled, had a super day at the Manhattan office. First round was an associate and a VP (split between behavioral and technical) with cuts made at lunch, and the final round consisted of two separate interviews, one with a director (highly technical after a brief behavioral portion) and one with an MD (all behavioral, not technical).

Interview Questions

• How would you value [local business]? How did you choose your comparables?   Answer Question
    • You mentioned [company]. Given the current market environment, how would you estimate its cost of capital?   Answer Question
    • How do financial sponsors make money? How do they liquidate their assets?   1 Answer
    • Walk me through an IPO, bond issuance, and LBO.   Answer Question
    • What are the different methods of valuing a company?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not a pleasant experience. Probably I could describe that as a typical IB first round interview. Went to info session held by school career center, networked with several bankers and alumni, got the phone interview, which was 100% behavioral, and then hadn't heard a word from them. I think they screen people based on your freshman summer intern. If you don't have the right background, then your chance is low.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Lateral hire interview. Process was quick. 1 day of meeting with 5-6 people from different departments. Basically they wanted to have you meet as many people as possible, and if the big boss likes you and no other person speaks anything particularly bad about you, then you're in. Offer was handed out fairly quickly, mine was done through a headhunter though, believe the headhunter pushes as well.

Interview Questions

• Usual ones, e.g. valuation methodologies, fit questions (why do you want to join DB, introduce yourself, past deal expereince)   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2013.

Interview

Had phone interview with associate. Asked the standard investment banking questions for the first round including technicals and what I did this summer. HR got back within a week for invite for superday. Superday the was the following week. Flew out and had four interviews; met with associates and up in the team. Received an offer the night of.

Interview Questions

• Lets say you're a company and you're paying your employees with all cash. Now you decide to pay them half with cash and half with stock compensation. How does this effect the three statements?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

I applied through my college's campus recruiting website. My first round interview was on campus. They asked a lot of questions about my resume and then why I wanted to be in banking. Second round was at DB and was very similar but more specific about details. Only one on site interview. I then toured a couple of groups and received the offer later in the day.