Deutsche Bank Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deutsche Bank Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Deutsche Bank

3.2

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

First got an email from an analyst. One round of phone interviews. Next round was out in the office for the super day. Met with six members of the team, three two on one interviews. Mix of fit and technicals.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Nashville, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

On campus interview

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

I applied through my college's campus recruiting website. My first round interview was on campus. They asked a lot of questions about my resume and then why I wanted to be in banking. Second round was at DB and was very similar but more specific about details. Only one on site interview. I then toured a couple of groups and received the offer later in the day.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2013.

Interview

Had phone interview with associate. Asked the standard investment banking questions for the first round including technicals and what I did this summer. HR got back within a week for invite for superday. Superday the was the following week. Flew out and had four interviews; met with associates and up in the team. Received an offer the night of.

Interview Questions

• Lets say you're a company and you're paying your employees with all cash. Now you decide to pay them half with cash and half with stock compensation. How does this effect the three statements?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in September 2013.

Interview

First round. 1 hour interview with three people from the bank, including one HR and two senior managers. The interview was pretty straight forward, the HR will talk with you about different programs they offer and other two ask some basic behavioral questions and technical questions. They are very friendly people.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Dropped a resume through campus recruiting and the bank's internal systems after having worked there in a different division. Once resume was pulled, had a super day at the Manhattan office. First round was an associate and a VP (split between behavioral and technical) with cuts made at lunch, and the final round consisted of two separate interviews, one with a director (highly technical after a brief behavioral portion) and one with an MD (all behavioral, not technical).

Interview Questions

• How would you value [local business]? How did you choose your comparables?   Answer Question
    • You mentioned [company]. Given the current market environment, how would you estimate its cost of capital?   Answer Question
    • How do financial sponsors make money? How do they liquidate their assets?   1 Answer
    • Walk me through an IPO, bond issuance, and LBO.   Answer Question
    • What are the different methods of valuing a company?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Did my first round on campus, two interviewers in one 30 min interview. Got a lot of technical questions but they were pretty standard. Also got several behaviorals, mainly about my resume experiences. Final round was mostly behaviorals. Two back to back interviews. Really liked the bank but didn't get it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied regularly, got the super day. Super day was rather intense, 10 technical questions and a bunch of brainteasers. Made it to the final round and got the job. Was told the day after

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Lateral hire interview. Process was quick. 1 day of meeting with 5-6 people from different departments. Basically they wanted to have you meet as many people as possible, and if the big boss likes you and no other person speaks anything particularly bad about you, then you're in. Offer was handed out fairly quickly, mine was done through a headhunter though, believe the headhunter pushes as well.

Interview Questions

• Usual ones, e.g. valuation methodologies, fit questions (why do you want to join DB, introduce yourself, past deal expereince)   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was very technical with questions about the financial statements. While you should know all of this given the job you're applying for, it seemed like they were trying to trick you rather than assess your intelligence.

Interview Questions

• Explain how a change in depreciation would affect the various financial statements?   Answer Question