Deutsche Bank Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deutsche Bank Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2016

3.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruited from a core school:
2 20minute interviews with alumni, if selected, followed by 2 30minute interviews for their Super-Day. Was very easy, and clear throughout the entire process. DB wants people that are genuinely interested in working for the bank, rather then just landing an IB internship... if you have an interview and are there for the wrong reasons you will be exposed come interview time.

Interview Questions

• The first round interviews stressed my knowledge of basic accounting concepts/valuations. The most important questions are "Why IB/DB"

Super-Day was tough being that mine took place over the phone instead of in the office (NYC). 1 was all fit, one was 25% fit/ 75% technical

Questions:
    What is Brexit? How does it impact the economy?
    Where is the market headed?
    What do I get with an EPS, P/E, EBITDA multiple?
    What do you know about LBOs?
    What do I look for on the financial statements when analyzing a company (aside from the first and second answer I gave them)?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews with director and vice president levels. They asked mostly behavioral questions to see if you fit for the role. I wouldn't worry too much. There were no technical questions. asked

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got invited to super day about a week after deadlines ended. 2 on 1 interview with two VPs, friendly atmosphere. Heavily technical, not only the basic technicals but the rationale and reasoning behind why things are down the way they are. Pressure test focused, got pushed right at the start.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 ways to value a company? What is the rationale behind each method? Please rank the 3 methods in order of valuation and explain why   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and university alumni at firm secured superday spots. Superday consisted of 30 minute first round interview with two associates. If selected, move on to two 30 minute final round interviews with director / managing directors.

Interview Questions

• Can you name some of the valuation methodologies?   1 Answer
    • Can you walk me through how an investment banker would help to sell a company? (walk me through the sell-side process)   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

2 on 1 interview. one of the interviewers was the technical side and the other was behavioral. Basically just went through my resume. very friendly and seems like a good place to work. they spoke to each other a little, which eased off some of the tension. asked me to walk him through a DCF and then wanted me to discuss WACC.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF. What is WACC and how do you calculate it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

One screening phone interview and two panel interviews with senior people (7+ years work experience) in New York for the Hong Kong position. Technical and market based questions. Look very deep into resume. There was a translation test after the second panel interview........ Got the offer very soon and the HR is very nice to answer your questions.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2014.

Interview

Submitted application via University Job Posting. 1st rounds are two 30 minute interviews that were purely technical. Some questions seemed as though they were a test of how you did under pressure, as opposed to actual finance knowledge, but it doesn't hurt to actually know all of the answers.

Called back for superday in office. 5 interviews, 20 minutes each. Everyone was extremely friendly and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know you personally. Easily the most enjoyable superday process I had gone through. First round was much more technical than the superday.

Interview Questions

• -Walk me through an LBO
      -How would you approximate the IRR of an LBO without a calculator?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, all interns are paid the same

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

It was for their sophomore diversity program. I applied on their website. The application included resume submission and an essay. I heard back in about a month, and was invited to their NYC office for a super day. The super day had two rounds of interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all behavioral. Some candidates received technical questions based on their previous internship experience in finance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Notre Dame, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a campus interview. It consisted of two days of interviewing. The first day was one inteview- a half behavioral half technical invterview with a VP from NY. The second day consisted of two half hour back to back interviews. One was very technical. The other one was solely behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Standard interview questions, no curve balls, and make sure you ace the behavioral part. A strong grasp on the three fundamental valuation methodologies is key. Understand why they exist and which one to use under which situation, the pros and cons. Tell me about yourself is a determined factor.

Interview Questions

• I was given a situation and asked what advice I would provide.   1 Answer