Deutsche Bank Interview Questions in Jacksonville, FL | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Brief HR screening a few days after applying online. Two on-site visits with a couple interviews each, with one phone interview in between. Some interviewers video-connected from other locations. This was a quant role, so there were quantitative questions, but all very reasonable and relevant. One interview, with my future manager, was in a form of quantitative discussion with different business-related situations. In the middle of the last on-site visit they already expressed they liked my candidacy and passionately advertised the job. During the final conversation we discussed the financials, where they told me my desired salary was impossible, but they were sponsoring visa. They ended up giving an offer over phone with slightly less money, which I happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Some relatively simple combinatorics and probability questions, some of which tailored to what would have to deal with at work. What is today's Dow Jones index.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Hiring process was simple.. I applied and I was contacted by one person that then told me I would hear from a scheduler.This part of the process was the most pleasant for me . I didn't have my negative experience until the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview was fine but the manager that interviewed me took more joy in asking me questions trying to make me look like a fool. Some of the questions were questions that I know he wasn't asking other interviewees. So if you are applying for AML study up on positions you may have held 10 years ago because if you have the interview with him he will ask you details about it. I personal forgot every nook and cranny about the job I had 10 years ago unfortunately but he took it as an opportunity to make a fool out of me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online then received an email asking to set a date and time for a phone interview. The email instructed me to respond with my availability then I would receive a confirmation for the date and time of the phone call. I did as instructed but never received a confirmation. After about three days, I followed up with an email. I received a response scheduling the phone interview for the following morning.

The phone interview lasted approximately ten minutes. The interviewer basically just went over my resume and asked for a few more details. At the end, the interviewer told me it appeared that I was well qualified for the position. She said she was going to forward my information to the hiring manager who should contact me within ten business days to schedule an in person interview.

I waited about 12-13 business days without a response. I followed up with an email and was told the position had been filled. I was left with the impression that I was being blown off. Either that or the hiring process is disorganized. If it was the former, I would have appreciated being told up front that I was not qualified.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Received interest via indeed , responded and received a phone conference explaining the job.

A week later received a f2f interview time and datr. Following week interviewed for the position

Interviewed with 6 people total to speed up process, broken up in groups of two at 30 min increments.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • What are some things you learned from this interview today?   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose Deautsche bank?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do your research on the company
    Make sure everything on your resume is accurate and not fluff because they will comb through every piece of it and ask questions .

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Two Phone Interviews. Short Pre-screening and 45 Minute one with hiring manager. The Pre-screening was reviewing my resume. The one on one was more of how I would be in position. Covering times where you've had leadership, project management opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experiences that were beneficial to their company.   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I got my first round interview at my University Campus, it was a one on one interview. It took an hour. I was ask to introduce myself and why S&T. I thought I got to the superday because I have background experience for S&T internship from last summer.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Pretty quick. Phone screen, 1st round, 2nd round, and an hr phone interview. HR interview was the most challenging with very text book behavioral type questions. Tell me a time when.... What is your definition of success, etc. overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of success? Are you mentally prepared to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Brought me down to Jacksonville overnight for an interview. Forgot to mention to me that they DON'T REIMBURSE FOR MEALS. What? I've never heard of that before. Also, I checked out the kitchen. They provide nothing to their employees. I didn't even see bottles of water. Now I understand that this is all food-related, and that's not typically how you decide on a job, but I think both of those signs are particularly telling. I think it best describes the state of the company and the (lack of) respect it has for it's employees -- at least in Jacksonville.

The interview itself was your typical research interview. They really have to sell you to get to Jacksonville and it feels like they knew this.

Interview Questions

• Mostly fit questions. Also lots of "tell me about a time.."   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at Deutsche's Jacksonville site and contra to the previous review, I had a great experience. Interview was straightforward and common feel of interviews on the street; was interviewed by MD, VP, assoc, and an analyst. It didn't seem like Deutsche spared any expense on Jacksonville as the site is nice with a full gym and some other common BB amenities. For what it's worth, they did feed us lunch. Not sure what the previous reviewer was talking about, but hey, what firm would want to hire someone more concerned about being offered water and reimbursed instead of focusing on getting the offer? I feel bad for someone with that level of entitlement. Obviously that previous reviewer's hunger for food to be provided outweighed their hunger to interview well and provide quality research for a firm.

Interview Questions

• Was asked how I would value companies in varying sectors. Was asked how I would model maint-capex (MCX) for a frac sand MLP earlier in the year. There were some fit questions based around my story in making it from a non-target to a BB interview. Was also asked a little about current market environment and to pitch a few stocks.   1 Answer

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Two Round and the first was just go through the resume and the second round is an indian VP who was in London. He asked me some questions based on my resume. Also he asked me a brainteaser which is very easy. The interview is not very hard. And that's it.Also he asked me a brainteaser which is very easy. The interview is not very hard. And that's it.Also he asked me a brainteaser which is very easy. The interview is not very hard. And that's it.