Deutsche Bank Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ | Glassdoor

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

QA Lead Assistant Vice President (Jersey City) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

6 interviewers claiming to be "superstars" (They actually said they are all superstars and are looking to add one more. Hmm ok!). They had very heavy & obnoxious foreign accents that I could barely understand.

Interview Questions

• 1) If you have ***^@&#^@# lots of mispronounced words*** what would you do?   1 Answer
    • 2) If you have 2 classes ***@#@#@# more mispronounced words*** what would you do?   1 Answer
    • 3) ***silence*** Actually never mind!   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

They were hiring through this middle vendor Xebia. I never heard about the company before, but now I know why. Xebia has a bunch of jokers who claim they are working in Deutsche Bank and do fake interviews. Later they go back on their words and tell you that the next stage is the phone interview with Deutsche Bank. A guy who is working in the Jersey City Branch of Deutsche Bank calls you and talks like you are some chicken in his whole poultry thing. Almost felt like it's a head count company that had no preference towards who they are going to hire and what is the technical proficiency needed to be hired for high end positions. One more thing they advertise the position in New York City and after the interview is done, they say the position is actually in Jersey city. I mean talk about mis direction and being dishonest towards people who will actually come and work for you. Save your self and avoid this company and it's shady vendor Xebia.

Interview Questions

• Describe your Past experience.
      Have you used Qlikview before in other projects?
      What is your data warehousing background?
      Have you worked in Maintenance Projects before. What were the challenges you faced during the process?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Was supposed to be interviewing with two individual but just met with one. The questions where not hard and not really what I was expecting. When I walked in the place deems very dead, just a group of individuals in front of their desktop computer analyzing data.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

The process to 3 months. The interview process began with a phone screen from the recruiter and then 3 separate days of in person interviews. Interviewed with a total of 9 people. They mostly asked behavioral questions as well as questions on previous experience. Got the position but declined because during the 3 month waiting period, I had accepted a more preferable offer.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions: why do you want the job? experience? what do you know about Deutsche? and behavioral questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview started with past experience and working environment.The Interview was not hard.The interviewer was very knowledgeable and asked relevant questionare. The Onboarding process was quite lengthy. I had to go thru couple background and health test.

Interview Questions

• How do you gather the requirement? When do you consider a requirement is completed. Do you know what a use case is?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Met with several hiring managers over 2 days. Initially screened by internal HR recruiter prior to speaking with team members. Asked to explain experiences and skills listed on resume' in relation to how they related to the role. Received updates from HR recruiter after each day to confirm next step of interview process. Overall process was very straightforward and was offered position several days after meeting with group head.

Interview Questions

• How will your experiences and skills gained from prior roles provide value to the team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview took place on site with 3 different managers at 3 different times over the course of a week (a phone screen was held first). Took longer for a decision to be made that I felt was warranted for this level position.

Trust Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

interview set up thru recruiter who had placed several people on the team.
    2 interviews - 1 with team leader, and the other with 2 team members.

urine test upon offer being given.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none...salary of 35,000 was accepted.

Vice President, Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2009.

Interview

A friend of mine referred my resume to the Bank Recruiter for a Senior IT Project Manager position and coincidentally, there was an open position in the firm. Within a week, the recruiter called me and I had a 20-minute phone interview with her. She then set up a 1-on-1 in-person interview with the Hiring Manager. The hiring process was very well organized by the recruiter. One of the things I would say to folks looking for a job, especially in this tough condition, is not to be lax. Prepare well ahead of time even for a telephone conversation with a recruiter. This recruiter asked probing questions about salary, bonus, experience, position-specific skills, fit for the organization, etc. Be prepared with appropriate answers to the possible questions the recruiter might ask. Don't underestimate the knowledge and skills of the recruiter. Only if he or she feels that you have the qualifications for the open position, then he/she would take the next step and setup an interview with the hiring manager.

When I interviewed with the hiring manager, she was really ready and thorough in her preparations. She had all the questions prepared. Also, I am not sure about other people. This interviewer (hiring lady) was fairly good looking and came to the interview with body parts shown and it was extremely difficult for me to focus on the interview and keep my eyes focused on her face. I regrouped in 10 seconds and everything was OK from that point onwards. Something to think about before getting into a 1-on-1 with somebody for an interview when you desperately need THAT job.

Be prepared to follow all the basic rules of the interview. Shake hands well, prepare your introductory hello, walking behind the interviewer, opening the door for him/her, sit on the chair when he or she says so, etc. Say hello to the receptionist and follow all the etiquettes rigorously. Since this was an IT department, people were dressed casually and overall, everyone I met was very good.

In the interview, the hiring lady threw a curve ball and details in the next section.

Interview Questions

• 1. How many people have you managed at your present work? What are the challenges you faced and how did you handle them?   2 Answers
    • 2. She asked examples of specific IT projects that I managed (mentioned in the resume) and asked me to go through individual components of the project phases. There were follow up questions to this and we spent about 15 minutes on this.   1 Answer
    • 3. She asked me about the largest project I managed, scope of work, what were the challenges, lessons learned, what were the lessons learned / feedback from the customers and what would I do differently in this project?

For the same question, she asked about the Finances relating to the projects. She was also looking for numbers in terms of servers built, applications deployed, etc. Also, details about cost, time, scope, and savings.   1 Answer
    • 4. If my boss were to say anything about me, what would he/she say? Would he complement my work or would he provide mediocore reference or bad review about me?

5. Follow up question: What would my customers say about me?

6. What do you know about the organization?   1 Answer
    • 7. Since this was IT Project Manager position, there were several questions about how you would make decisions, handle situations, manage/coach/mentor team members, perform reviews, and guide the team.

8. This is important. Everybody asks this question in interviews. She asked this in my interview as well. "What is your style of management?"

9. She asked questions about handling requests coming in from multiple customers, and how I would handle them.   1 Answer