Deutsche Bank Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

3.2

145 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Vice President Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very quick and efficient process. I applied online for a role and subsequently had 2 interviews with the hiring manager and his manager. The process was very smooth and well managed, decisions made quickly and candidate informed throughout. Good questions were asked which were relevant in assessing if I would be a good fit to perform the role. They looked at the transferable skills in addition to what I have specifically done before which is very useful as no 2 jobs are exactly the same and it is important to give a candidate a change to do something different if they can prove that they have done similar things and can learn quickly.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your past experience when managing a team?
      Why would you be good at this job?   Answer Question

Quantitative Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Two rounds of phone and on-line site interviews followed by the HR interview.

Company verbally indicated that they want to make an offer, but retracted it after the HR stage without adequate explanation.

Interview Questions

• Write a C++ function to reverse a string   Answer Question
    • What kind of data would be required by a GPS like Google Maps to plot optimal routes around the UK? How much data would it be? What data structures would you use? How would you search for the quickest or shortest route from A to B using this data?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

attended spring week, friday was an assessment day
    3 interviews: competency, business acumen, case study
    case study could choose to be a business analyst or software developer
    all interviews 1:1
    there was also assessment during the week e.g. DB employees could recommend interns and some had to fill in reviews

Interview Questions

• What do you want from your life? How do you define success?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

The process was good. I applied during the last week of December. Got moved forward to take the test a week or two later. The only problem was that I didn't hear back from them for another month/month and a half. I assumed I didn't succeed for I've been told that they don't reject candidates outside of interviews until al spots have been filled. Anyways, received an email saying I've been moved forward. Has about 6 days to prepare. A recruiter sent an email 4 days before the in person interview with documents that could help the candidates out. Really amazing.

The interview went well. Met with two employees. A Vice President and a Director. Heard back the next day that I had been moved forward. Was given a little over a week to prepare for the AC. Met with group heads and managing directors. Tough 1:1 interviews. Heard back the next business day by phone that I was being offered a position.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 5 weeks. I applied online. Afterwards, I had to complete a numerical test online. Next, I had the first round interview. It was a competency interview and the interviewers (2:1) basically wanted to know a bit more info about myself and my motivation for applying for this role at DB. They were very nice. Finally, I had the final round interviews(1:1), 3 in total. I had to present a case study; I had to choose from a technical and a business solution. The second interview was a competency one (I found this one the hardest) and the third one was a mix of competency and technical knowledge. All the interviewers were amazing people, I learned lots of things from them.

SQL Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Initially I was introduced by a recruitment agency was told to expect a 1h interview with technical and non technical questions.
    I arrived at the office on time, but the hiring manager was about 15 minutes late as he accompanied out another candidate. He clarified that we had 30 minutes.
    There was a second interviewer, one of which spent a great deal of time talking about the system they work on and added that there were 2 slightly different positions they were hiring for.

The hiring manager was very apologetic but after about 15 minutes said that he had to leave the room to go in another meeting.
    As the second interviewer continued talking, without asking me questions, at the end I barely had 5 minutes to answer questions and talk about how I could contribute to the project and of my experience.
    At the end of the intervew it clearly transpired that they were not interested in interviewing me at all despite I was confident that my skills and experience were a very good match for the job specifications.

Interview Questions

• Given the explanation of the project and the system we work on, how do you think you fit in this role?   Answer Question

Global Markets Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Sent an initial online application for general Global Markets Associate position. I initially intended my application to be sent for an equity research role. After about a month of waiting, got an email that I was invited for the first-round interview scheduled two weeks later. About 4 days before the interview, I was told that my interview will be with the quantitative research team! Probably they chose this based on my CV, but it could have helped if they made this clear in the first place, not 4 days before the interview. Tried to scrape up as much as I could, but got completely shot down.

Absolutely no fit questions. Only technical.

Interview Questions

• You have the following dataset (interviewer drew a chart filled with randomly scattered point). How would you determine the relationship between variable X and Y?   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)).

Interview

95% Competency based, although it varies depending on who you interview with, and your finance experience. 1 numerical and 3 1-1 interviews. I applied in September, and had the interview in February. Make sure you are able to answer what you did during your earlier work experiences, and what it taught you.

Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

45mins case study preparation at the beginning, followed by one competency-based interview and one technical interview, finally present the case study for 10 mins and they asked questions for around 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• Did you work with someone who are difficult to deal with.   Answer Question

Graduate Outreach for Women (GROW) Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was straightforward, HR was very communicative throughout the 6 weeks, I got invited for a telephone interview that lasted 15minutes.Then I waited a week and got a call that my application was successful.