Deutsche Bank Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017

205 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was basic resume fit questions with basic market questions. There were some questions on how you would assess different types of risk and your understanding of the different roles within a risk department.

Human Resources Analyst Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then did an online assessment. A week later, i received an email to do a video interview with 2 women. Later that day after the interview i was called about coming to their NYC office for the final round at an HR Super day a week later. For the final round, it was two separate interviews, the first was with one man in HR and the final was with two men in HR. Was grilled with questions about my experience on my resume and was asked specific questions about the HR industry of the places i had previously interned at. Long story short - if you have it on your resume, you should absolutely be able to talk about it in great detail. After my interview, I received a call the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me chronologically through your resume   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with a large amount of data   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a breach in confidentiality (or how would you deal with that)   Answer Question
    • What part of HR do you least enjoy   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your campus involvement.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, heard back in 2-3 weeks. First 30 min round in the morning with Associate and VP about resume and technicals. Invited back for two 30 min rounds in the afternoon with MDs that were mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about resume, background, why investment banking   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

first is the phone interview by an employee. then in person invitation comes if you're successful. the in person is for GTB in DB. I'm only at the phone interview stage. I will will hear back in a few or more days.

Global Transaction Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Application, Phone Interview, and In-Person Interview. People were very nice and you got to know the current analysts in the rotational program prior to interviewing. I attended a Look Forward To It networking event, which gave me insight on the program and the people there. I was interviewed by two Vice Presidents.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that your integrity could have been compromised.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I had an interview on campus and then was invited to NYC for a site interview/super day. The interviewers were fine, none of them were particularly nice/smiley during the interview so it was hard to read their reactions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encountered an unethical situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume online with a cover letter. Heard back quickly and was flown out the next week.
    I came into to New York early in the morning for a first round interview and wandered lower Manhattan until they called me to say they were not moving me forward.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with three people from the department for a half hour each. The interview was pretty standard each interviewer went through my resume and asked about whatever experience they wanted to now more about. One of my interviewers --the most senior in title was super awkward. He gave me a hypothetical with no context, I asked for clarification and it became more confusing. I gave up and said I have no idea and he gave me a simple answer which would have made sense if the hypo was complete. This interviewer also left no opportunity for questions and kept asking me how could he know that I wouldn't quit the job after a short time because of my past experiences --he asked me at least three times. It's kind of obvious I was a consultant we work on contracts I wasn't quitting. Oh well. It was the most bizarre questioning I have ever experienced. The bank emphasizes that interviews go both ways and questions are expected from the interviewee - not in this case.

KYC/AML Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I was already a consultant, so in the process of transitioning to a permanent employee was seamless. It was quick and straight to the point. HR needed some viable information like my current pay through my agency, my prior experiences, any certifications and my educational background. After all of that was brought into the forefront, an initial offer was made to me for $75K annually. I submitted a counteroffer because I was offered a position at a rival bank. My counteroffer was bumped to $85k annually and a 4% bonus. Not bad, I guess for an Associate role. Also, 4 weeks vacation/pto is a pretty sweet deal. No complaints.

Interview Questions

• What achievements did you accomplish in your current role?
      How did your educational background prepare you for this role?   Answer Question

DCM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

two phone screens with associates in Jax and NY followed by two super days in Jax and NY, respectively. Both super days were long - met at least 9 people in both cities.

Interview Questions

• Why DCM? Why Jax? What is going on in the markets right now? Why do you not want to work in NY? Why this group?   Answer Question