Deutsche Bank Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deutsche Bank Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Deutsche Bank

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through the school system, and got an on campus interview. This was my first interview ever and it was a 2 on 1 with a director and a managing director. Pretty intense. I didn't get the offer, but it was still a good experience.

For our school, the process is one on campus interview and then those who move on go to super day.
I think like 100 people applied, 20 got interviews, 6-7 went to superday and only 3 got the job. Something like that. Very selective

Interview Questions

• What is 29 x 31?
    Surprisingly, they didn't ask me much on the markets. They asked a lot more personal and resume questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Fly you in for a 1 30 minute interview. Call you an hour later to let you know if you made it to the next (final) round. 1 45 minute interview. Play a Trading Game and do mental math.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 key themes in the market?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online and got an email to come in for an interview almost 2 months later. First Round Interview was straight forward: asked me about myself, why DB, why Sales and Trading, things I've been following in the market, and some brainteasers. Got called back after to do two back-to-back interviews of the same stuff the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied for accelerated recruiting in March, invited to visit the office in late March, and had an interview in Mid April. Traveled to New York in the day and had a first round interview in the morning. Received a phone call to go back for second-round interviews in the afternoon.

Summer Analyst, Sales and Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2015.

Interview

Had a 2 on 1 on campus interview. Asked me basic questions- why s&t, why DB, tell us about one time you failed, etc. Inquired about activities and time commitments listed on my resume. Interviewers were fairly cold, probed my answers pretty thoroughly and did not seem moved by my reasoning. At the end they asked me to describe the current markets and then let me ask them a few questions.

Interview Questions

• Why banking, why DB, why would you be good at it, what are good traits for someone in sales and trading?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2013.

Interview

submitted application online, no telephone interview which was weird. Received a call to fly me to Sydney, 2 rounds of interviews, 1 behaviour and 1 technical.

Interview Questions

• Market questions such as:

Describe the quantitative easing and how that impacts the bond market, the interest rate, USD, AUD etc.

Do you know about Basel II and Basel III

What was your last trade and why?

Behaviour: What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you?

Are you a risk taker? Give me an example.

Do you prefer sales or trading? Why?

Biggest achievement?   1 Answer