Deutsche Bank Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 19, 2017

2.9

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying several months earlier, I was reached out to several days prior to attend a Super Day held at Deutsche's main Manhattan offices on Wall Street. First round was a one on one interview with a technology worker, asking basic questions about my CV, basic questions about Java (my preferred language), and general competency questions. The final round was two two on one interviews. The first was with two technical workers, asking about my projects and Java as well as python. They also asked some technical questions about my area of interest. I wasn't able to answer fully but they said that was fine. The second interview was part technical and part business, so it's important to know about banking not just CS and the tech side! I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Cary, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

It was an On Campus Interview. I applied from my college portal and after about 2 weeks, I got a call for an interview on campus for the Deutsche Bank Global Technology Wing at Raleigh.

Interview Questions

• Was asked some questions about my background, what is deep learning, some of the trading algorithms I might know and (weirdly enough) I was asked some Java questions which wasn't even mentioned in my resume. This was unnerving. Questions like is Java a pass by value or pass by reference language and some programs to be made in java which included some OOP concepts.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Cary, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

On campus interview based on resume. I met the interviewer at the university job fair and he is very friendly. The interview is basically talking about my resume and projects. No tech questions in this interview. Received final round interview invitation, will update.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in September 2017.

Interview

Met them at campus fair and was setup for a campus interview the next week. The interview was 30mins long with two managers. All behavioural questions. Waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions for the first round, then two 30-minute interviews for the second round. Second round consists of behavioral interview as well as a technical interview. Technical interview asked questions pertaining to my major and how I would improve it.

Interview Questions

• I assume you're familiar with Agile Methodology, how would you improve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews in two days, the last two being back to back. Pretty standard interview with questions about my resume, and many behavioral questions about working in teams as well as why I want to work there.

Interview Questions

• What is a hard project you worked on and how did you complete it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Cary, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I was invited to join the final interview round at DB office in Cary, NC. I had one-on-one interviews with a few team leaders. It only took them a few days to return with an offer

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions about working with a team. Technical questions include high level data structure questions. (stack, queue, etc...)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Deutsche Bank came to my school for a career fair. I applied though my schools website and I was asked to do an on campus interview. The first interview was with two people - they were both very friendly and nice. However, it seemed that one of them was having a long day (I was one of the last to be interviewed that day) but it wasn't an issue. We basically just went over my resume and had a nice chat. About 1-2 weeks later I got an email saying I was invited for the final round of interviews in NYC. I flew in NYC at 8am and flew out at 4pm - so it was a very rushed day. I went to the Deutsche Bank building and they told me where to go - it was all very intimidating, flying across the country, getting a taxi, finding the building, getting to the right location within the building, then having to wait in a room with other potential candidates for the same position. There were 2 final interviews, 30 minutes each, back to back. Again it was with two people and we basically just went over my resume. I think there were a couple questions like, why Deutsche Bank? I was only asked one programming question and it was about SQL - it was very basic. I believe they were mostly looking for people with potential and ambition - shown through personal experiences found in the resume. Every interviewer was very nice and pleasant. The next day I got a call from them extending me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an INNER JOIN and OUTER JOIN?   Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

First round two-to-one on-campus interview was 30 minutes. Went over behavioral questions like what's your most/least favorite class, why computer science, why finance. Then technical questions involving data structure. Heard back within a week for Super Day. Super Day had only one round two-to-one interview that went 30 minutes. Had basic behavioral and technical questions based on resume.

Interview Questions

• basic behavioral and technical questions based on resume.   Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed on campus for my first round. Broad technical questions- not super in depth algorithms. Must have good understanding data structure and algorithms concepts. Expedited next round because I had a pending offer - should have been in person but had it over the phone