Deutsche Bank Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

3.1

212 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

AVP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Process is pretty straight forward. I applied through an agent. I attended my first interview on phone and later they invited me to the Canary wharf office for the next round where i had 2 back to back interviews.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Four stages: (1) hiring manager and one other team member - passed to the next stage, (2) subject matter expert - passed to the next stage, (3) head of department - passed to the next stage. After speaking with the head of the department I was offered the role (accepted) and told that I need to follow up with one last interview with HR to discuss the compensation. DB requested that I submit information regarding my current and past salaries, including any bonuses paid (all that referring to the last 4 years). I met with DB's HR contact and answered some behavioural questions and routinely discussed my CV. No offer was made and HR contact briefly talked me through salary structure and benefits. I was seated across a table and shown different pieces of paper but I was not allowed to take any materials home. Instead I was told that the onboarding team would ensure I've received all this info following the interview. After two days I was informed that the team structure has changed and now instead of one VP role two Associates positions were created (myself and another candidate). At this point I already knew that the whole enterprise was a waste of time and expected a polite email to arrive in my inbox (which followed within next few days). So to add to this confusion I was offered a role, accepted it but then was told that another candidate was offered the same role.
    A word of advice to anyone who attends DB interviews: they seem to like "keeping candidates warm", meaning that both DB and recruiter are not transparent as to who's the preferred candidate or the salary on offer. So don't be surprised if you hear this phrase used during an interview or in a conversation with a recruiter. They just keep you "warm" and engaged while trying to find the cheapest candidate available.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very disappointed. There was no negotiation phase per de. I was offered the role I applied for but DB went for another cheaper candidate after extorting information about my earnings (I was asked to submit copies of my payslips before meeting HR!!!).
    I was also told by the recruiter that an offer would be made at the last stage meeting (formality as they referred to while speaking with me). But this promise never materialised. Clearly money is still an issue for DB.

Assistant Vice President Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very quick and efficient process. I applied online for a role and subsequently had 2 interviews with the hiring manager and his manager. The process was very smooth and well managed, decisions made quickly and candidate informed throughout. Good questions were asked which were relevant in assessing if I would be a good fit to perform the role. They looked at the transferable skills in addition to what I have specifically done before which is very useful as no 2 jobs are exactly the same and it is important to give a candidate a change to do something different if they can prove that they have done similar things and can learn quickly.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your past experience when managing a team?
      Why would you be good at this job?   Answer Question

Financial Crimes Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

10 competency based questions, 2/3 questions about the content of your CV. Asked me about why I want to work in FCO role. They were trying to find out whether I was suitable for the role and that I will not jump into another role.

Interview Questions

• Describe the situation when you had to work in a small team?
      Describe when you had to inform management of a mistake made by someone within the organisation?   Answer Question

Quantitative Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Two rounds of phone and on-line site interviews followed by the HR interview.

Company verbally indicated that they want to make an offer, but retracted it after the HR stage without adequate explanation.

Interview Questions

• Write a C++ function to reverse a string   Answer Question
    • What kind of data would be required by a GPS like Google Maps to plot optimal routes around the UK? How much data would it be? What data structures would you use? How would you search for the quickest or shortest route from A to B using this data?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

attended spring week, friday was an assessment day
    3 interviews: competency, business acumen, case study
    case study could choose to be a business analyst or software developer
    all interviews 1:1
    there was also assessment during the week e.g. DB employees could recommend interns and some had to fill in reviews

Interview Questions

• What do you want from your life? How do you define success?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

The process was good. I applied during the last week of December. Got moved forward to take the test a week or two later. The only problem was that I didn't hear back from them for another month/month and a half. I assumed I didn't succeed for I've been told that they don't reject candidates outside of interviews until al spots have been filled. Anyways, received an email saying I've been moved forward. Has about 6 days to prepare. A recruiter sent an email 4 days before the in person interview with documents that could help the candidates out. Really amazing.

The interview went well. Met with two employees. A Vice President and a Director. Heard back the next day that I had been moved forward. Was given a little over a week to prepare for the AC. Met with group heads and managing directors. Tough 1:1 interviews. Heard back the next business day by phone that I was being offered a position.

Project Governance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

I had an initial telephone interview, this was about 30mins long and i was interviewed by a team member.
    Then a follow up face to face interview for an hour with a team member and the programme lead

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what you will bring into this role   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 5 weeks. I applied online. Afterwards, I had to complete a numerical test online. Next, I had the first round interview. It was a competency interview and the interviewers (2:1) basically wanted to know a bit more info about myself and my motivation for applying for this role at DB. They were very nice. Finally, I had the final round interviews(1:1), 3 in total. I had to present a case study; I had to choose from a technical and a business solution. The second interview was a competency one (I found this one the hardest) and the third one was a mix of competency and technical knowledge. All the interviewers were amazing people, I learned lots of things from them.

SQL Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Initially I was introduced by a recruitment agency was told to expect a 1h interview with technical and non technical questions.
    I arrived at the office on time, but the hiring manager was about 15 minutes late as he accompanied out another candidate. He clarified that we had 30 minutes.
    There was a second interviewer, one of which spent a great deal of time talking about the system they work on and added that there were 2 slightly different positions they were hiring for.

The hiring manager was very apologetic but after about 15 minutes said that he had to leave the room to go in another meeting.
    As the second interviewer continued talking, without asking me questions, at the end I barely had 5 minutes to answer questions and talk about how I could contribute to the project and of my experience.
    At the end of the intervew it clearly transpired that they were not interested in interviewing me at all despite I was confident that my skills and experience were a very good match for the job specifications.

Interview Questions

• Given the explanation of the project and the system we work on, how do you think you fit in this role?   Answer Question