Deutsche Bank Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.1

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)).

Interview

95% Competency based, although it varies depending on who you interview with, and your finance experience. 1 numerical and 3 1-1 interviews. I applied in September, and had the interview in February. Make sure you are able to answer what you did during your earlier work experiences, and what it taught you.

Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

45mins case study preparation at the beginning, followed by one competency-based interview and one technical interview, finally present the case study for 10 mins and they asked questions for around 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• Did you work with someone who are difficult to deal with.   Answer Question

Graduate Outreach for Women (GROW) Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was straightforward, HR was very communicative throughout the 6 weeks, I got invited for a telephone interview that lasted 15minutes.Then I waited a week and got a call that my application was successful.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Very friendly, positive interview environment. I had one one to two interview first then after 2 days I got the result. Then I had my second interview with them. It included technical interview, competency interview and a case study.

Interview Questions

• why Deutsche Bank and brain teasers, some technical questions   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

it was a 2:1 interview and the interviewers were friendly. they asked thorough questions and gave me ample time to craft and answer. felt comfortable and free to express my thoughts and share my opinion. had to explain my thought processes and that was difficult initially but i got used to it after

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, complete online assessments. Did first stage interview over the phone. Final round interview was in person in London.

Had 2 interviews, one case study where I had to present my findings to 1 person. The interviewers were friendly and made me feel comfortable.The atmosphere with fellow hopeful candidates was very relaxed, everyone was lovely.

Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Fast tracked to final round interview so don't have any experience with the earlier stages, apart from an online numeracy test that is pretty standard. On the interview day you are given a case study and 45 minutes to prepare a concept, can develop either a heavily tech solution (e.g. Development role) or a business overview (e.g. Management and analysis). Three interviews all on the same day each lasting 30 minutes, one of them is in regard to the case study and two other general competency based mixed with a couple of technology questions. Feedback was given within 48 hours, I actually got a call the next morning so they don't keep you waiting. It was useful to have some key facts on regulation in the industry and the structure of the senior management etc. Do your research e.g. Fintech and DB labs, strategy 2020 etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a bank not just a tech firm?   Answer Question
    • What is asynchronous programming?   Answer Question
    • What are threads and why are they used / what benefits and disadvantages do they have ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you realised you had made a mistake?   Answer Question
    • What was the cause of the 2008 credit crisis?   Answer Question
    • What is the result of the credit crisis and how has it changed the way we operate as a bank?   Answer Question

Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Online Application and Test
    2. Competency/Technical Interview 1 vs 2
    3. 2 x Competency/Technical Interviews 1 vs 1 and 1 x Case Study 1 vs 1
    You prepare for a case study at the beginning of the AC. You get information about 2 different stocks. You have to buy one and sell one and say why.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why finance?
      2. Why banking?
      3. Why global markets?
      4. How long do you think will Euro (currency) last?
      5. Suppose bond yield is 4%. Bond price falls by 20 bps. How does yield change?
      6. Why Deutsche Bank given all the recent problems?
      7. Tell me about yourself.
      8. Tell me about your previous internship experience.
      9. What do you do in your free time?
      10. Do you follow markets? How?
      Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Applied through online application system
    Short notice before first round phone interview
    15 mins first round phone interview with an analyst
    Technical questions were quite difficult, competencies questions and brain teasers are quite standard

Interview Questions

• Why ibd
      Why Deutsche Bank
      What is Beta
      Relationship between the 3 financial statements
      Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Application

Interview

Online application, Numerical Reasoning Test, Phone Interview. Very straight forward numerical test and the phone interviewer was really nice and understanding. They asked technical questions as well as personal questions. Afterwards they invited me to their office.