Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit.

Interview

- Sent online application and received an invitation to an interview within 2-3 weeks
    - Skype interview lasted for about one hour
    - Was interviewed by two members of the team
    - Questions were fair (on the topic, one can prepare for them well)
    - After the interview, I was asked to submit a writing sample via email within a specified time (30 - 60 min). The first task was to summarize an English text in German and the second task was to briefly answer one out of three questions (in English) (see below)

Interview Questions

• - Which might be some of the risks when governments actively intervene in the economy?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

personal interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (Hartford, CT) in December 2011.

Interview

It as easy, I had to submit a resume and then phone interview was scheduled. They wanted to know about academic performance and asked to see a writing sample. They also wanted support for a conference and asked about prior experience in event management. Prior regional knowledge was not required.

Administrative Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (Kiev (Ukraine)) in May 2017.

Interview

Position related to contracts, tenders, accounting.

My lessons learned:
    - Don’t expect Fair Game or clear Result
    - Making your homework before the interview (research on the company, compare job description and CV, what else you can offer) is not enough - develop A, B…Z approaches of self promotions
    - Develop list of acceptable interview outcomes
    - Speak up immediately when you are not allowed to showcase yourself
    - Try to understand what has happened and learn your lesson.
    - Don’t expect any result (maybe, Universe is almost ready to make you much better career offer)
    - Always keep on looking into new opportunities

My PROS
    People in the office are extremely helpful; interviewing panel demonstrates friendly attitude, which keeps your morale high; the panel is quite open and gives you information; if you like test tasks as I do – you will have those. I really liked procurement related Q&A session and test task (I could understand how employer formulates the task, and showcase my way of thinking and approaching such tasks, so we both could see if we fit each other in this part).

My CONS
    -First phone interview and outcome conversations were with recruiter A, the interview and its appointment – with recruiter B. Result: No Clue why interview was not successful, since recruiter A has also no clue;
    -Accounting test task was given in German, which I Didn’t Speak and the panel confirmed They Knew I didn't; no answer from the panel if they were satisfied by my answer, which was presented as assumption, subject to verification;
    -I was not asked about my contracts experience, no test task;
    -Some strange situations happened through the process. I ignored those that time, but now when I reflect, I can’t stop thinking about those. From attempts do distract me from a test task when I was reading it, to, maybe, the most strange: recruiter B called 1 time 10 minutes before the end of business day (2 days prior expected interview), I couldn’t answer that time, but also couldn’t call back same day since day was over; no further calls next day (that’s normal for a busy recruiter, but there was also no invitation e-mail…which was strange); so I called (hoping I would not distract her from interviews) and we made an appointment. But, when recruiter B said she’d been trying hard to reach me…I was surprised;
    - Real disappointment - when interviewing panel in words demonstrated excitement with my application, in action they Showed Total Lack of Interest in me Even Before the Interview Has Started:
    (i) I offered my career portfolio (full, or maybe some part, in paper or electronic version) and printed motivation statement twice (before the interview has started and right after), but they said both times they Didn’t Need it. As well my post-interview thank you note with offer of reference letters was left unanswered. Imagine how surprised I was to see their request in all new job announcement “minimum 3 references”!
    (ii) I asked if the panel were interested in maybe some additional competences and I would like to check if I could offer such – they said No.
    (iii) I received a comment “you listed so much experience in the CV, we want to understand more about what you did”… Well, you know, working 50-70 hours per week usually gives exactly that much experience in a CV, and you could verify my CV by checking my portfolio or references.

Do I have any regrets? Maybe:
    - I must have spoken up about that test task in German (even though that moment I though it could be impolite), but instead I have made assumptions based on numbers and logic only, and delivered those saying that in this case I do assumptions and some additional details could help me to validate such assumptions made;
    - Maybe I must have been even more persistent and ask what they were trying to test in such a strange way (giving task in a language they knew I didn't speak);
    - I must have been even terribly persistent: request all e-mails of the panel and communicate with all 3 persons, repeatedly offering my references, portfolio and demanding additional (more complicated) test tasks.

I have a bitter-sweat experience from this interview.
    BITTER part
    -I have serious doubts if competition was fair.
    -I was refused in possibility to showcase aspects of my experience, which could cover lack of German language and NGO’s uncertainty if I’m good in understanding accounting and managing financial data.
    -No clue why interview was not successful.
    SWEAT part
    I’m really happy that I had this experience. I applied my plans from A to Z for this interview, acted based on my mindset, and with respect. This means I did my best in the situation and have no regrets. If it didn’t work, perhaps, I really don't fit the company.
    Doing my homework for the application and interview + post-interview reflection = knowing myself and my goals better. And I have received inspiration to further develop private projects.

Interview Questions

• What/How would you do (procurement) if a stakeholder comes to you and says that you now own certain procurement project, but you don't know much about procurement subject, budget, time?   1 Answer
    • What is your motivation for application?   1 Answer
    • How would you change from two equal commercial offers?   1 Answer
    • If you have an uncertainty, would you come to your manager to ask for instructions or take some previous actions first?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit.

Interview

- Competence - based interview and informal talks about the project and about my knowledge of the region. Questions on non- formal education guiding principles. Questions about my previous professional experiences.

Interview Questions

• - Interest in the project
      - Previews professional and volunteer experiences   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (Lagos (Nigeria)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was nice and friendly, did not even know the interview had started. The panel made me relax and feel at home. I felt good at the end of the process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (Nigeria)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online (cv and cover letter) and received a response about two months later. I was invited for an interview by phone. The interview started with an introduction on what the project is about, different units in the project and a general introduction to the company.

There was a challenging question round, conducted by 3 people on the panel. It lasted for about 45 minutes. Questions were both general (personality, motivation etc.) and technical questions. Most on application of research methods to some practical problems.

Interview Questions

• What would you present to a bank for investment in a project   Answer Question

EZ-Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (Tiruchirappalli (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

this company came for internship to our university. their were 2 rounds first technical interview followed by HR. technical questions are generally based on electronics parts and matlab based normal questions asked about my graduation project etc

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (Dhaka (Bangladesh)).

Interview

It was a direct interview, consist of Head of Project, Head of HR and reporting supervisor. It was a friendly environment altogether. Most of the questions were asked related to my previous job and how those will be related with present job description.

Interview Questions

• Previous job responsibilities and interest about the current job. How to manage the partners. Advantages of myself. Salary expectation.   1 Answer

Financial Management Specialist Interview

Interview

I was contacted several weeks after my online application. The initial contact was very friendly and rather informal. I was invited directly to a personal interview.

The interview started with an introduction round and then went directly into questioning. It was quite challenging, with a lot of very direct questions from 3 different people and lasted about one hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you like working in teams and give an example.   Answer Question