Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.5

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Broomfield, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted for an interview within a few days. The first interview is one on one. Then you are invited back for a one hour observation and peer interview (unpaid). Afternoon and evening shifts for full time is 36 hours. Overnights are 40 hours. I received a call within a couple of days with an offer. It's 14.50 per hour whether you have a college degree or not. The person I was shadowing told me she had her nose broken by a client a few weeks ago. $14.50 is not enough for all the residential counselors have to deal with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with children?   Answer Question
    • Some of our kids display aggressive behaviors. Would you be able to handle that?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with performing non-violent physical restraints?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (League City, TX).

Interview

It is a group interview, unfortunately. You arrive and they give you a packet with questions to fill out and answer. Once you are done you proceed to the group interview.

Program Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenmoore, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Glenmoore, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was great and extremely beneficial. I see a lot of possibilities with this company. They provided an excellent insight into the company structure, how they service the children and more.

Mental Health Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Westminster, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online through Devereux Careers page on their website. Was promptly notified of the acceptance of my application and received a follow-up email a few days later to schedule a phone conversation. After completing the conversation I was invited in for an interview that day.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked a lot of scenario questions. What would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsborough, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Hillsborough, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Lots of back and forth calling and emailing to set up interviews. Starts with a phone interview which is just a basic screening. If the hiring recruiter sees you fit for the job they will schedule you for an in person interview at one of the group homes (depending on the location you applied for). If the in person interview goes well, the paper work you fill out will be sent to the hiring office. They will do a back ground check and call references. If all checks out they call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• "describe a time where you witnessed something illegal or unethical and what did you do?"   Answer Question

Direct Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Westminster, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email back a couple of days later asking me a few questions about why I was interested in the position. After this, I had a 10-minute phone screening that mostly involved HR telling me more about the position and giving me an opportunity to ask questions. I was called back for an in-person interview the following week, which lasted about 20 minutes and was a typical one-on-one interview. After this interview, they had me complete a 2-hour observation on one of the units to see how I interacted with the kids and to give me a preview of what the job would be like. They then completed a reference check, a background check, and a drug test and offered me the position the following week.

Interview Questions

• Situational question about how you would deal with a difficult client   Answer Question

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was straight forward and casual, the questions came from a prewritten packet. Neither of the interviewers were overly formal or serious, and explained their agency in depth when I asked questions about it. They directly talked to me about pay afterwards, so I had a pretty good idea they would offer me the position. There were a few different interruptions during the process.

Program Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health.

Interview

The hiring process seemed a little over the top. I had two interviews that lasted over 30 minutes each and I'm still not sure if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked numerous situational questions about how I would handle certain situations and what kind of management style I thought I had.   Answer Question

Direct Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Westminster, CO).

Interview

First, there was a phone interview that lasted 20 minutes. Second, was an in person interview that last around 40 minutes. Mine was with the director of the department, but some individuals interviewed with supervisors. Lastly, you have to complete an hour and 45 minute observation.

Interview Questions

• A client had a fight with their boyfriend/girlfriend and, as they were discussing the argument, they asked if you had a boyfriend/girlfriend. How would you respond?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Goleta, CA).

Interview

I went during one of their open house interviews. I filled out a questionnaire, and when I was interviewed, they briefly read my answers and asked me a few questions based on my answers.

Interview Questions

• There are many parts of this job that aren't so pretty (eg, cleaning up bodily excrement, being hit by clients). Would you be able to deal with this? How?   1 Answer