Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2018

2.5

Many Roles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied online for several different jobs at this company. One supervisor called me a month later to interview me for one of the jobs that I applied for. After that it took several weeks before I heard back from the supervisor. I didn't get the job and I don't know why. I have lots of experience working with individuals with disabilities. I was offered one job at a low low pay. I declined the job offer because of the low pay.
    I gave up applying to jobs in this company because I lost hope that they won't hire me. I kept getting rejection from this company

Pca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Applied for the position online then I received a email asking to do a questionnaire. After a few days went by I got another email asking a good timing to do the phone interview. Did the other the phone interview which was 8 minutes and was told that the next step was to get a face to face interview with the hiring manager who would call me. Got a email days later saying they appreciated me applying and would save my resume for future positions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health.

Interview

fast quick and in a hurry. I didn't even finish my application online (I completed half of it) before someone called to schedule an interview. I came in twice before starting training. overall, pretty quick process because they are in need of more employees since that job has such a high turnover rate

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Broomfield, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted for an interview within a few days. The first interview is one on one. Then you are invited back for a one hour observation and peer interview (unpaid). Afternoon and evening shifts for full time is 36 hours. Overnights are 40 hours. I received a call within a couple of days with an offer. It's 14.50 per hour whether you have a college degree or not. The person I was shadowing told me she had her nose broken by a client a few weeks ago. $14.50 is not enough for all the residential counselors have to deal with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with children?   Answer Question
    • Some of our kids display aggressive behaviors. Would you be able to handle that?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with performing non-violent physical restraints?   Answer Question

Program Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenmoore, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Glenmoore, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was great and extremely beneficial. I see a lot of possibilities with this company. They provided an excellent insight into the company structure, how they service the children and more.

Mental Health Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Westminster, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online through Devereux Careers page on their website. Was promptly notified of the acceptance of my application and received a follow-up email a few days later to schedule a phone conversation. After completing the conversation I was invited in for an interview that day.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked a lot of scenario questions. What would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsborough, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Hillsborough, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Lots of back and forth calling and emailing to set up interviews. Starts with a phone interview which is just a basic screening. If the hiring recruiter sees you fit for the job they will schedule you for an in person interview at one of the group homes (depending on the location you applied for). If the in person interview goes well, the paper work you fill out will be sent to the hiring office. They will do a back ground check and call references. If all checks out they call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• "describe a time where you witnessed something illegal or unethical and what did you do?"   Answer Question

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glassboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Glassboro, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process consisted of me being interviewed by one woman in an office at a desk. The interview lasted for 10-15 minutes before they hired me right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had to work under pressure.   Answer Question

Direct Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Westminster, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email back a couple of days later asking me a few questions about why I was interested in the position. After this, I had a 10-minute phone screening that mostly involved HR telling me more about the position and giving me an opportunity to ask questions. I was called back for an in-person interview the following week, which lasted about 20 minutes and was a typical one-on-one interview. After this interview, they had me complete a 2-hour observation on one of the units to see how I interacted with the kids and to give me a preview of what the job would be like. They then completed a reference check, a background check, and a drug test and offered me the position the following week.

Interview Questions

• Situational question about how you would deal with a difficult client   Answer Question

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was straight forward and casual, the questions came from a prewritten packet. Neither of the interviewers were overly formal or serious, and explained their agency in depth when I asked questions about it. They directly talked to me about pay afterwards, so I had a pretty good idea they would offer me the position. There were a few different interruptions during the process.