Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.6

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was straight forward and casual, the questions came from a prewritten packet. Neither of the interviewers were overly formal or serious, and explained their agency in depth when I asked questions about it. They directly talked to me about pay afterwards, so I had a pretty good idea they would offer me the position. There were a few different interruptions during the process.

Program Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health.

Interview

The hiring process seemed a little over the top. I had two interviews that lasted over 30 minutes each and I'm still not sure if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked numerous situational questions about how I would handle certain situations and what kind of management style I thought I had.   Answer Question

Direct Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Westminster, CO).

Interview

First, there was a phone interview that lasted 20 minutes. Second, was an in person interview that last around 40 minutes. Mine was with the director of the department, but some individuals interviewed with supervisors. Lastly, you have to complete an hour and 45 minute observation.

Interview Questions

• A client had a fight with their boyfriend/girlfriend and, as they were discussing the argument, they asked if you had a boyfriend/girlfriend. How would you respond?   1 Answer

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Goleta, CA).

Interview

I went during one of their open house interviews. I filled out a questionnaire, and when I was interviewed, they briefly read my answers and asked me a few questions based on my answers.

Interview Questions

• There are many parts of this job that aren't so pretty (eg, cleaning up bodily excrement, being hit by clients). Would you be able to deal with this? How?   Answer Question

Information Systems Support Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health.

Interview

They sent me an email to setup a phone interview and then never called at the appointed time, never heard from them. Not a good way to win over potential candidates.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health.

Interview

HR director called to set up the interview and I met with the hiring manager. Not a lot of questions for me. Mostly trying to sell me on the agency.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm negotiating now.

Clinician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health.

Interview

The first interview is with the clinical manager. The second interview is with the clinical manager, the lead clinician, and therapists from the clinical department. During the second interview everyone gets to question to you. If you are called in for a second interview, you are either one of 2 or one of 3 candidates.

Interview Questions

• Numerous therapeutic questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They said the salary was non-negotiable regardless of how many years of experience or certifications a clinician had.

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was first contacted by HR for a phone interview, which lasted about 30 minutes. They then emailed me a few days later asking me to come in for a second, formal interview. The second interview lasted 2-3 hours with the time split between the interview and shadowing. The questions were mostly behavioral/situational questions. Explaining how you would handle a potential situation, etc. The shadowing involved me going to a unit (they ask what group you are most interested in, I said behavioral disorders) and spending some time there with the residents and their counselors. The shadowing itself was very beneficial, it gave great insight to what I would be doing every day. Things were very hectic. My largest complaint was that the counselors (my potential coworkers) were unfriendly and unwelcoming. Only one of them acknowledged my presence. That, along with the very unsafe environment, is why I did not take the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a resident started yelling and throwing things?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a resident refused to leave their room and go to dinner?

what if that didnt work?
      Answer Question
    • You are going to be out numbered by residents who often become violent towards themselves and others, including you. Are you comfortable with that? How would you handle a resident who was becoming violent?   Answer Question

Behavior Health Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Long drawn out process. Phone interview then in person interview. Person who was supposed to interview me didn't even show up so a random person had to do the interview. I waited almost am hour before I was interviewed.

Human Resources Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Mgr. and he asked me a couple of questions and scheduled me for an interview. When I came in for this interview, the first thing I noticed was how miserable the receptionist looked. Then she told me to use the phone and dial the HR Mgr. myself. I thought this was the receptionist's job? During the interview, the a Mgr. and some other woman (she did not even tell me what her role was) interviewed me by asking canned questions from a list and writing down my responses. This interview did not last long. The whole thing felt impersonal. And I was told I would be working in a cubicle with no windows and constant noise and distractions all around. Sorry, but not my type of work environment. The office was hot as hell too. Hope someone else enjoys working in that environment for $13 an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working in a cubicle with distractions all around? Tell us about a time you used initiative.   Answer Question